Need advice : Costs of general servicing(E90)

pandora21

Dear Friends, need your views and expertise please.

My ride : E90 323i and 4.5 years old. Done 60,000, sparkplug never change before and the last oil change was 10,000 ago. Current FC averaged at 6.5Km/L which is really bad. I am not a mod-enthusiast so hv not got the Mod-poison…….yet. J

Its due for some repairs and general servicing next week, need your suggestions on which Workshop to go and estimate costs. (J4C, BOSS and BVO : In your view, which of them offer better services in terms of consulting & advice and more reasonable charges?)

Things to be done :

Air-filter - Use Stock or use Performance filter? (Stock around $35, Performance ones around $150)
Sparkies - Use Stock type or Iridium and which performs better generally? What’s the costs difference?
Front brake pads - Use stock type better I think. Normally how much does it cost?
Engine Oil - What’s the recommended mainstream engine oil to use and how much does it cost? Think plus engine flushing for another $45 also.
AC Micro-filter - Standard part replacement only at around $100.
Wiper Reservoir - Think it cracked when I drove over and hit hard on a low curb. Think it’s leaking cos warning light shows alert. How much to replace the whole damn plastic container?

Thank you in advance. Think all the above is going to cost me a bomb….haha!

Regards
Pandora21

Re: Need advice : Costs of general servicing(E90)

Pandora, Air con filter u can buy yourself and install. $75 from Eng Soon.

Btw, you can go R2D for servicing too.

C3P0;594219 said:
Pandora, Air con filter u can buy yourself and install. $75 from Eng Soon.

Btw, you can go R2D for servicing too.

Robot, I add on a bit :)

For brake pad, not sure if you like the original brake pad which is not rim 'friendly'. Alot of brake dust only after 2 days of usage. I suggest go for other brand. And don't forget to add in the cost of the brake sensor. Will cost normally $20 to $25

pandora21;594215 said:
Wiper Reservoir - Think it cracked when I drove over and hit hard on a low curb. Think it’s leaking cos warning light shows alert. How much to replace the whole damn plastic

mine too but leak is above the sensor. after spraying a few times, the warning light comes up. top up with litres of water, will be ok, then one day later, if i spray a few times, warning lights comes up again. sigh...

Thanks Bros, finished doing those jobs last week.

- Washer leak due to faulty pump. Cost $50.
- Mobil Engine oil + Oil Filter. Cost 200.
- Replace stock filter with K&N filter. Cost 150.
- Set of 6 pieces iridium spark (I think its iridium). Cost $150
- AC micro filter. Cost $120

Things to fix in next servicing:
- Front brake pad worn wkshop said $500 to replace.
- Gasket/Engine cover side got slight oil leaks. Need to change that. wkshop said $350.

After leaving wkshop when on the road don’t really feel significant improvements in performance, maybe slightly. Over the course of past few days don’t really see improvement in FC so I think my 6-pot is really the big eater here….haha.

wkshop suggest I add in the sprint booster which will improve the torque at pick up….so considering that now.

Hi pandora21 where did you service your car eventually?
Sorry but curious to know what's the difference between sprint booster and power box

pandora21;597683 said:
Thanks Bros, finished doing those jobs last week.

- Washer leak due to faulty pump. Cost $50.
- Mobil Engine oil + Oil Filter. Cost 200.
- Replace stock filter with K&N filter. Cost 150.
- Set of 6 pieces iridium spark (I think its iridium). Cost $150
- AC micro filter. Cost $120

Things to fix in next servicing:
- Front brake pad worn wkshop said $500 to replace.
- Gasket/Engine cover side got slight oil leaks. Need to change that. wkshop said $350.

After leaving wkshop when on the road don’t really feel significant improvements in performance, maybe slightly. Over the course of past few days don’t really see improvement in FC so I think my 6-pot is really the big eater here….haha.

wkshop suggest I add in the sprint booster which will improve the torque at pick up….so considering that now.
1 2 handover ur car to me for a few days? Confirm improve throttle response.

Juz drive like taxi driver for a few days. Throttle response will improve.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbenbetat
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back