looks awesome...nice colour...

C3P0;410646 said:
Nice rims. Look fierce!

///M3;410685 said:
woah 20"...sick

JuzMe;410689 said:
Nice! It'll be perfect after you install those BBK :yummie:

Azrielsc;410698 said:
Those are some big-ass rims! Nice & congrats!

Many thanks guys. Appreciate your comments. Guess gunmetal's the right choice from your esteemed opinions. You should have a look at the rim colour "in the skin", the photos don't do it justice. BBKs on the way!

kuvesh;410684 said:
20"s... i'm jealous...

looks real good. nice choice.

btw, what is the weight?

Tirerack says they're heavy at 27.5 lb (12.5 kg) and 31.0 lb (14.0 kg). 20"s are always heavier, can't have both looks and light weight unfortunately. Can't beat your Advan RS for performance Kuvesh!

Deadkookaburra;410712 said:
look at your rear carefully...the tyres are really stretched. you should have gone with 285 or more instead.

Was told that 275s are appropriate for 10" rims (and 285s may rub). Appreciate input from other forummers on their 10" rims. Did I get it wrong?

Re: My new rims Breyton Race GTS 20"

JuzMe;410690 said:
Oh, let us know after you run them in a bit. Wondering how 20" are on Singapore road.

totoseow;410721 said:
think 19 inches r the biggest one shud go for 3s...20 looks oversize....bit buay balance. but color of rims nice..easy to clean

JuzMe and Totoseow

Been using 20s for almost a year now on my 335 and so far highway driving and SG roads have been excellent and a non-issue, even the humps. Have not driven to JB or KL though and do not intend to try!

The "change" going to 20s (from 19s) is like going from 18s to 19s if you get what I mean.

Sounds like 20" the way to go :)

your wheels look pretty to me,but i can see your nut so badly rust especially the i think is rim lock,didnt you got new screws for the rim? i thot they come with new screw when you buy the new rim?

20s cannot go 285 on the e92, 275 is the max on 19s or 20s. It will rub on the inner lining. I am surprised you are not facing rubbing issues on inside wheel well. Nice wheels.

I concur! 275s are just about right for 19x10 rims on our cars. I have ZERO rubbing issues with 275 on my 19x10 rear rims. Once u go 285s, u may not get rubbing problems on the fender side (outside) but may have rubbing problems on the inner fender! The wheel well for the E92 is not as deep as pple think!

roberttan;411105 said:
your wheels look pretty to me,but i can see your nut so badly rust especially the i think is rim lock,didnt you got new screws for the rim? i thot they come with new screw when you buy the new rim?

You must have bionic eyes to see the rust on my nuts (what did I just say?!@#$%) Anyway I used back my old nuts (?) and did not wipe dry the wheels after washing them so that explains the rusty look. I have the nice new shiny set of screws/nuts in a bag but didn't want the shiny silver look to contrast against the gunmetal wheels.

kenntona;411119 said:
20s cannot go 285 on the e92, 275 is the max on 19s or 20s. It will rub on the inner lining. I am surprised you are not facing rubbing issues on inside wheel well. Nice wheels.

Azrielsc;411145 said:
I concur! 275s are just about right for 19x10 rims on our cars. I have ZERO rubbing issues with 275 on my 19x10 rear rims. Once u go 285s, u may not get rubbing problems on the fender side (outside) but may have rubbing problems on the inner fender! The wheel well for the E92 is not as deep as pple think!

Ok looks like I'm fine thanks Ken and Sam. Actually my rears are already rolled and with four guys in the car and taking long windy turns, no rubbing at all.

Hahaha! Rusty nuts! :)

As long as u are not rubbing with a full load, its fine... (okay, that didn't come out right too...)

Azrielsc;411175 said:
Hahaha! Rusty nuts! :)

As long as u are not rubbing with a full load, its fine... (okay, that didn't come out right too...)

Haha! Good one Sam.

Must get a full load of girls the next time...maybe then...

some lowering would be perfect!
lowered to 1 finger gap front and 1/4 finger gap rear!

yes i was a sharp shooter in the Army, yep it looks nicer with the old black nuts
you can always change to new shining nut if you want in the future when you are sick of the old black nuts

tom_ting;411247 said:
some lowering would be perfect!
lowered to 1 finger gap front and 1/4 finger gap rear!

No no! no gaps between the fenders is PERFECTO! :)

Sam

The "slammed" look huh?

What's the minimum clearance I need between my front spoiler to the ground for Singapore roads and humps? Your views guys. I'm talking about your personal experiences from a practical perspective. Five fingers from the ground?

Jiunn Siong;411570 said:
Sam

The "slammed" look huh?

What's the minimum clearance I need between my front spoiler to the ground for Singapore roads and humps? Your views guys. I'm talking about your personal experiences from a practical perspective. Five fingers from the ground?

Good question!

I took some photos a couple of days ago with a cigarette pack borrowed from a friend to see how low it actually is.

IMG_4748.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

As u can see in the 1st photo, my front tire is slightly tucked and it is the same with the rear tires as well. Not that slammed though. Hehe!

Furthermore, u can see that my front splitters are scratched. I can't go onto a workshop car lift without 1st getting screamed at by the mechanic! :) He has to either use a small car jack to jack up the car before fitting the lift arms or place wooden planks for me to drive up on to before fitting the lift arms under.

I will scratch the bottom of the middle of the car, usually the frame, at the entrance of Taka's basement carpark, to give u an example.

Honestly, I cannot be bothered with the scratches because at the end of the day, I'll lift up the car and get some black spray paint and spray over it. That's the price u pay for being low! :)

If u can't bear with that, don't go so low. :)

Jiunn Siong said:
Jiunn Siong,

Front you are running M-Aero lip, max drop about one-pack cig in length. For sideskirts, you need not worry, cause you are not running Hamann, unlike me and Sam. In fact, given that you are running 20s, you should be less worried than us. I have to tune up the front to one-pack-length cause it scraps......

Star_Cover.jpg

Sam

Wow! Yours is devillishly low! Sweet! Assume you have to ask the boys to get out of the car when you drive into basement carparks.

Ken

Believe I'm closer to yours...two fingers from the tyre? Still nice and practical and I'd better keep to this in view of my next paragraph below.

Went to see Steven of sszone last night to get some CF splitters for my Aero front but was told none readily available in the market.

Anybody know where I can get CF splitters for my Aero front? Preferably a good quality replica.

Jiunn Siong said:
Ken

Believe I'm closer to yours...two fingers from the tyre? Still nice and practical and I'd better keep to this in view of my next paragraph below.
My front is one finger gap. It looks like two-fingers because I am running about 2 degrees camber.

Jiunn Siong said:
Anybody know where I can get CF splitters for my Aero front? Preferably a good quality replica.
M-Aero dun have. Splitters are available for M-Tech front bumper, stock bumper (Vorsteiner, Kerscher, Hamann), Hamann bumper........

kenntona;411621 said:
My front is one finger gap. It looks like two-fingers because I am running about 2 degrees camber.

M-Aero dun have. Splitters are available for M-Tech front bumper, stock bumper (Vorsteiner, Kerscher, Hamann), Hamann bumper........

Aaaargghhhhh!

Nope, no add on for ur m-aero front. Why? Cuz ur m-aero front is already an add-on, so technically, u cannot add another add-on on your add-on! :)

these rims are getting popular these days, saw one white 630 yesterday..quite nice when they r on the move...I still prefer the Breyton Race GT, very DTM look. There is one black 335 Lumna aero with such rims always parked at Millenia Walk..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubbeauty

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back