Need advice - Engine have difficulty going pass 2000 rpm

Re: Need advice - Engine have difficulty going pass 2000 rpm

ed6141;591182 said:
After sending it to PML, they claimed it is due to faulty spark plugs(aftermarket) & ignition coil that is causing the problem. The problem was resolved after changing these parts. Ignition coil is FOC since it is still under warranty, I just paid for the spark plugs.

Surprised that aftermarket plugs only last 8ksqm.

Thanks for all the advice :shakemyb:

good to hear the coils were replaced under warranty... i actually would have expected them to say the plugs caused the coils to fail and charge you the whole works...

i'm using nology too and crossing 10k milleage now, so far so good.
hmm, need to check check liao :(

ed6141;591282 said:
I was using Nology spark plugs. Though they were suppose to last longer than 8k.

martmode8850;591964 said:
good to hear the coils were replaced under warranty... i actually would have expected them to say the plugs caused the coils to fail and charge you the whole works...

You are right, you could have given the usual PML response and push it the blame on non-OEM parts causing the problem, so I was lucky that I need not pay for the ignition coil.

Maybe because I recently brought the performance exhaust from them, they are not so strict.

wt_know;591969 said:
i'm using nology too and crossing 10k milleage now, so far so good.
hmm, need to check check liao :(

Nology review has been quite good.

So maybe I was unlucky that my fail prematurely. Anyway, PML claimed that their spark plugs is high performance and need not change to aftermarket. As my ride is still under warranty, I just follow their advise.

Surprise their spark plugs are not as expensive as I imagine and comparable with aftermarket.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k93453632

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back