N55 Charge Pipe

Chagrin

Any N55 owners with aftermarket charge pipes? If so what brand did you buy?
I am looking to purchase one as mine popped out and the retaining portion cracked.

Should I go the aftermarket route or just go replace it with an original part?
Would appreciate feedback if possible. Thanks

Re: N55 Charge Pipe

hi chagrin, which model do you drive ? I 've heard of some models the stock plastic like charge pipe "loose off" and replaced with metal type.

Charge pipe for N55 in F01, F10, F20, F30 etc etc are all diff.
Which model you referring to ?

Chagrin;755052 said:
Any N55 owners with aftermarket charge pipes? If so what brand did you buy?
I am looking to purchase one as mine popped out and the retaining portion cracked.

Should I go the aftermarket route or just go replace it with an original part?
Would appreciate feedback if possible. Thanks

I'm on stock but have been doing some read up on this problem about N55 engine too . It's an inherent problem that was brought down from the N54 .

Good reviews on aftermarket charge pipe would be the Evolution Racewerkz (ER) brand. So far those who installed have no complains and reported a subtle increase in throttle response and faster turbo spool.

They come in s/s finish or stealthy black for a more oem look .

Here's the link:
http://www.evolutionracewerks.com/node/236

Hope above info helps!

Depends on your mods n engine bay ...

N54 stett
N55 er

Good enough

Finally, after 1 year plus of extreme red-line driving and logging heavy mileage, my charge pipe has finally burst. I wonder why, i wonder why, i wonder why BMW would think of making plastic charge pipes that have such a high failure rate. Might as well connect it with a garden hose.

CCB *govt, never do anything to ensure these things don't happen.

*German Govt.

meatypie;1099605 said:
Finally, after 1 year plus of extreme red-line driving and logging heavy mileage, my charge pipe has finally burst. I wonder why, i wonder why, i wonder why BMW would think of making plastic charge pipes that have such a high failure rate. Might as well connect it with a garden hose.

CCB *govt, never do anything to ensure these things don't happen.

*German Govt.

One year then burst ? Good ... mean your turbo not spooling enough ?

PML sucks ...

Just get a aftermarket one and no need to go in and kana their mistakes becoming your car mistakes.

thanks bros for the suggestions,

FYI, The whole cross section cracked right open, not just a small fissure or leak.

i did think to use aftermarket (esp the ER ones), but...

1. I scared they void the warranty (yes i know...scared don't mod, mod, don't scared). Car dealers have a bit of a rep for being the flakiest of flaky pastries. More Flaky than any croissant found in Paris/Putong/Punggol/perth. Slightest mod voids any/all warranty.

2. I cheapo. Car under warranty, replacement is free.

3. Stock is best (So I have heard).

meatypie;1099618 said:

FYI, The whole cross section cracked right open, not just a small fissure or leak.

1. I scared they void the warranty (yes i know...scared don't mod, mod, don't scared). Car dealers have a bit of a rep for being the flakiest of flaky pastries. More Flaky than any croissant found in Paris/Putong/Punggol/perth. Slightest mod voids any/all warranty.

I just went PML they are fine with changing the Charge pipe. You can call to check ....

I switch back to stock when claimming warranty. They saw my modify parts and they still repair my car ...

YES PML ALEXANDRA ... they see modify ask me change stock and go back ... when stock go back they ask why i never modify my charge pipe ...

Yes spit silvia style.

meatypie;1099618 said:

Burst each time about 6 months ...

each time 3 days in PML / Munich ?

Then they accidently update your DME and then say oh charge pipe burst so dme have to update.

Then you 335 is worst then sonata ....

Then u go back ask for old DME they say your fault.

Tell you say they can do but anything spoilt ie ecu is your risk.

Bull of lies and bullshit.

Ask for written they back out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miso88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back