Morning Drive + Breakfast - 21 Jan 2007(Sun)

Morning Drive + Breakfast - 21 Jan 2007(Sun)

• Prata at Casuarina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Picnic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Morning Drive + Breakfast - 21 Jan 2007(Sun)

UPDATE AGAIN!!

[SIZE=+0]I have done some reccee to the route and realised that the route is way too short in order to enjoy the drive. I have decided to change the route slightly and we will have our breakfast at Railway Mall instead, there are a few shops there, i believe it can cater to all.

Meeting Date & Time: 21 Jan 2007(Sun) @ 6:15AM (Move off at 630AM)
Meeting Place: Kallang Mac
Breakfast Place: Railway Mall along Upp Bukit Timah Road

A few things to take note:

1. We will meet at 6:15AM @ Kallang Mac and move off at 6:30AM sharp(no waiting). Those who are late will have to join the convoy half way. Give me a call and i will tell you our location.

2. The route for this morning drive is Kallang -> ECP -> TPE -> Exit Punggol Road to punggol jetty for sunrise -> TPE -> SLE -> KJE -> BKE -> Exit Woodlands Road -> Railway Mall for breakfast.

3. The convoy leader will be Axl, convoy sweepers will be TripleM & 33 and convoy helper + video/camera car will be Bmer.

4. There are some danger points to take note:
a) The traffic light outside Kallang Mac going towards ECP, drive slow, don't fast and furious trying to merge, if convoy breaks, we will slow down at ECP to rejoin the convoy.
b) The road to Punggol Jetty, at certain point the road is small and sharp, please be extreme careful. The first time I went there, i almost hit onto the center divider and you can actually see there were accidents happened there.
c) A lot of TPs along TPE and SLE, speed at your own risk.
d) Please try not to fast and furious, if you really think that you will fast and furious, please stay at the back of the convoy, let the newbies take the front of the convoy.
5. Those who have a pair of Walkie Talkies and don't mind sharing with those who don't have, please bring along your spare set...ya

6. Those who are going direct to the breakfast place, we should be there around 9AM. There is an open air carpark next to it.

7.. For those who needs morning call, pls PM me. I will give morning call at 5:30AM. Currently on my morning call list is Adsnx, Cec, Sting, Teck Heng, Xiaoshun, if you are not on my list, please PM me.

8. The drive will still proceed, even if it rains.

NameList
1. Babe [/SIZE]
02. MockngBrd (2 walkies)
03. axl
04. TripleM ( tentative )
05. xiaoshun - newbie :yummie: (2 walkies)
06. Puny
07. Chia6996
08. morphisis ( tentative )
09. kenntona
10. bmwF1(2 walkies)
11. Mixmaster
12. RaptureM3 - Alex - 2 pax
13. Xinni
14. Sinners
15. orh lulu (2 walkies)
16. 33
17. sting
18. carhartt
19. smoobies
20. Bobbytay27
21. Terry
22. adsnx - WTx2, MC-Yes
23. Cec
24. Alvin666 (2 walkies)
25. T6 (tentative)
26. Jin Teck
27. cgoh (tentative)
28. teckheng with girlfriend
29. gadaffi (tentative, 2 walkies)
30. Haze
31. Radon39 (tentative)
32. hcsiow (2walkies)
33.nicholastan91(friend driving)
34. Jedi R
35. nickleeson888.
36. SILVER (2 pax)
37. Keith M
38. Platinum
39. chickenbackside (1x Walkie)
40. FiftyFive (1 x Walkie)
41.SHAMELESS

I'M GOING!!!!!!!

louis;170658 said:
railway mall usually quite packed in the mornings as people go there for breakfast and there's also a church next door. there're even security people/ carpark wardens employed to direct traffic in front of the shops because of the crowd.

for super big carpark with some food nearby(nice or not i don't know), i suggest turf city, airport or good ole kallang macs

this newbie FULLY AGREE!

I'm really looking forward to the drive.

Am really surprised that there are so many cars going.

Any chance of re-considering the breakfast place - parking is definitely going to be nightmare.

:juggle:

SHAMELESS;170939 said:
UPDATE AGAIN!!

[SIZE=+0]I have done some reccee to the route and realised that the route is way too short in order to enjoy the drive. I have decided to change the route slightly and we will have our breakfast at Railway Mall instead, there are a few shops there, i believe it can cater to all.

Meeting Date & Time: 21 Jan 2007(Sun) @ 6:15AM (Move off at 630AM)
Meeting Place: Kallang Mac
Breakfast Place: Railway Mall along Upp Bukit Timah Road

A few things to take note:

1. We will meet at 6:15AM @ Kallang Mac and move off at 6:30AM sharp(no waiting). Those who are late will have to join the convoy half way. Give me a call and i will tell you our location.

2. The route for this morning drive is Kallang -> ECP -> TPE -> Exit Punggol Road to punggol jetty for sunrise -> TPE -> SLE -> KJE -> BKE -> Exit Woodlands Road -> Railway Mall for breakfast.

3. The convoy leader will be Axl, convoy sweepers will be TripleM & 33 and convoy helper + video/camera car will be Bmer.

4. There are some danger points to take note:
a) The traffic light outside Kallang Mac going towards ECP, drive slow, don't fast and furious trying to merge, if convoy breaks, we will slow down at ECP to rejoin the convoy.
b) The road to Punggol Jetty, at certain point the road is small and sharp, please be extreme careful. The first time I went there, i almost hit onto the center divider and you can actually see there were accidents happened there.
c) A lot of TPs along TPE and SLE, speed at your own risk.
d) Please try not to fast and furious, if you really think that you will fast and furious, please stay at the back of the convoy, let the newbies take the front of the convoy.
5. Those who have a pair of Walkie Talkies and don't mind sharing with those who don't have, please bring along your spare set...ya

6. Those who are going direct to the breakfast place, we should be there around 9AM. There is an open air carpark next to it.

7.. For those who needs morning call, pls PM me. I will give morning call at 5:30AM. Currently on my morning call list is Adsnx, Cec, Sting, Teck Heng, Xiaoshun, if you are not on my list, please PM me.

8. The drive will still proceed, even if it rains.

NameList
1. Babe [/SIZE]
03. axl
06. Puny
07. Chia6996
09. kenntona
10. bmwF1(2 walkies)
11. Mixmaster
13. Xinni
14. Sinners
15. orh lulu (2 walkies)
16. 33
17. sting
18. carhartt
19. smoobies
20. Bobbytay27
21. Terry
22. adsnx - WTx2, MC-Yes
23. Cec
24. Alvin666 (2 walkies)
25. T6 (tentative)
26. Jin Teck
27. cgoh (tentative)
30. Haze
31. Radon39 (tentative)
32. hcsiow (2walkies)
34. Jedi R
35. nickleeson888.
36. SILVER (2 pax)
37. Keith M
38. Platinum
41.SHAMELESS
42. Dave (2+1)
43. Shaaz 39
I'M GOING!!!!!!!
Should be able to make it.

NameList
1. Babe

03. axl
06. Puny
07. Chia6996
09. kenntona
10. bmwF1(2 walkies)
11. Mixmaster
13. Xinni
14. Sinners
15. orh lulu (2 walkies)
16. 33
17. sting
18. carhartt
19. smoobies
20. Bobbytay27
21. Terry
22. adsnx - WTx2, MC-Yes
23. Cec
24. Alvin666 (2 walkies)
25. T6 (tentative)
26. Jin Teck
27. cgoh (tentative)
30. Haze
31. Radon39 (tentative)
32. hcsiow (2walkies)
34. Jedi R
35. nickleeson888.
36. SILVER (2 pax)
37. Keith M
38. Platinum
41.SHAMELESS
42. Dave (2+1)
43. Shaaz 39
44. racingaprilia (2pax)

nickleeson888;170940 said:
this newbie FULLY AGREE!

Any chance of re-considering the breakfast place - parking is definitely going to be nightmare.

if railway way mall parking is an issue.. there is an alternative to the breakfast place which is the row of shops opp beauty world.. parking is big and i believe there are foods there.. anyone lives near there to confirm whether the shops open early morning and wat are the food varieties?

guys, i understand that the breakfast location kept changing, but due to the no of cars and ppl going, it is really tough to organise a place for so many ppl to sit in and so many cars to park. So do hope u can understand, i am trying my best ya...

teckheng;170974 said:
AutoBacs near the railway mall right ?

u're right.. quite near there..

babe;170983 said:
if railway way mall parking is an issue.. there is an alternative to the breakfast place which is the row of shops opp beauty world.. parking is big and i believe there are foods there.. anyone lives near there to confirm whether the shops open early morning and wat are the food varieties?

Only roughly know the food varieties:malay/indian food,chicken/duck rice,korean,"zhu cao"..

louis;170658 said:
railway mall usually quite packed in the mornings as people go there for breakfast and there's also a church next door. there're even security people/ carpark wardens employed to direct traffic in front of the shops because of the crowd.

for super big carpark with some food nearby(nice or not i don't know), i suggest turf city, airport or good ole kallang macs

nickleeson888;170940 said:
this newbie FULLY AGREE!

Hi guys, lets not stress the admin anymore by giving further suggestions. It is already Friday and no actual breakfast venue have been decided yet. Lets just stay put with the original routes and plans, since Admin have already recce the place.

I am sure Admin have back up plans after hearing to all your good suggestions so just trust them loh. if babe makes mistake, we will have free pratas mah...tio boh, babe :nehnehhh: :nehnehhh:

Like you guys said, there are so many cars, so much co-ordination to be done and it will be a nightmare. So let's not add to their nightmare and we just enjoy the drive. :)

teckheng;170974 said:
AutoBacs near the railway mall right ?

yupz, you are right...

33;171012 said:
Hi guys, lets not stress the admin anymore by giving further suggestions. It is already Friday and no actual breakfast venue have been decided yet. Lets just stay put with the original routes and plans, since Admin have already recce the place.

I am sure Admin have back up plans after hearing to all your good suggestions so just trust them loh. if babe makes mistake, we will have free pratas mah...tio boh, babe :nehnehhh: :nehnehhh:

Like you guys said, there are so many cars, so much co-ordination to be done and it will be a nightmare. So let's not add to their nightmare and we just enjoy the drive. :)

agreed with u.. lets us enjoy, no matter rain or shine.. Drive safely.

so ideal wanna free prata.. [no comment] :p

33;171012 said:

Like you guys said, there are so many cars, so much co-ordination to be done and it will be a nightmare. So let's not add to their nightmare and we just enjoy the drive. ..

Thanks Alex....so nice of u to voice up and ask for free prata.. U good... hahaha...

yup.. we will stick to the original plan and route.. and I will let the leaders and sweepers know on the day about my back up plan depending on the condition of the day.

For those who go directly to the breakfast place, please give me a call before heading down, i will then let you know the actual breakfast location.

Due to such a large group of people going and so many cars involved, I am going to have 2 convoys. We will move out as 1 convoy but at times, will break into 2 convoys. First convoy leads by Axl and sweeps by 33, Second Convoy leads by Kenntona and sweeps by TripleM.. Convoy helper will still be Bmer doing the reccee on that day.

So let us enjoy the drive and let the convoy leaders do the leading... :)

babe;171020 said:
Thanks Alex....so nice of u to voice up and ask for free prata.. U good... hahaha...

actually, i thot my prata is free liao since i voice up for you??? FYI, you owe me, ar orh, jack, ken...pratas!!!!! and milo dinosaur...:nehnehhh: :nehnehhh: :nehnehhh:

Okay pple, Babe has organised quite a big event and we, the Admin group, are very happy to see such a good response from the Forum. I trust that everyone will enjoy the nice drive and food on Sunday.

On a serious note, we have, tentatively, 40+ cars going on this drive, hence the need for walkies and convoy leaders and sweepers for SAFETY sake.

Just something to take note of:

1. Convoy leaders and sweepers will be made known to everyone before the start of the drive.

2. Once u are out on the road, do NOT overtake the car in front of u unless he/she signals u to do so.

3. Fast and furious driving is definitely a serious No-No. Please think of others before yourself especially when its such a big convoy. Offenders will be noted. If need be, offenders will not be invited for any future drives, due to the safety of the rest of the forum members taking part.

Alrighty then, enjoy yourselves on Sunday morning. I may take part as an observer so if you see my car, SDT9192S, moving up and down, alongside, the convoy, please do not follow me, curse, swear or throw things at me. :) I'll try to take photos as we go along.

See you on Sunday morning!

Sam

yeap yeap.... i throw tissue paper at u :p

I think also as this thread is in a public folder with the route all out for all to see, it's even MORE important we keep to safe (& legal) speed limits during the drive. U'll never know who'll be reading this thread.

Keep it safe ya'll (i alsho wanto take photo wor)

Haze;170585 said:
AH!!! Why ain't u going anymore... Still planning to ask you for mahjong before we head for drive... Haiz...

Did I hear mahjong before drive? :cloud9: What a great idea then don't need wake up call from babe :)

My skill level is at social playing only and haven't play for a while. So, if you don't mind my speed and still missing 1 kaki, do PM me. Btw, what is your usual stake like?

Cec

Guys/Gals, lets keep the idle chit-chat off this thread as this event is getting closer to the date and we want all members to read the relevant and important information. Thank you.

ok.. since all of us are going to wake up so early on sunday to enjoy the drive.. i am going to add in some interesting roads to the route..

Confirmed Route: Kallang -> ECP -> TPE -> Exit Punggol Road to punggol jetty for sunrise -> TPE -> Exit Jalan Kayu to Seletar Camp -> Seletar Dam via Seletar Camp -> Upper Thomson Road -> SLE -> KJE -> BKE -> Exit Woodlands Road -> Railway Mall for breakfast.

Convoy leaders: Pls take note that the roads toward both Punggol Jetty and Seletar Dam are very small and sharp and got humps.. so lead slow..

:)

I am a night eater from used to live Woodlands, travel to Yishun and to Jalan Kayu's pratas.

Seletar Dam - early morning alot of ahpek and ahpor go there brisk walking. Slow speed is the only choice.

Jalan Kaya to Seletar Dam is SINGLE LANE, 2 way traffic.
Yes, very sharp and potholes might be expected. Last visit there was 1year + ago and saw 1 pothole in the lane towards Jalan Kaya from Seletar Dam, not sure if the holes increase.

PS: need a place to makan + big parking in the north ? Old Woodlands Centre have a big open space carpark, but the hawker I have totally no idea what you guys expecting. If it's fishball noodles, fried bee-hoon or laska with no aircon, oily floor tiles, that's the place.
Only problem will crash that day if you guys pick this location... will be chances there is alot of Malaysia Bus in the carpark with workers going back JB, or a MASSIVE JAM + our outing = SUPER MASSIVE JAM. But it's Sunday, might be no workers, and everyone is already in JB and trying to get back in Singapore for work. Then again it's early morning. Anyone know what I trying to said ? I blur also...

teckheng;171051 said:
Yes, very sharp and potholes might be expected. Last visit there was 1year + ago and saw 1 pothole in the lane towards Jalan Kaya from Seletar Dam, not sure if the holes increase.

blasted thru 2weeks ago late nite.. roads seem pretty good to mi :)
but i guess as always, be cautious

the e90 group had done one night drive there few months back.. road is fine, but a few humps need to take note..thats all... so drive slow will be fine...

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back