My F30 Mod today

Re: My F30 Mod today

mercuryz;1112165 said:
I added this "mod" (some will say its a de-mod!) but I hate door dings more than anything so I'm luvin it :inlove:

View attachment 66494

No offence but door dings are generally caused by others, so I cant really fathom how are these strips gona to help......

Thanks man, my neighbors were wondering why this guy squat there and cover the car with masking tape for over an hour. The installation instructions were quite straightforward but the recommended height was too low, I had to adjust a few times before I found the optimal height for the strips to be.

zz1248;1112214 said:
looks like you installed it very well leh

The manufacturer is called Dawn Enterprises they have a few re-sellers. Not local though have to use a intermediary to ship.

5now5torm;1112241 said:
bro where did u get it from?

None taken, but they do help though. My E46 had door moldings also, through the 4 years I had it hardly a dent but the molding kanna deep gashes from people who anyhow open their doors. For this one I parked another car next to mine to test the height and at that level the plastic takes the hit instead of metal which prevents dings in most cases (except really high vehicles and rear passenger doors).

het;1112255 said:
No offence but door dings are generally caused by others, so I cant really fathom how are these strips gona to help......

bro mecury, very hard to siam door slams one! different car doors have different height..siannn

I think u need at least 3 of those protectors at 3 different height lvl..haha

Haha, im the same rayoflight from MCF!

Hey Bro Ray, nice to see you here too :)

Haha at this rate the door will be made of protectors, okay lah protect against most sedans anything else have to take chance.

rayoflight;1112425 said:
bro mecury, very hard to siam door slams one! different car doors have different height..siannn

I think u need at least 3 of those protectors at 3 different height lvl..haha

Haha, im the same rayoflight from MCF!

TGIF bimmers....

did some fine tuning and went for another dyno test yesterday. couldn't find dynojet so had to settle for dyno dynamics, also known as the ego killer. the numbers on dyno dynamics will be lower than dynojet.

F30 328i Y2014, Black on Red + JB4 Stage 2
Dyno Dynamicss @ Rev Engineering, Jakarta

Aja_Dk_Nez_LCc_QOo_Rmr_E7_Fp_Nf_RJut_OE6_Kz_Wczt5_YIm_VOYh.jpg

car sitting on dyno dynamics rollers and getting ready to be strapped in

we tried several runs on Map 1 followed by Map 7.

let the numbers speak for itself

Ah_V7_LSla1hjt_Uu_AJ_Fwyq_Pr0_LK22_NJff_ORDt_NUqz_PB3.jpg

Ao6_TCQSFLDYV8_NTZ6_JH_k_AGEMt27_Bm_T9jb_XE6v_RLD10p.jpg

POWER : 341.1 bhp
TORQUE : 464.8 Nm

for those who's interested to see more data, here are the csv files

Map 1
Wikisend: free file sharing service

Map 7

and my impression - holy cow!! driving on sport mode, the launch is aggressive. it jumps as soon as you hit the throttle. the car feels responsive and so much fun to drive now.

cheers everyone...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ffl

Hi guys,

Im in the midst of deciding to chip up my 316i. There are a few choices nowadays and i've narrowed it down to:

Racechip or Codewerx.

Racechip Ultimate - simple plug and play tunebox ($9xx)

Codewerx - RBB bro offers some additional services like tuning of sport transmission + upgrade of charge pipe. ($19xx)

Of course to do it 1 time swee, Codewerx package is like all-in (Tunebox + Sport Transmission + upgrade of Charge pipe).

If you guys were to upgrade, which will you go for? I just wish to know is there any significant gains between Racechip and Codewerx package for the price difference.

egg2;1090033 said:
Dispite the many well wishes, did not strike grp1 toto so bo lui buay f80.
Left over pocket money could only afford limited M stripes:

Nex week more pocket money then continue M wording!
Hi bro, your rear CF trunk spoiler seems to be higher than normal. where did you get it from? Do you have full photo of your rear? :)

TGIF bimmers....

did some fine tuning and went for another dyno test yesterday. couldn't find dynojet so had to settle for dyno dynamics, also known as the ego killer. the numbers on dyno dynamics will be lower than dynojet.

Map 1

Map 7

and my impression - holy cow!! driving on sport mode, the launch is aggressive. it jumps as soon as you hit the throttle. the car feels responsive and so much fun to drive now.

cheers everyone...

Wow! This is a great 328i! Surpass 335i in power and torque. What's your acceleration timing?

TGIF bimmers....

Map 1

Map 7

cheers everyone...

Hi tongting, how's the GSR tunes been? Believe u were trying to get them into indon and also customers in South east asia?

Anyway, just my 2 cents worth... Dynos are worthless if they do not provide a comparison with the base run. Your dyno could be easily over reading lots on base run already. Meaning it might be reading 280bhp when the car is 241 on paper...

Steal post.
I'm letting go my original 17" wheel style is 392 plus S001 RFT, 225/50/17. Running mileage is < 6,000km. Interested to buy or swop, pls PM me.

hi bros, can kindly share where to get the jb4 tuning kit?
seems like most local sellers have stopped retail when i check. thanks in advnace

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back