my review on the koni fsd and steel b/line

ho2786

Banned.
hi bros and sis'

installed my koni fsd and steel brake lines today

first i shall review the steel brake lines.

before : quite soft and mushy during soft braking.
after : firm and confident feel.machiam added brembo big brakes.very firm and powerful braking feeling.braking distance are definitely improved.IMHO these should be OEM in e90.

next my koni fsd.(with previously installed eibach pro kit springs)

before: some bodyroll during cornering,suspension very hard and unforgiving in rough roads.can be quite bumpy.
after:zero body roll during hard cornering,suspension still hard and firm but that is a feeling of better comfort(cant describe)when in rough roads.i think the dampers are more efficient in damping than stock dampers.car feels more planted to the road.again IMHO these should be OEM in e90.

with lighter rims and non run flats, the improvement in comfort and handling could very well be 100%.

( my front was 1 finger gap before fsd,2 finger gap after.for the rear not much diff still 2 finger gap.was wondering if they will settle down lower after some time.any one can comment on this ? )

cheers

Re: my review on the koni fsd and steel b/line

Thanks for the review Ho.

Yes, the shocks will settle down after some time. Mine dropped an inch all round after a few months...

chickenbackside;198502 said:
Thanks for the review Ho.

Yes, the shocks will settle down after some time. Mine dropped an inch all round after a few months...

hi chicken bro

you still up?thanks for the assurance.was quite worried that i might have to change to a lower spring.

i consider these mods money well spent.

cheers

Hi ! Ho Ho Ho.

Welcome to FSD family :)

I have installed my FSD 6 months ago..........Thanks to Chickenbackside for giving me a ride on his car.

Love the ride on these FSD but car still roll if you take fast and sharp corner.
Current ARB was adjutsed to front-hard and rear-middle to reduce the body roll.

Cheers :)

Welcome to the Fast n Furious FSD gang.

I just tested by matachia last night along ThomsonRd>Sembawang road>Yishun around 12am bcos I cant sleep after late shower. Hoot the steptronic gears and really feel the shiokness of the FSD. I did the same many months back on same road on stock suspension and damn, there is a lot of difference. I was going quite quick around curves but the body roll was minimal.

Good Mod , so whats yr next mod Mr Ho....Brembo?

ho2786;198499 said:
hi bros and sis'

installed my koni fsd and steel brake lines today

first i shall review the steel brake lines.

before : quite soft and mushy during soft braking.
after : firm and confident feel.machiam added brembo big brakes.very firm and powerful braking feeling.braking distance are definitely improved.IMHO these should be OEM in e90.

next my koni fsd.(with previously installed eibach pro kit springs)

before: some bodyroll during cornering,suspension very hard and unforgiving in rough roads.can be quite bumpy.
after:zero body roll during hard cornering,suspension still hard and firm but that is a feeling of better comfort(cant describe)when in rough roads.i think the dampers are more efficient in damping than stock dampers.car feels more planted to the road.again IMHO these should be OEM in e90.

with lighter rims and non run flats, the improvement in comfort and handling could very well be 100%.

( my front was 1 finger gap before fsd,2 finger gap after.for the rear not much diff still 2 finger gap.was wondering if they will settle down lower after some time.any one can comment on this ? )

cheers

Ho,

How many bhp did you gain?

haha the FSD gang speaketh.

With Eibach springs, my E46 dropped slightly by almost another 0.5 finger all round after approx 3 - 4 weeks. I bought my FSDs slightly used. Now its a very tight 1 finger all round.:yummie:

I think your car should revert back to the same drop height as you were already on Eibachs. Its the springs that control the car's final lowering height anyway.

Congrats and thanks for the review.

Now its time for YOUR PICS!! :yummie:

elmariachi;198548 said:
Ho,

How many bhp did you gain?

doesnt matter how many, every single BHP is needed. Its serious business here. Even half a BHP makes an awful difference.

best suspension for u HO

510514.jpg

i am on FSD + eibach springs. was thinking of changing to another set of springs as eibach is too soft for me. any recommendation?

true enuf but since i have invested in the FSD, thought alternative would be probably HnR springs. not hoping for miracle, just prefer a stiffer setup

HI Guys

Having a package price for Koni FSD dampers together with renewal car insurance with our subsidary company (Agency) whereby representing AXA, MSIG, AIG, royal and sun alliance.

Those interested, please drop me an email at [email protected] for more details

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwinltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back