My ICE set up

Re: My ICE set up

Can someone please advise why it is necessary to keep the original BMW Business HU even though you are installing an aftermarket HU?

Chagrin;638437 said:
Can someone please advise why it is necessary to keep the original BMW Business HU even though you are installing an aftermarket HU?

1. you won't get a decent price by off-loading your stock HU

2. there's an option for you to revert to stock one day.

inergen;659917 said:
1. you won't get a decent price by off-loading your stock HU

2. there's an option for you to revert to stock one day.

I meant why do people have the original HU hooked up additionally, even though they have installed the aftermarket HU.
I heard that PML needs to original HU for software updates etc? (though for the life of me, I don't see why)

Chagrin;659967 said:
I meant why do people have the original HU hooked up additionally, even though they have installed the aftermarket HU.
I heard that PML needs to original HU for software updates etc? (though for the life of me, I don't see why)

Bragging right? I got 2, you got 1... :smack:

Chagrin;659967 said:
Some is because the reverse sensors sound is integrated into your stock HU, that's why retaining the original HU.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fb88land
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back