N20 vs N55 engine turbo sound

wt_know

ok ... since all talking about clattering, tiak tiak tiak and silky smooth strawberry

here is the sound comparison. may not be conclusive but at least a good comparison

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rmoYAfr0t8"]2012 F30 335i N55 vs 328i N20 Engine, Exhaust, and Fly By Sounds - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: N20 vs N55 engine turbo sound

N20 328i vs N55 335i tracking ... enjoy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryWqlH3e8PM"]BMW Driver Joey Hand Tracks F30 328i N20 4-cylinder turbo / 6 speed at Laguna Seca - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeeOLNbBOlw"]BMW Driver Bill Auberlen Tracks F30 335i N55 6-cylinder turbo / 6 speed at Laguna Seca - YouTube[/ame]

I only hear alot of talking

Power...................

cheers

these are exos sound....different from engine sound.....the tiak tiak tiak and strawberries sounds from engine bay

When I go PML end of the month, I go kachiau my SE (she should be in good mood, commission many many) to let me record 4 potter engine sound at idle, and i will go record my strawberry many many N52 F02 at home. For further discussion, I will also record the strawberry with cream and sugar frosting N55 F13 at idle, then some bros here must teach lim peh how to upload to YouTube so all can compare until song song. Settle argument once and for all.

At least until some smart Alec points out that my recording equipment (iPhone) boh standard, and the acoustic resonance harmonics of my house is different from PML's showroom... Then, argument start again.

It is very clear that once engine reach idling, the clattering sound is very distinctive.

On the move, 4 pot lack the grunt of a 6 pot.

IL6, FTW.
V12, ecstacy.

I dun dare to open bonnet at petrol station if I have N20...

1st pic is N55, 2nd is N52 n last one is new N20.. machiam kenna bitten off

MW;746888 said:
I dun dare to open bonnet at petrol station if I have N20...

1st pic is N55, 2nd is N52 n last one is new N20.. machiam kenna bitten off

Heheh. I thought I was the only one that had a thing about engine bays.

I like the look of the whole engine bay being 'filled up' by the engine. Makes me feel more macho, I guess - to make up for my lack of driving skills.

The N20 really like stunted a bit... really hit mee badly when I opened the bonnet. :wink:

The N52 engine looks most macho cos u can see the cylinder tubes

MW;746905 said:
The N52 engine looks most macho cos u can see the cylinder tubes
The only ugly part in N52 is square engine oil cap.

hitmee;746961 said:
What is that yellow box?
Lego cover?

Power box - they highlighted it for potential customers to see the installation location

turbo is the way to go ... eventually NA engine is limited editon

The rumours of BMW’s triple turbo engines have been going around for the whole of last year and it looks like they were true since BMW has announced a slew of vehicles within their BMW M Performance range. They include M550d xDrive sedan and also a touring version, X5 M50d and the X6 M50d. You might have guessed that the letter “d” signifies diesel.

All the abovementioned cars will feature a new M Performance TwinPower triple turbocharger engine. It will be a 3.0 litre six cylinder turbodiesel which generates around 381bhp and 740Nm of torque. 0-100km/h timing will be around 4.7 seconds and will have a electronically limited top speed of 250km/h. BMW didn’t say much about how the set-up looks like or how the third turbo will play a part in the set-up.

Will triple turbo engines be the future? | MyAutoBlog

Actually to make everyone happy, BMW should make 2000cc, 6cyc turbo.

totally agree with you that turbo is the way to go. just look at the Vws 1.4 engines. pretty remarkable i would say except for that cranky 7 dsg gearbox.

on paper, n20 is a mark improvement la

better torque, better FC, faster 0 to 100
but bmw shouldnt price it so high then may be is easier for ppl to stomach is a 4 pots

the sky high price we are seeing is uniquely singapore la
pml fat fat margin (new model leh) + tax + coe + whatever

as all we know, a 320i in sg can buy a M3 in usa
so ... i don't think bmw price their N20 high leh

hitmee;748627 said:
on paper, n20 is a mark improvement la

better torque, better FC, faster 0 to 100
but bmw shouldnt price it so high then may be is easier for ppl to stomach is a 4 pots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
df999today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back