MOT: We do not necessarily look at the lowest tenderer, we also look at quality.....

ac323

Staff member
Associate Professor Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim, who is Parliamentary Secretary for Transport, said the ministry also considers quality, not just the lowest cost, when selecting a tender.

Associate Professor Faishal was responding to a question on whether the Transport Ministry makes a calculation of how much a project costs before calling for tenders for infrastructure projects.

MP for Holland-Bukit Timah GRC, Christopher de Souza, said this would avoid pressuring subcontractors' fees, especially if a project could not be realistically done at a lower figure.

Associate Professor Faishal said: "Even before we call for tender, we make sure we assess the project accurately, and we go stages by stages. And wherever possible, we meet the tenderers to discuss on the cost estimates per se.

"We do not necessarily look at the lowest tenderer, we also look at quality. We'll also look at how realistically the project can be implemented or completed.

"In fact, prior to looking at all the cost estimates, we work very closely with the market, the industry to ensure that our cost estimates are accurately provided."

Re: MOT: We do not necessarily look at the lowest tenderer, we also look at quality..

Quality MRT cable ties !!!

Quality SingTel coverage too !!!

And definitely quality local roads, though my coilovers disagree.

Re: MOT: We do not necessarily look at the lowest tenderer, we also look at quality..

Above is quality post.

kenntona;922892 said:
Quality MRT cable ties !!!

Quality SingTel coverage too !!!

And definitely quality local roads, though my coilovers disagree.

All i know is our ERP system is of military standards. Almost never breakdown one.

the word is "consider". meaning its an option they can excercise - maybe to look at quality.

ac323;922886 said:
"In fact, prior to looking at all the cost estimates, we work very closely with the market, the industry to ensure that our cost estimates are accurately provided."

lol....didn't they recently announced they brew the budget by $8 billion.

Dinosaur hunter;922948 said:
All i know is our ERP system is of military standards. Almost never breakdown one.

Agreed. Have never seen one break down in my life. You said almost, meaning you've seen a faulty ERP before?

Dinosaur hunter;922948 said:

+1 , usually only the in-car ERP device always down, need go inspection and pay the bill.

Lionel89;923053 said:
Agreed. Have never seen one break down in my life. You said almost, meaning you've seen a faulty ERP before?

Yes, once on CTE but could not remember when was it.

Wait a minute. So, blow out budget = because they look for quality, not the lowest tender. Brompton bikes also = quality. What about YOG? Quality also?

Everytime budget blow sky high = quality.

Where's the accountability then?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88network
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back