My E36 DIY Polishing

Re: My E36 DIY Polishing

jawzsg;153140 said:
Anyway, this year subscription is really wasted as I have not made a single polish to date. .. opps.. $480 down the drain liao.

er, not my company's package right? i don't remember a white e36 in my customer database...

anyway,whichever company's package, don't waste la, go for a session and let them wash your rims also worth it mah. besides, CNY coming soon, so pay liao might as well use.

lastly, car grooming is basically a service, you must find a groomer whom you trust and are comfortable with, much like how you would choose a hair stylist. if you trust the company, then issues of not polishing properly after the first session etc shouldn't arise.

i started out as a customer as well and in the end, i was so satisfied with the work and trusted my car groomer so much that i invested in the company and became a partner. sometimes, car groomers are also detailing and car enthusiasts too; not every company is out to cheat your money.

sszone,

Just in case you find the 100w insufficient still for bigger machines, you may wish to find those convertors that are rated at up to 400w. Homefix sells these for around $200, big unit but looks really good and will probably last forever. keke :)

Cheers,
Alvin.

100w is more than enough plus the adaptor is small and easy to keep.

as for the issue of diy-ing, it just boils down to the individual. some ppl who are more cheapskate like me prefer to get more bang for our buck...hehe.....i like to do alot of diy for my car...hehe.....the hands-on feeling is great, provided i have the time. i changed my lights on my own, took apart my lights to really wash it.....yup the whole freaking light cover. changed my wipers, side protectors....touch up my own chips....still very basic stuff..
i'm not loaded anyway plus my car got abt 5 yrs left, might as well save some money and learn something at the same time.

i used to let my fren to do the polishing for my car but somehow the quality keeps coming down....i guess its due to the turnover of his staff.....
as for signing of packages, its value for money vs consistency
my best advice is ask a few frens who got good groomers to recommend, u might come across one highly recommended by a few. lastly, dun pressurised to sign the packages if they ever push u.....at the end of the day, remind yourself u are the one paying.

just got myself a detailer to add on to my arsenal of polishing stuff...hehe.....shhhh....dun let my wifey hear...wait she will nag nag nag again....haha

jawzsg;153140 said:
Anyway, this year subscription is really wasted as I have not made a single polish to date. .. opps.. $480 down the drain liao. Anyway paintwork chipping off everywhere so no mood to do anything. Guess I need to budget for a paint job quite soon.

Errrr u can always "share" your subscription with us what..............why waste it????? ha ha

sszone;153212 said:
most groomers packages not transferable...could try switching number plates....hehe

I bought a new car ......... so how?? next week, yeah lah, some b#$@#^% bane me now got to get another car.......... ah yah,, damm suay man......... ha ha ha

depends, some polishers are flexible enough while some aren't.
anyway, some are ok as long as the car difference is not too big.....like 3 series versus 7 series or freaking big SUV.

sszone;153235 said:
depends, some polishers are flexible enough while some aren't.
anyway, some are ok as long as the car difference is not too big.....like 3 series versus 7 series or freaking big SUV.

Hey some SUV's damm small ok .......................but true most of the time I reckon you are refering to the Fortuner........., what I would do is to try combine 2 polish into one for a bigga car........

Wah.. kekkeeke.. I just subscribed to those makeshift groomers found inside shopping mall car park lah..e.g. Jurong Point and previously Tampines Mall. I use to frequent the one at TM but they dissappeared about 2 years back. Then thinking that JP is near my office perhaps I can still go visit but after renewal, only visited once. Work so so coz I didn't bother too much. On my last renewal, i promise myself that i will make good use of it but well, I almost forgot about it as well. I don't think I'm gonna renew anymore lor. Anyway, the card got car number embossed on it.

the makeshift guys actually do quite a good job......i tried the ones at bugis kuanyin temple hdb carpark adn the rochor one.
now i only go for car washes, the one at geylang lor 19...something like a rehab facilty to help previous offenders back into society.
the guys do quite a good job and since i need to spend the money anyway, might as well do my part, not really say help them....it just giving them a chance to merge back into society and hey, they wash real well, better than the geylang shell station snow wash.

I was at the Bishan one and the guy came up to me to try sell me the package. I told him I can't afford his price and in anycase my car is an old car (trying to be polite). He ran his hand on the paint and he said that I need to do it to keep the paint job. Shit I just DIY my car body a couple of days before......... either my DIY is shits or he is a shity con man...........

shitty con man....thats for sure
i had alot of salesguys feeling up my paint job and coming up with that same line dunno how many times liao...haha
just take it with a pinch of salt loh...hehe

Hi, SSzone

Do you all try Zaino or Klasse? This is a silicon based product which is more lasting comparing to wax. Some more, car with dark colour paint will looking more deep and shiny after applying it.

Lastly, the DIY is very easy comparing to traditional waxing.

sszone;153516 said:
shitty con man....thats for sure
i had alot of salesguys feeling up my paint job and coming up with that same line dunno how many times liao...haha
just take it with a pinch of salt loh...hehe

sszone;153554 said:
hey bro, i been trying to find klasse leh....u know where i can get it?

Hi ! sszone.

You can puchase Klasse Products from Authorise Distributor in Singapore.
51 Bukit Batok Crescent
#01-05 UNITY CENTRE S(658077)
Person to contact: Mr Eric
HP: 98488224
KlasseSG - The Preferred Car Shine Kit
They do offer car polish for both in-house as well as mobile grooming service.

You may consider to buy the starter kit at S$19.90 (100ml for both AIO + HGSG) to test whether you like this product before invest in those 500ml (AIO and HGSG).

I am a happy user of Klasse products :)

Cheers !

Ben.

klasse.jpg

thanks!!! finally got down to call Eric yesterday.
was a last minute thing cos i was stuck in office afternoon, had to rush down to pick it up

got my Klasse!!!! :nehnehhh:
2 bottles of 500ml, the all-in-one and the sealant

but alas i was stuck at my client's place today....yup...on a sunday
gonna strip off my current polishing job and redo with Klasse.....hehehe :screwedu:

So when r u doing the polishing ? We can have a mini gathering to see how u turn your car into really a shiny black beauty ? :)

Hi ! sszone.

Great ! Please review after you have detailed your car :)

Remember to clay your car before applying the AIO.

As for the SG, please apply a thin layer (Less is More theory).
Please allow it to cure for at least 12 Hours before you decide to add another layer :)
After you have layered 2 to 3 coats, you can apply Carnauba Wax to pop-up the shine.
But then you cannot apply SG on-top of Carnauba Wax because it will not bond.

Have you have a chance to try the Finish Kare 425 Quick Detailer?

Cheers !

hi guys,

sorry for the delay. been busy with working recently.
finally managed to use Klasse on my black mistress.
just a fast wash-dry-klasse aio-klasse sealant under an hr cos need to pick up my wife.
did that all at my frenly multi-storey carpark wash bay last nite.....but only managed to take some pics this morning.

here's some pics...and yup yup with the new rims for my black mistress...hia hia :evil:

klasse_side.JPG

klassefront.JPG

klassetop.JPG

appreciate your comments :cloud9:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debettaxi