My six + four Configuration FINALLY!

satinGHOST|r!der

Legendary 10 Years
06072008022vh0.jpg

06072008020hi3.jpg

06072008021ca6.jpg

06072008023gv7.jpg

Had a lazy sunday, washed the car and decided for a quickie shot with my Nokia N82. Had my 6 pot BBk for some time now and needed a rear one as there was far too much front bias that the back has just gone into hibernation. Fitted out the 4 potter yesterday and honestly, the I can for sure feel the back working now. The biggest difference, however, is the, weight savings or some of the more tech savvy would call, unsprung weight. Previously on WOT, the back squats and moves off. Now with the rear kit, the car is so much more balanced. On WOT, you dont get much of the squat anymore and you can feel a very trimmed pull on level with the front with the rear BBKs. I tried to carry the stock ones compared to the Alcon rear BBKs when they were installing it. The rears are really quite heavy. Like a big piece of chunk of metal. Since I was on my front for a long time, there was much I could feel in the way the car behaves especially from moving off and rolling WOT. BIGGEST difference. I still cant comment much on the rear brakes as yet as I am bedding it in. On the stock brakes with the Alcon 6 potter fronts, I could hardly feel the rears work since there was so much front bias. Now I can actually feel the back speed actually being erased when coming to a stop. This is great really as previously for North South Runs, you could feel all the braking biasing to the front when braking from ludicrous speeds. I would and am confident that the rear kit would definitely enhance the braking much more now than before.

All in all, I should have changed the back and front together. But Alcon only came out with the kit recently so no choice. And there is definitely a difference by adding the rear ones esp on high speed runs. A definite must. Most who have gone on full 6+4, be it Brembos or AP, would say the braking is phenomenal. Starting off from 6 pot front and subsequently, moving to 4 pot rears, is a big difference, at least to me. Well worth the dime...

Cheers!

Re: My six + four Configuration FINALLY!

woah... sweet... now you can join ben in ai stop mai...

fiercepink;355753 said:
woah... sweet... now you can join ben in ai stop mai...

:lol2:Ben everytime i see his face = AI DRINK MAI! :lol2:

Always liked ur ride... And ur no. plate !

Grats on those big ass Alcons Omar... AI STOP MAI.

Herman;355759 said:
Always liked ur ride... And ur no. plate !

Grats on those big ass Alcons Omar... AI STOP MAI.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:100-0 more steam than 0-100 now. muahaha..

congrats and very very nice setup elma.. and having witnessed ben's Ai stop mai for myself, i can understand why you say 100-0 even more steam. :)

HAhah Omar, nice brakes.

In the 2nd last photo, I mistook the leaves in the background as roll cage tubing within the cabin. Was overjoyed for a second wondering what was to come lol

thats hot!

i'm jealous man.. your car is awesome!

If you felt the differences in handling from the brakes, wait till you enjoy the linear springs of the Cross coilovers !!! Quick, get it done.......

Shaun;355791 said:
HAhah Omar, nice brakes.

In the 2nd last photo, I mistook the leaves in the background as roll cage tubing within the cabin. Was overjoyed for a second wondering what was to come lol

Now that you mentioned it, HELL YEAH! It looks like one. But this car is far from a track car. :)

Roasty;355792 said:
thats hot!

i'm jealous man.. your car is awesome!

Thanks bro...

kenntona;355807 said:
If you felt the differences in handling from the brakes, wait till you enjoy the linear springs of the Cross coilovers !!! Quick, get it done.......

Slow and Steady. You PCC everyday also boring. Same thing.

dscn02541kb9.jpg

dscn02551pc6.jpg

dscn02561ru5.jpg

dscn02571wc3.jpg

A few more pics...Met up with a few EVO X owners for a while.

congrats on the brakes...

niceee.... 100-0 how many seconds?

gadaffi;355872 said:
niceee.... 100-0 how many seconds?

I dont use seconds. I calculate the time my teeth elasticize back into my gums. :lol2:

jeremy%20clarkson.jpg

elmariachi;355874 said:
I dont use seconds. I calculate the time my teeth elasticize back into my gums. :lol2:

hahaha.... btw congrats!

Wow......... Nice brakes................
For sure the braking power is damn good.... Already proven when taxi ride on Ben's ride.....

milk15;355880 said:
Wow......... Nice brakes................
For sure the braking power is damn good.... Already proven when taxi ride on Ben's ride.....

Was Ben high? Hahaha...

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back