Need advice - do I need to put spacers?

Re: Need advice - do I need to put spacers?

Based on Lyneous ME 19 x 9.5 ET30 with 265 tyres (no rubbing) and my 193M 18 x 8.5 ET37 with 255 tyres (slight rubbing with 12mm spacers). According to Wheel Offset Calculator,I should have 20mm clearance at rear fenders without spacers. Now I added 12mm spacers should still have allowance of 8mm. How come got rubbing? Can anyone enlighten me on this? Thanks.

centurion;274965 said:
with your big spacers, did you find that >160km/h you had vibration?

The spacers were customized and fit tightly to the rear wheel hub with extended length wheel bolt. hope that will help to avoid vibration at high speed. As for the front, no spacers. However, haven't tried at high speed.

elmariachi;274969 said:
If thats the case, all you gotta do is High Speed Balancing. Ensure that the ALL tires are properly balanced before doing it.

Spacers were fitted at the rear only, I guess should have no problem of vibration. if that really happen, I will change the rims, not going to take risk. I think once got vibration, big problem is going to occur at high speed. IMHO.

elmariachi;274969 said:
If thats the case, all you gotta do is High Speed Balancing. Ensure that the ALL tires are properly balanced before doing it.
the vibration not caused by imbalance, but metal bending.

nsbsin;274985 said:
Spacers were fitted at the rear only, I guess should have no problem of vibration. if that really happen, I will change the rims, not going to take risk. I think once got vibration, big problem is going to occur at high speed. IMHO.
I spent a lot of money yesterday becase I refused to use spacers ... mine only 3mm ... my old experience with spacers was not good at high speed....

Thanks Centurion, will take note of your advice and monitor the side effect of the spacers. So for your case, got to buy the new rims with correct offset?

The spacers were specially made to fit wheel hub and rim with the same diameter. So there is no gap in between. Material using Aluminium alloy T6.

yeah, I put BBK on my Ody, needed 3mm spacer to fit, so had to spend more than 2K more getting the correct offset to accomodate. Some more so damn beng .... coz other things no stock. I like.
advanRS_big.jpg

Bo pian, play with the cars is like that one.

in ur pm to me , u said the right side of the rear set up rubs against the fender.
technically , it shudnt be the case as the geometry of the set up is perfectly the same on both sides so something isnt quite rite there.

u said u had a customized spacers? why didnt u just buy something that is well branded one like Rogue Engineering , H&R, or Eibach?

yes, comparing ur set up now with the ME u mentioned above, u shud hv alot more clearance both inner and outer. 8mm retract on the outer to be precise and that is big number.

In any case, i'd think the safest way is to just roll the fender. If u decide later not to put on the spacers anymore, the rolled fender will not do any harm anyway.

Gd Luck

The PSS9 was installed by J4C, I will have to go back to them to further check on the installation. When I take left turn, the right rear fender rub. but when I take right turn, it can clear the left rear fender. Even on uneven straight road only the right fender rub. I suspect the firmness setting on both sides may be not the same.
As for the spacers, I did mention to Seetoh about RE and H&R, but he insisted to use the customised spacers for safety reason. I requested for 10mm thickness but he said that thickness cannot be made, only 12mm can be made to fit the wheel hub.
However, I will check with him again on these issues. Jack, thanks for the advice.

I was thinking to raise the suspension slightly higher and increase the firmness setting. I don't know whether that will help and I can go without rolling the fender.
Regarding the firmness setting, any recommendation?

Hi Sam, nice to see your comments.Do you put spacers on front and rear or at the rear only?

Hi Bro,

I'm currently driving an E90 using OEM E46 M3 rims, the rear offset are just nice, but the front I have installed 15mm Eibach Spacers which is a direct fit for the centre bore, I do not experience any vibrations at all and I have touched 190+ on the NS Highway. No issues as well. Frankly I do not feel very comfortable with using spacers but I feel if die die have to use spacers then have to use a Quality Made one. Eibach is a good german brand, after looking at the Rogue Engineering Website, the Rogue Engineering Spacers look very well made as well, Im quite sure it should be safe.

Sometime our choice of certain rims which we really like but just does not have the correct offset for our car, its really fustrating but now I am very satisfied with my rims. Looks quite aggresive from the rear due to the staggered rims with the rear using 255 tyres.....hehe. I still think you should use either Rogue Engineering or Eibach Spacers instead of those custom ones.

Hi Del, do you have any idea whether Eibach has got the 10 or 12mm spacers?

Jadis;288402 said:
Hi Del, do you have any idea whether Eibach has got the 10 or 12mm spacers?

Hi Jadis,

Eibach does have the 10mm ones, but 12mm Im not too sure. I got mine from SOuth East Tyres.

can you pm me the price of your 15mm spacers? and the price of the longer lug bolts?

hey jadis, i've got a set of eibach 10mm spacers to let if you're interested.

I know from Hurry Tires, u can custom the spacers to your requirements. Give them a call and ask. They take the template of the eibach ones and machine them. That's another option.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868me

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back