Missing my BMW

Re: Missing my BMW

Currently waiting for the launch of der neu BMW 3er 2012. Anyone looking forward to the launch?

After you have driven the BMW 3 series and driven the new Mercedes C-class, you will know which one you really love.....

Anyone out there gave up their BMW for a Merc?

art60044;676835 said:
After you have driven the BMW 3 series and driven the new Mercedes C-class, you will know which one you really love.....

Anyone out there gave up their BMW for a Merc?

I know someone who gave up her "M" for a Merc.:lol:

Wow Rodders....very fast reply....great to hear from you....I hope to change my ride in 2 years time....or maybe 1 year's time???? hehehe

art60044;676831 said:
Currently waiting for the launch of der neu BMW 3er 2012. Anyone looking forward to the launch?

C3PO is looking forward.........

cheers

Welcome art60044. Enjoy your Merc.

ac323;676855 said:
C3PO is looking forward.........

cheers

I am waiting for M3 la.
Red one.

B class? B200 or B170/180? My dad has the B170. Sad engine.

BTW can you help me with this - the B170 seems rev-limited when in P or N. Can't rev > 4,000 rpms. Let me know if you have the same issue.

Hi detach8......I got a B160 and kind of regret....
The B160 feels lethargic....unenergetic.....unmotivated......and after driving it each time on weekends....i will feel super tired and snore very loudly according to my wife....somehow its the car that makes a man i believe. hahaha. I should have spent that money on some better cars.

Haha.. I'm thinking your car had been stolen at first time,SORRY! You owns BMW and Merc. So it's a happy thing? Why so sad? Enjoy your happy time with Merc!

art60044;677027 said:
Hi detach8......I got a B160 and kind of regret....
The B160 feels lethargic....unenergetic.....unmotivated......and after driving it each time on weekends....i will feel super tired and snore very loudly according to my wife....somehow its the car that makes a man i believe. hahaha. I should have spent that money on some better cars.

THere's a B160? Is it a 1.6L turbo? Hmmm... my dad has the B170. Yes, it's is not a very enthusiastic engine. Even the Volvo 2.4i (NA) engine is not like a BMW 2.0L N46. The BMW engine just loves to rev. Nothing can beat that.

Hmm I just checked sgcarmart, it seems the B160 is a NA IL4 engine and has a compression ratio of 11. That's pretty high. Maybe feed it with 98 or even V-Power see how it goes. With 155Nm of torque, such a big body plus a CVT geartrain it's not going anywhere.

But the CVT brings the car up to speed quite quickly actually. Otherwise just have some fun with it in manual mode. I think it goes up to 7 ("virtual") gears!

I had a B-class, sold it after 1.5 yrs. Cannot tahan the lean engine. Too fuel efficient to the extent it actually stalled twice on my wife. I condemned the car so much in the merc car forum that the moderator ask me to cool it. I was just merely stating the facts.

I rev the B170 to 6000 rpm before. But must go on manual mode.

Came back to bmw, no regrets, despite the fact I lost quite a bit in 1.5 yrs time. But then again, the price I paid for my 320, it's consider a steal compare to the prices now. LAGI NO REGRET!

Cheers!

Hmm how did you conclude that the engine was running lean?

The german engineer that was tasked to troubleshoot the stall could not rectify the problem and to mitigate the problem, he raised the idle rpm so that more fuel is being injected.

Ask for an explanation, he could only explain in halting english that that's the design the of engine transmission which I think is greatly flawed! Do a google and you will find plenty of articles regarding this problem worldwide.

Cheers!

I don't see why running an engine lean would cause it to stall. Maybe it was designed to run at low RPMs to keep the FC low in traffic jams? Our air is warm and thin, unlike maybe in USA it would be colder/denser. My 320i drinks fuel when it's stationary.

It might be something bogging the engine, maybe AC or steering pump?

There might also be a safety feature to cut the engine if it's stressing the CVT gearbox too much. Afterall it's a pretty flaky technology even as of now, that's why VW/Audi has 7 DSG and BMW has the ZF 8 speed auto.

One thing though after 3 years of driving... I can conclude the B170/180 seats are crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't ask me, I don't know why, I am not a car engineer. Lousy engine design, period. Sold the car, good riddance!

But to give credits to C&C's customer service, top notch! When my car was in the workshop for a month, they gave me a brand new C lass 350 to drive. PML, forget it! Can drive down to service centre anytime and they will try to accommodate you, PML forget it!

I think you should compare apple to apple.
Compare the 3 series to a c-class.
That would be more appropriate. :chinese:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunwin88cloud

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups