N20 vs N55 engine turbo sound

Re: N20 vs N55 engine turbo sound

wt_know;748637 said:
the sky high price we are seeing is uniquely singapore la
pml fat fat margin (new model leh) + tax + coe + whatever

as all we know, a 320i in sg can buy a M3 in usa
so ... i don't think bmw price their N20 high leh

wrong,320i in sg can buy lambo gallardo(used) in usa.

Last edited by a moderator:

As I continue my sale of my f10, I went to test drive q5 for my next family car, both the 3.2 v6 (20" rim) and 2.0t (18" rim) did not entice me, I was expecting more comfort from the suv but my f10 (20" rim) still win hands down. I reali salute this n52 3L NA engine. The n20 in f10 tiak tiak is more apparent then the 2L TSI in the q5 and my fren's A5 for my comparison sake.

Bro, strawberry f10 528i change to Q5 really don't make sense leh. Keep the strawberry better!

st8800;748951 said:
Bro, strawberry f10 528i change to Q5 really don't make sense leh. Keep the strawberry better!

Q Series???????? Hitmee say soccer mum

cheers

st8800;748951 said:

I tot q5 3.2 v6 on a heighten suv would be much more comfy boy I was disgustingly wrg

Comfy go for merc.

S300

golilok;748963 said:
I tot q5 3.2 v6 on a heighten suv would be much more comfy boy I was disgustingly wrg
Have u tried range rover evoque? Still 4 potter though. SUV seems only VW tourag or Q7 has refined ride. Or porsche cayenne.... steady pun pipi... Sy3 beo very long. :lol2:

No need, just wait for the new lambo or maser SUV to be released - swee swee pom pipi

i think I raised this point before. My N20 528 seems to have a bit of a vibration at rest. I was wondering whether this is normal or is this a problem that I should bring back to PML to fix? I mean, the car is not a Rolls ....

primus22;753405 said:
i think I raised this point before. My N20 528 seems to have a bit of a vibration at rest. I was wondering whether this is normal or is this a problem that I should bring back to PML to fix? I mean, the car is not a Rolls ....

Only on cold start or thru out the whole journey?

primus22;753405 said:

Normal... i assume this is your first 4 pot turbo?? :)

the only thing missing is the turbo whistle..

Not true lei.....

No vibration on another brand 4 pot turbo. Marcus Richard say one

bro.. my ex ride was the other band.. 1.8T... rough idle... turbo spool whistle.. but i like...

wait till the engine mount ki chia... the car will will have new massage chair feature...

now bmw cannot feel or hear anything.... :(

Funny how we spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on a nice car but instead of raving about how stable and how good our cars' engines are..we now see people complaining about turbo problems...why can't BMW produce more reliable engines?

Subaru FTW !!!

MW;753439 said:
Funny how we spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on a nice car but instead of raving about how stable and how good our cars' engines are..we now see people complaining about turbo problems...why can't BMW produce more reliable engines?

Can buy BMW car body (full under carriage and suspension) + gearbox and lup in Audi 3.0T engine?

love the audi 3.0T too... but hear rumours that they may swap out the supercharger for a single turbo... donno true or not..

MW;753439 said:

I salute my n52b30 on my f10 till now cos its reali strawberry, I still have the wet cream everytime.
I pui the n20 and n55 on f10 after 2 test drives, 5 second was enough to know how dry a baguette can be (wobbles, not saying yours).

Newer engine does not mean better
Newer looks usually means better
Imagine your hottest bed partner with facelift, more curves, better skin, brighter angel eyes, lesser need to wax, yet that dying familiarity to give u exactly wat u wan

Last edited by a moderator:

porky88;753447 said:
love the audi 3.0T too... but hear rumours that they may swap out the supercharger for a single turbo... donno true or not..

Won't be surprise if they do that. Even Merc had dumped their kompressors for turbo (CGI).

golilok;753449 said:
I salute my n52b30 on my f10 till now cos its reali strawberry, I still have the wet cream everytime.
I pui the n20 and n55 on f10 after 2 test drives, 5 second was enough to know how dry a baguette can be (wobbles, not saying yours).

Newer engine does not mean better
Newer looks usually means better
Imagine your hottest bed partner with facelift, more curves, better skin, lesser need to wax, yet that dying familiarity to give u exactly wat u wan

Thank you, bro golilok, for sparing a thought for the baguettes of the world...

But I am troubled by your N55 experience... In less than 2 weeks (so says my ever squeezable SE), I should be down at PML, creaming myself to kingdom come as my fingers caress the seductive lines of my F13, exploring her every nook and cranny, feeling the tight metal muscle that is promised under that long, swooping lines of her bonnet.

Then, suddenly, potong steam as the tiak-tiaking sounds upon starting up the engine...

It is enough to give any man nightmares!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
net8811com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back