Mobil 1 Extended Performance 10W-40 SuperSyn Fully Synthetic

Re: Mobil 1 Extended Performance 10W-40 SuperSyn Fully Synthetic

The oil viscoscity stated on the bottle tells you the thickness of the oil. Big number = thick oil low number is vice-versa. The 'W' just means the viscoscity is the thickenss in winter 0 degree temp.

Giant Selling 5W-30, 10W-30 and 0W-40 at $12.90/quart.....

Good Deal man.... I just grabbed 7qt hurhurhur.....

SEI said:
what is the m3's oil???

Castrol 10w-60 which is also the approved oil for Porsche.

monsterous said:
How about AMSOIL Engine Oil from USA?
It is 100% Synthetic
http://www.bestsynthetic.com/
http://www.amsoil.com/
http://bestsyntheticoil.com/members/amsoil/516559/

There is a comparison between Amsoil and MObil 1 in one of the links..
Interesting..

i think its also interesting that you sell amsoil on this and other forums as well.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/buying-selling-your-bmw/9741-engine-oil-amsoil.html

Hi all,

I'm a new BMW owner, so, have a couple of questions, would like to ask the gurus here...

At this point, I am still running in the car (E90 320) and have clocked about 1700km... I am intending to change oil (and filter) at the 5k mark, without resetting the service interval.

I have heard of this new oil, called Titanium Plus, which is a 5W-50 oil, blended by a local firm called Texas Petrolchemical Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. Costs S$70/ litre, (which is relatively expensive) but has claims of improving fuel efficiency and even horsepower and torque. More details at www.texaslub.com

My questions are these:
(1) Has any brudder (or sister) here heard of this oil? If yes, anyone here has tried it? Any feedback regarding it?

(2) Since the oil cannot be bought off the shelf, and oil change must be done at their approved workshops, any issues with warranty / servicing with PML?

(3) I have read the various postings of oil here, and am quite confused regarding the appropriate time to change oil. PML recommends following the service interval as determined by the car's BC. While some brudders recommend changing at regular intervals (i.e. 10k mark) or half the service interval. So, which is which??? I just want to take good care of my engine, so, any recommendations? Follow the service interval or not?

(4) Lastly, which oil do you guys use most for our weather?

Thanks for all who take the time to answer my quries.

Cheers,
Larry

The Texas Oil cost $70/ litre ??? 5 Litre cost $350 ??? No matter how good the oil is, it, cannot offset the cost for being fuel efficient.

Your car now runs on grade 30 oil, and most probably Castrol.

Try Mobil 1 0W-40 which i think it's a good oil or any other big name and u will not go wrong. And for warranty issue, go to the few workshop that is recommended here and u shouldnt go wrong since changing oil is a simple job.

I practice changing oil in between the Service Interval aka ard every 10k km, but I am sure the ar is not going to breakdown if u change it at every 25k according to the clock.

U will also feel that the car runs smoother if u change oil at every 10k instead of 25k.

Cheers....

Larry said:
Hi all,

At this point, I am still running in the car (E90 320) and have clocked about 1700km... I am intending to change oil (and filter) at the 5k mark, without resetting the service interval.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your car is very NEW.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have heard of this new oil, called Titanium Plus, which is a 5W-50 oil, blended by a local firm called Texas Petrolchemical Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. Costs S$70/ litre, (which is relatively expensive) but has claims of improving fuel efficiency and even horsepower and torque. More details at www.texaslub.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5W-50 oil is very difficult to increase your fc. Unless it is proven in race.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My questions are these:

(2) Since the oil cannot be bought off the shelf, and oil change must be done at their approved workshops, any issues with warranty / servicing with PML?

(3) I have read the various postings of oil here, and am quite confused regarding the appropriate time to change oil. PML recommends following the service interval as determined by the car's BC. While some brudders recommend changing at regular intervals (i.e. 10k mark) or half the service interval. So, which is which??? I just want to take good care of my engine, so, any recommendations? Follow the service interval or not?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You need a good quaiity engine oil like AMSOIL which give the Best Protection and Best Overall Performance.

Not all engine oils have the quality to last more than 10,000km.

Below are a list of engine oil that can last more than 10,000km.

1) AMSOIL All Series: Series 2k 0w30 /20w50.
5w40 is specially blend for Cont Cars.
ACEA C3-04
ACEA A3/B3-04
ACEA A3/B4-04
BMW LL-04

2) Mobil 1 0w40 Gold. Not the Silver 5w50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(4) Lastly, which oil do you guys use most for our weather?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You should look at engine oil that be used for your car rather than for our weather. Because an engine oil that is designed for our weather may not be suitable for your car.

Check your BMW engine oil SPEC in your owner manual

Check out this Carlube 0W30 Longlife Motor Oil 5L @ Carrefour @ $75 with Free Gift Pack.

Carlube Triple R 0W-30 advanced Technology oils for cars with modern petrol and diesel engines, reducing friction and wear, giving protection from cold start to high temperature driving. Fully Synthetic Engine Oil, developed to meet the demands of the latest cutting-edge requirements of modern engines

· Synthetic technology bonds to the engine surfaces, reducing friction.
· Provides improved fuel economy and reduced emissions.
· Viscosity maintained from extreme cold start to high temperature engine use.
· Developed to be used in high output modern supercharged and turbocharged engines
· Specification API SL/CF, ACEA A3, B3, B4
· Meets the requirements of VW503.01, 502.00, 505.00, MB229.3, Porsche and BMW Longlife

Suitable for use in Modern: BMW, Mini, Mercedes, VW, Audi, Skoda, Land Rover, Honda, Peugeot, Renault, Vauxhall, Jaguar, Daimler.

http://serv4.imagehigh.com/view.php?id=3590605_Carlube 33.jpg&path=/imgs

http://serv1.imagehigh.com/view.php?id=32425_P1010586.JPG&path=//imgs/ih000001

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iqlancesolutions
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back