My BMW Badge came off!!!

jaskin

Legendary 10 Years
This takes the icing on the cake. Look how filmsly the BMW badge is built.
Now I've got to change my badge, argh.

Re: My BMW Badge came off!!!

Jason,

Use epoxy resin to stick it back. It will be stuck there for a lifetime! Coat the underside with a thin film. You can get them in the DIY store!

Might be a good time to change to a carbon fibre or black/white version.

Don't really know hot to appreciate the CF look. This is one thing I like to keep OEM on my ride.

Yeah it did. I think the water was caught between the film and the badge. So when it heated up the glue just came off. But I mean it should come off so easily.

maybe u wash your car too much ! whahahaha....

hur hur, the only part that wasn't coated with Meg #21 peeled off.....

anyway, i got a minor heart attack yesterday when i unpeeled my film too. there were craters and puckering of the paintwork that wouldn't disappear with rubbing or polishing. i was already prepared to respray my bonnet or look for a CF replacement but this morning, the craters had settled and my paint was back to normal again.... anyone who used this film experienced this before?

totoseow said:
u drive too fast mate....thats why.

Either that or his car is actually a convert from KIA Cerato to E46.:lol2:

louis said:
hur hur, the only part that wasn't coated with Meg #21 peeled off.....

anyway, i got a minor heart attack yesterday when i unpeeled my film too. there were craters and puckering of the paintwork that wouldn't disappear with rubbing or polishing. i was already prepared to respray my bonnet or look for a CF replacement but this morning, the craters had settled and my paint was back to normal again.... anyone who used this film experienced this before?

Good to hear that everything is ok. Mine peeled off without any hitches. But I did apply some soapy water before I sticked the plastic on. maybe that did the trick?

bought a epoxt glue set and got it back on. Thanks for the offer! Might just bought a new run in the future.

i applied soapy water too... dunno what happened... maybe you didn't experience the puckering coz you only applied to the front part of your bonnet but i was too kiasu and applied all the way beyond the windscreen spray nozzles

anyway, my car has gone for a full grooming and another coat of Meg #21 and all's well again; except for the itch to buy BBKs and the CF hood...

Me too last the top layer of my front badge totally. Probably lying somewhere along the NS muahahah. Maybe I shd juz save money and draw "BMW" on the existing second layer keke.

I had the same problem too on my E39! Wasn't sure if it was stolen but after reading a few thread before, I am convinced it has to do with quality rather than prankers artwork! Fortunately, it happend few days before I took delivery of my E60!
:juggle:

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back