Mirror doesn't tilt back after reversing?

Luminorbase

Hi,

Hope someone has experience fixing this and can help.

my E60 passenger side mirror doesn't tilt back to normal position after reversing?

but when I tried with my wife's key its ok?

Do I need to reset something?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Mirror doesn't tilt back after reversing?

Luminorbase;156681 said:
Hi,

Hope someone has experience fixing this and can help.

my E60 passenger side mirror doesn't tilt back to normal position after reversing?

but when I tried with my wife's key its ok?

Do I need to reset something?

Thanks for any help!

Does it never ever work on your key? My family's E46 had a problem with the mirror refusing to tilt back. It first started out on-off, never seemed serious cos it would return to upright position when I clicked on my seat memory setting.

Then one day it refused to return to position until I manually adjusted it with the controls in the driver seat. Sent in for repair, PML replaced the motor. Said it was faulty.

Maybe you should monitor your mirror and have it checked at the next servicing. I hear this mirror tilting problem happens alot, bmw and non-bmw.

i used to have the same problem with my e46... my key it doesn't tilt.... my wife's it does...

Its ok now - seems all you need to do is to adjust your mirrors back to your normal setup - then save it in one of the memory seat position.

It worked - after a few days it came back again. I did the same procedure again and its ok.

I am just curiuos what triggered this off in the first place?

Each key will have its individual programme from door locking, pdc, mirror positions, radio presets, to seat memo positions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789win5net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back