Need advice plz!

Imperator

dear all, im new to the forums and i have recently purchased my bimmer, it's a

E46 2004 320i.

The only issue i have with the car is the sound system. It sucks beyond comprehension! So I'm on a mission. To change my component for starters but more importantly, i need a way to listen to my iphone songs!

Let's DIY aux input cable. - E46Fanatics

This thread is an example of how we can dIY our own aux cable etc. But the problem is, most E46's in singapore are fitted with a CASSETTE HU and this seems to only work with CD HUs.

Has any bros done this and have this work?
Or do any of you have a CASSETTE HU yet have a AUX input installed?

Apart from this I've explored my options.
Pin Liang charges $490 for denzon ipod adapter or $680 to change my entire HU.
The new HU supports bluetooth, iphone, aux and USB.

Comparing $490 or $680 to a free installation that I can do myself, I think many of us would choose the free one hahahah.

Any advice?

Re: Need advice plz!

noooooooooooooooooo way FM transmitters and cassette adapters are soooooooooo craaaapppppy

no way it's crappy.. cassette adaptor r so retro cool!!..

i was so amazed when i saw it the 1st time :D

Imperator;683544 said:
noooooooooooooooooo way FM transmitters and cassette adapters are soooooooooo craaaapppppy
Cassette adaptor is much better than FM tranmitter lah. I have been uing it on my E39 for 3+ yrs.

Imperator;683537 said:
Apart from this I've explored my options.
Pin Liang charges $490 for denzon ipod adapter or $680 to change my entire HU.
The new HU supports bluetooth, iphone, aux and USB.

Comparing $490 or $680 to a free installation that I can do myself, I think many of us would choose the free one hahahah.

Any advice?

well if the HU supports bluetooth, iphone, aux and USB i might consider that...

Imperator;683550 said:
zhun ah? I dowan wait spend money den dont like ..
The only annoying things is when music is soft, there might be cassette tape spindle noise.

Just got back from Foon audio. If i just do an Alpine head unit but without the interface installation its $350.

Imperator;683645 said:
Just got back from Foon audio. If i just do an Alpine head unit but without the interface installation its $350.

Does your car come with LCD? The $350 Foon quoted you is for a single din that is hidden behind the control console? No bluetooth?

Contra;683740 said:
Does your car come with LCD? The $350 Foon quoted you is for a single din that is hidden behind the control console? No bluetooth?

Im nt so sure about the single din thing. Wo bu ming bai. Haha. It does have BT.

I went to pin liang aft work. Panel + blaupunkt head unit + no interface = $430
foon no panel just the head unit is 350

I dont think i wanna spend xtra for interface integration. I can live without pressing wheel buttons

Imperator;683750 said:
Im nt so sure about the single din thing. Wo bu ming bai. Haha. It does have BT.

I went to pin liang aft work. Panel + blaupunkt head unit + no interface = $430
foon no panel just the head unit is 350

I dont think i wanna spend xtra for interface integration. I can live without pressing wheel buttons

if that price includes the panels then i think its quite reasonable. I went to chuan sing and the panel alone is $100+. The panel can accomodate either single din or double din and you can just upgrade the head unit in future.

So have you gone for it?

Bro. Panel is $150 lol. Original frm germany they say. Head unit is 200+ almost 300. Plus installation all comes up to $437 or sumthin... I try find the blaupunkt model shw u all. The pioneer hu is more ex than the blaupunkt, same features. Bt blaupunkt looks better for our dashboard :)

Imperator;683537 said:
The only issue i have with the car is the sound system. It sucks beyond comprehension! So I'm on a mission. To change my component for starters but more importantly, i need a way to listen to my iphone songs!.............

Any advice?

Easy lah. Just plug in your ear phones!! Hahahaha just kidding :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okebet168net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back