More ERPs on the way!!!!

Re: More ERPs on the way!!!!

I wouldn't mind it as such, if the ERP levies collected actually went into road improvement works that we can all appreciate when driving, but, when I constantly have to avoid potholes and sinkholes and sections of broken bitumen, I really wonder why the ERP is there - I mean, it certainly isn't there to help solve traffic jams, and it seems that the money collected isn't there to help fix/maintain our roads either.

And by the way, with all the construction, MRT tunnel digging, heavy vehicles ploughing and plying and bullying on the roads, is it any wonder that average vehicular speed has come down? And how is that in anyway going to be solved by upping the number of ERP gantries or upping the ERP charges? You mean the MRT tunneling will immediately stop the minute they erect another ERP gantry? And that the cement trucks and the dump trucks will miraculously find a slip road to use?

Seriously, what kind of retards are we feeding in the "scholar" ranks!?

wobbles;991758 said:
I wouldn't mind it as such, if the ERP levies collected actually went into road improvement works that we can all appreciate when driving, but, when I constantly have to avoid potholes and sinkholes and sections of broken bitumen, I really wonder why the ERP is there - I mean, it certainly isn't there to help solve traffic jams, and it seems that the money collected isn't there to help fix/maintain our roads either.

And by the way, with all the construction, MRT tunnel digging, heavy vehicles ploughing and plying and bullying on the roads, is it any wonder that average vehicular speed has come down? And how is that in anyway going to be solved by upping the number of ERP gantries or upping the ERP charges? You mean the MRT tunneling will immediately stop the minute they erect another ERP gantry? And that the cement trucks and the dump trucks will miraculously find a slip road to use?

Seriously, what kind of retards are we feeding in the "scholar" ranks!?

Ignoring the problem of road hogging and blowing up the problem on low average speed on highway makes the scholar look like a fool. Which is the easier way out? Erect ERP!!!

Red_Bean_Bun;991732 said:
Wait till a scholar comes out with ..... how much time your car spends on the road. And that is defined as how long is your car's tyre in contact with the road.
I think if those distance sh!t come into action its gonna be a bit too much.
So they expect us to buy car and park. Try not to use too much? So if need to see customer, better to walk over la.. LOL

Our million dollar ministar sop method of "solving" problem is to charge us miliion dollars. This applies not just to transportation.

minister problem solving 101 is no $$ no talk

hoks;991886 said:
Our million dollar ministar sop method of "solving" problem is to charge us miliion dollars. This applies not just to transportation.

Time to migrate... singapore getting to exp to live. If government dont appreciate the citizens, time to get them to wake up and let them depend on the foreign talents

Williammm;991877 said:
I think if those distance sh!t come into action its gonna be a bit too much.....

wt_know;991662 said:
no worries mate, more to come

ERP2.jpg
That is when ERP-II comes online.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baby1M;992206 said:
That is when ERP-II comes online.

Distance based ERP will be the last straw for many. Can you imagine someone who stays in Loyang and works in Tengah? He/she doesn't even pass through the busy roads but yet he will travel further and pay much more than someone who stays in Kallang and works in CBD. UTTER RUBBISH!!!!!!

When that day comes no need TP anymore ...... If they can tell how far you travelled - it means they know how fast you travelled.

Travelled 51 kph on a 50kph road ? Get you love letter straight away.

Very ... very easy for a scholar to justify the returns on investment for this one.

Then TPs don't need to stay in bushes anymore ......

seanskye;992270 said:
Distance based ERP will be the last straw for many. Can you imagine someone who stays in Loyang and works in Tengah? He/she doesn't even pass through the busy roads but yet he will travel further and pay much more than someone who stays in Kallang and works in CBD. UTTER RUBBISH!!!!!!

Red_Bean_Bun;992297 said:
When that day comes no need TP anymore ...... If they can tell how far you travelled - it means they know how fast you travelled.

Travelled 51 kph on a 50kph road ? Get you love letter straight away.

Very ... very easy for a scholar to justify the returns on investment for this one.

Then TPs don't need to stay in bushes anymore ......

When that happens, I hope those TPs get myopia looking at the computer screens!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet77ceo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back