Mods for F34 - 3GT

het

I have to admit tis is a non-mainstream car. Nonetheless , drivers like me definitely appreciate the space n features that comes wit it. Just wana start a thread to list down the limited mods tats available for our ride ....so here goes;

1) BMW Fitted Lugguage Compartment Mat

Luv tis mat. I recently had hot water (the entire bottle) spilling out from my daughter's diaper bag that was placed in the boot, which was toppled while im driving...tis mat can really contain a small pond of water. Heng arh....

Part number for those interested

View attachment 66807View attachment 66808View attachment 66809

2) Bimshop Gloss Black Grille

For the sard sard look.....

View attachment 66810View attachment 66811View attachment 66812

3) BMW LED Door Projector

Very easy to DIY, the lens come in a set of 4....... For the Ah-Beng in you.....haha

View attachment 66813View attachment 66814View attachment 66815

4) Did a list of 're-programming' with Codewerx for a more enjoyable ride experience =)

5) Sport Pedals

zp8BqZS.jpg
QVIVXZY.jpg
5mk46XM.jpg

6) Installed BMW Advance Car Eye with Elebest yesterday.

wmCdQOM.jpg
cTT5mNq.jpg

Other bros whom have done mods to their F34 may also add on to this list =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Mods for F34 - 3GT

het;1114462 said:
3) BMW LED Door Projector
Nice. Can you please post back after few months on whether these fade? 3rd party ones fade after a while, logo/writting practically gone.

JuzMe;1114501 said:
Nice. Can you please post back after few months on whether these fade? 3rd party ones fade after a while, logo/writting practically gone.

Sure. Maybe tats y the lens come in set of 4.....so u can inter change....haha

Hi all,

I am not very active in the discussions/forums but I have been busily/actively trying to mod my F34 under the "influence" of bro het... Haha.

I will hijack bro het's thread to share what I have done to my F34 335i GT.

(1) Racing Stripes - alamak, form over substance first mah... :lol:
Done at Vinyl Dynamics

(2) Stainless steel M pedals
Ordered overseas from Pasco HK

(3) LED door projector lights - frivolous mod #1 :dance:
Bought from Eng Soon Auto

In Box:

Installed:

(4) LED door sills - frivolous mod #2 :dance:
Bought from Eng Soon Auto

Before: [anyone wants to buy the non-LED M performance door sills, let me know... Will sell cheap cheap]

After:

(5) change Foglights to H8 LED Kit 6000k
Done at Bimshop (a shout out to Steven for great job and educational services)

The orangy light is stock on the right side of pic.... On Left of pic is Steven's H8 warm white LEF kit 6000k.

(6) Supersprint Quad Exhaust
Done at Jeep CHEE

If you want to buy my stock exhaust... Let me ASAP cos the exhaust are still sitting at Jeep Chee for now

(7) As part of the quad exhaust mod, I didn't want to cut my stock M-Tech rear diffuser (thought was ugly to cut) so I had to source and ordered a carbon fiber rear diffuser/valance and got it shipped direct from China.

(8) other minor mods
(A)blue carbon fiber emblems
-bought from eBay. I didn't remove the existing emblems from the hood, rims cap, steering wheel... I just stuck them on top. Double protected now. Haha. The original boot emblem was too curved so these add one could not fit... I just left that one as intact.

(9) mods that you can't see.. But can feel! :chinese:

Done all at Codewerx (Shout out to Tony & his crew)

(A) all types of coding.... Auto folding mirrors upon locking, aircon colder, disable start/stop, closing of boot with button inside... Etc etc etc

(B) most importantly.... CodeWerX Stage 1 Power Engine DME ECU Tune for my N55 engine.
Base = 306 BHP, 400Nm Torque
Now = 382 BHP, 520Nm Torque (according to their info)

Pending mods:
(10). Carbon fiber & fiber glass Front lip spoiler for M Tech body kit
Unfortunately I didn't not install this one which I ordered from the China supplier... So I want to sell cheap cheap.... PM me and I will let u know how much. Will be good price lah, don't worry.

Will look like this when installed. It has the holes at back of lip, cut out to use the stock bolts in ur bumper but to really secure the front portion (to be kiasu/super safe).... You have to drill 5-7 smaller holes to affix to bottom of ur bumper. .. Plus a layer of silicon.to seal and prevent any air gaps when u drive fast-fast. Cannot see screws and silicon after install but it's up to individuals whether u want to it done.

I ordered another one which looks a bit more fierce... And hopefully easier to install... Now still waiting for the shipment from China. Will update and lost once I have received and installed it.

Cheers folks.... That's all for now on my F34.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not too sure about the stripes but rest of them are very nice mods.

JuzMe;1119668 said:
Not too sure about the stripes but rest of them are very nice mods.

Thank you :woottt::woottt::woottt::woottt:...
on the stripes.. like I said, form over substance. Vain owner so got vain car lor. :laughlik::smack:

Your illuminated door sill is nice :inlove:

actually I find the stripes pretty nice . looks like a "viper"!!

jetset_gecko;1119795 said:
Thank you :woottt::woottt::woottt::woottt:...
on the stripes.. like I said, form over substance. Vain owner so got vain car lor. :laughlik::smack:

Jason8822;1119808 said:
Your illuminated door sill is nice :inlove:

Thanks. It's actually quite easy to DIY install.
Just an FYI for those interested... It comes in a box of 2 sill plates for the front only. The box will have installation instructions but I just google on YouTube on vids for installation... The prying out of the original plates is made easy with a wooden wedge provided in the box. You can see it sticking out on the left of the pic I posted on top.
It is battery operated. On/off activated by 2 pieces of magnet provided in the box. The tricky part is on how to align the magnet properly to stick beneath your door. The YouTube videos were very helpful in this aspect.
If the magnet is aligned properly and touches contact point when door is closed, no light.
Once door open, contact between magnets broken, light comes on .... Think it stays on for 20 secs or so.
Yes, battery will eventually die off.... But it is suppose to last a long time. When necessary, just pry out the plate again and replace battery. It's those 3.5V flat battery's commonly available.

The guy At Eng Soon Auto was quite nice.... He took a quick look at my car's existing sill plate to confirm can be used in my F34 before selling them to me. The LED will comes in 2 designs... One with the words BMW (generic)... And the one I bought to match my M performance body kit etc...

Hope to see more LED illuminated Sills posts in future.... Have fun.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88quest

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back