Missing locking wheel nut on rims

kevinbmw

Hello all..

I'm not sure if this is a huge problem but was washing my car earlier and then was scrubbing my rims and found out one of the nuts is missing!! Not sure if this is a big issue and how long I been driving like "nutless" but it's quite scary...

Any advice from bros is greatly appreciated? Can I get it replaced? Will attach some pics to show you..

Re: Missing locking wheel nut on rims

Here's how it looks like on the other wheel...

32d326df1c1d63ec83231095dbddc085.jpg
[/IMG]

And here's the wheel that has the missing locking nut..

645d92159b94b8954ba13d6e01d4b783.jpg

A close up pic...

329a280fcd40616f06014658348c7dc1.jpg

Not a biggie ..... If you have the time then go buy one from Eng Soon.

I wun be able to sleep.
A good excuse to change rims too. Mtl!

Missing locking wheel nut on rims

if one nut is missing doesnt the wheel vibrate due to the unbalanced weight?

think since you do not know since when the bolt was missing, better to BUY AND INSTALL 5 bolts quickly, since there will be stress to other 4 bolts. not expensive, so quickly do it ya? mai tu liao. All tire/wheel shops in our site sponsors will have. If you go Eng Soon, then gotta go workshop after that... 2 places... leychay, imho. Safe Journey!

If you familiar with any tyre shop, they probably will give you a free one.

Red_Bean_Bun;876657 said:
Not a biggie ..... If you have the time then go buy one from Eng Soon.

Wah...eng soon like v far le..
Wasted its a public holiday today..otherwise I don't mind returning to pml to kaupei..maybe they may gimme for free or charge me a BOMB.

Meek;876666 said:
if one nut is missing doesnt the wheel vibrate due to the unbalanced weight?

So far no vibrations le...wouldn't have noticed if not for scrubbing my brake dust!

richlee7;876683 said:
think since you do not know since when the bolt was missing, better to BUY AND INSTALL 5 bolts quickly, since there will be stress to other 4 bolts. not expensive, so quickly do it ya? mai tu liao. All tire/wheel shops in our site sponsors will have. If you go Eng Soon, then gotta go workshop after that... 2 places... leychay, imho. Safe Journey!

Ya I'm so afraid of causing tension to the other 4 bolts that I didn't drive my car today. Argh...the car is due for servicing also, maybe the car workshops should have?

kevinbmw;876741 said:
Wah...eng soon like v far le..
ROFL.

From 2nd link to Changi Airport is no longer than 50km.

kevinbmw;876744 said:
Ya I'm so afraid of causing tension to the other 4 bolts that I didn't drive my car today. Argh...the car is due for servicing also, maybe the car workshops should have?

No need to be paranoid, i think, just dun push or corner too hard, you'll be ok la... Most workshops, even if they dont have, they'll know where to get for you, I'm sure ;)

Alright, my friend passed by a tyre shop today and got me one of the normal bolts! Wrenched it in and at least it's secured for now...realised its the special bolt (the one that requires the special key) that is actually missing. Seriously wonder how it came off...maybe rims faulty or the previous technician didn't secure it tightly.

Guess it will hold for now..will go back pml or MA to get the special bolt back. Wonder how much they may charge..

the workshops should have everything that you need... just make sure the nut is the same depth as the other 4 on the wheel now.

MRacer77;876947 said:
the workshops should have everything that you need... just make sure the nut is the same depth as the other 4 on the wheel now.

That's a good point...I actually have no idea of the length of the other four. :shock:

kevinbmw;876652 said:
Hello all..

I'm not sure if this is a huge problem but was washing my car earlier and then was scrubbing my rims and found out one of the nuts is missing!! Not sure if this is a big issue and how long I been driving like "nutless" but it's quite scary...

Any advice from bros is greatly appreciated? Can I get it replaced? Will attach some pics to show you..

have you make a Police report? ....................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

kevinbmw;876949 said:
That's a good point...I actually have no idea of the length of the other four. :shock:

Unscrew one of the 4 bolts and use it as a reference ......

Red_Bean_Bun;876979 said:
Unscrew one of the 4 bolts and use it as a reference ......

Jia lat la...they are screwed so tightly, I can't unscrew them. Need one of those machines...argh..nvm..take it to BVO soon for them to look see. Thanks bros!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back