Need advice

diablo_728

Legendary 10 Years
Hi I
am currentky driving a sep 2005 FL E65 730iA with mileage abt 21k. Recnetly i sent in my car for serivicing and complain of 'kluck' noise in the fron of the vehicle to Kampong arang,

In the begining i was refused a coutersy car but on insisting i was given a 320, which basically was a take it or leave it situation.

Form a initail promise of 3 days, the car sepnt 15 days in the workshop. during which i had to call them wrt the car and they constantly came up with excuses on the delay. finally on friday i told them i need the car or they should give me a 7series as a coutersy car, within hours i was told the car is ready for collection. Currently the noise is till present but is less obvious. during the period of repair apprently they fouind oil leakages from several areas and they claimed they repaired the car.

What pisses me is the amount time taken, the lack of a equivalent courtesy car ( i had to rent a car from friend to pick up some associates from the airport), the lack of initiative from the staff to call me and inform me of the delays. Also i am amazed at the amount of problems that car had considering its age,

this is not the first time i had this probelm the last time that i had and still have a mild vibration of the steering and i sent in the car for 'repairs' they held the car for 4days claimed the problem was solved by changing the engine mounting. At that time i was refused a courtesy car.

I hope someone can advice me on who i can email to wrt to my feedback, I am also considering pursing the matter leagally if PML chooses not to respond, amazingly PML is the only website which doesnt carry a email address for the customer serivice dept.

thanks

cheers
Siva

Re: Need advice

Hmm... understand your frustrations.... but, I think an equivalent courtesy car in the form of a 730 maybe too much... afterall, there are so many 7er owners on the road... but I do agree they should keep you informed on the progress of the repairs. frequent communication is very important in a protracted repair situation.

anyway, the only time I was granted a courtesy car was for my X3 who exhibited some problems within 3 days of picking it up from the New Car Delivery Centre at Sime Darby.

beemerluv;146025 said:
anyway, the only time I was granted a courtesy car was for my X3 who exhibited some problems within 3 days of picking it up from the New Car Delivery Centre at Sime Darby.

Hi beemerluv, I just bought one of the last few remaining X3s left at PML.
Appreciate if you can share what sort of problem you had encountered after deivery.

It got to do with the PDC sensors picking up the number plate as an obstructing object and thereby giving out an audible alert (when in reality, there really isn't any obstructing object). They said it has to do with my X3 aero kit positioning the number plate blah blah... my X3 came on a 19" sports wheel.

But that was like in end 2004. 2 years have passed... maybe things are different now.

You will enjoy your X3, and imho, the best looking compact SUV. :)

Cheers.

beemerluv;146169 said:
You will enjoy your X3, and imho, the best looking compact SUV. :)

Cheers.

I sure can second that ..... nearly bought the new XC90 (now the Volvo comes with a 3.2L IL-6 NA engine). However, I found its engine vibration is pretty significant on idle.

Eventually, handling, looks and price steered me towards the X3 decision. :thinking:
A lower road tax helped of course. :shhhh:

I will certainly be looking toward many years of enjoying my X3.

siva. no courtesy car from me nor do they compensate me for spoiling my window chrome piece when replacing a squeaky rubber on driver door. have to go back another day at my expense to get them to replace it.

read here for my first encounter with them - http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-singapore-motoring-life/11640-fr-my-first-servicing-pml.html

regarding the 'kluck' sound, my ride and mileage same as urs too. only have 1 'kluck' sound each time when i come to a stop and steering front wheel to the right. ask around, everyone thinks that it is fine, no problem at all.

if u not sure, i think u can try go to BVO to sort it out. they are so far the best and only one workshop i trust with E65.

actually the issue is that i sent in my car on a thursday for sevicing and complained abt the noise, the SA told me they a day to analyse the condition of the car. On Friday there was no response till i called late afternoon and was told that they cant figure out the problem but found out that the carnkshaft oil seal and the some other oil seal was leaking. i was told its a 3 day job and the car will be returned on tuesday, I requested for a courtersy car and was given a 320. tuesday came and no calls, after a few calls i was told that its delayed and need till thursday, i specifically told them i need the car or at least a 5series for the following weekend but as the story goes the same thing happened on the following thursday, monday and wednesday and finally i told them on the friday (2 weeks after sending in) to give me the car regardless of the conditon, within a few hours the problem was 'solved' and the car was ready.

When i collected the car they had no explanation to what the cause of the problem was. I was even denied initailly a copy of the jobsheet, I was told the manager will contact me on this issue but i have to recieve any calls.

I believe that if its a warranty issue then there must be a replacement car. If there too many 7 series on the road then PML should have more cars and personel to support these cars. after all more cars mean more profit. what pisses me is that the staff are not the least bothered abt the customers.

thanks for your advice i shall try BVO the next time i need some things done.

I also drive a E65 730i. So far, no similar problem like yours ( kluck sound ) but I had my own problems...almost total electrical failure, tailgate control unit failure,leaking petrol tank O ring, aircon not cold, etc. Except for the most serious cases, I usually bring my car to an outside BMW garage to have things fixed ( in my case Riverview ). Though I have to pay, the service is so much more personalised, efficient , effective and quick. No need to Q also.
Even in more complicated problems, I think u can alsways bring it to one of the outside garages and have a diagnosis made and then you can decide to go back to PML with the diagnosis and point to them where to look. If you depend on PML for everything, making a diagnosis alone will take a few days.

I don't understand why PML not fixing these support issues. I am sure they are reading this forum.

May beBMW Germany need to be informed? Or we as a group should do a media interview to share our frustration openly to get better support?

Complaints of poor PML customer services are so well known for years now.
And no matter what we say or do with regards to their lousy as-s service, PML was,is and will be making tons of cash from the sales of BMWs.

So why should PML give a shit about what people say as long as their yearly financial reports looks good?

Unless we stop going there for services/support, stop buying their extended warranty and start buying BMWs from PI.. then we will see some improvements. Monopoly rules.
Bloody snobs...

I suggest PI, Bvo and J4C should all come together and offer some corperate package deals on BMW sales, services and warranty issues.... Squeeze PML of their profit takings. Bring them down to earth...

Gosh u paid 300k and get a service like this ?!
I was just abt to buy a "cheap" 523 (and came here to have a look) and I read this ! Guess all those horror stories abt BMWs are true.... Looks like I'm going to look at something else. (Is C&C any better ? )

Hi E83 - X3 and beemerluv,
appreciate if you could put me in the loop too. Have been trying to find out more of the X3s and those who own them within this forum. Looking forward to hearing more.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k93453632

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back