Need advise - Cars Today Pte ltd

Re: Need advise - Cars Today Pte ltd

Darth Vader;1112831 said:
call Double Ace Associates.
they will collect the deposit for you.
call them before they go changi resort.
They will put up a sign saying debt collection in progress

I also bought a car from Cars Today in Dec 2014 from Peter Ho. Now, my car has been repossessed and is with Kenso Leasing, and I stand to lose my 50% downpayment.

I have created a Facebook page called SG Dishonest Dealings and shared my full story there.

https://www.facebook.com/SGDishonesty

My current aim is to consolidate all the news, updates and stories on Cars Today, and hopefully others will not make the same mistake despite the crazy ongoing number of car dealer scams in Singapore (like the recent Volks Auto case, and now Cars Today). And frankly speaking, I feel it's not that easy to dig up anything on them (or most car dealers in general) just via a simple Google search, which also means it might be difficult for others to even be aware of such incidences. Some more when we see these kinds of news, we'll always think to ourselves "this will never happen to me one la!"

Hopefully the law finally catches up to James Poh/Allan Poh/ whoever he is now.

"The New Paper reported in 2008 that Allan Poh of parallel importer Car Kingdom had vanished after leaving a client saddled with loans on a car he had traded in but never saw again."
See more at: More buyers make reports against used-car dealer, News, News, AsiaOne Business News

Last edited by a moderator:

and which is why, go to the "reputable" and "well known" PIs like (and I do not know them personally or bought from them before) Vincar, Jack Cars...

"reputable" or "well known" or not, buying from PI all have higher risk of them running away with your deposit; compared to AD. thus their the lower price.
best is to buy from PI that have ready stock in SG.

tats true, I forgot the ready stock part. I also got mine from PI with ex stock, can even go see it and then in the invoice write down the chassis number etc full details so I know TAT CAR IS MINE.

Cars Today Gone tomorrow.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

KNNB Jover Chew doing used cars now ?

Surely by now the SPF should have found a charge to use.

Or surely a lawyer by now would have been able to find a reason to sue.

Red_Bean_Bun;1113193 said:
Surely by now the SPF should have found a charge to use.

Or surely a lawyer by now would have been able to find a reason to sue.

all busy with Budget 2015......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Feel for all the victims ..... Met one recently in person. This is worst than daylight robbery.

Another sim Lim case. Has been on going but all sweep under carpet. Once any MP say something....immediate action.
so moral of the story is not look for lawyer is look for MP.

Damn!! This car dealer is really a CBF. Someone should CSI the company director like the Sim Lim case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Since that the car has not been transferred, is meant summon or fine will not come to you also then just go and speed let that car owner kena fine then for sure he will feel the pressure and quickly transfer the car

TS how's your case now. It's unfortunate Singapore law is not sufficient enough to protect consumer. Even with lemon law on 2nd hand cars. Dealers still find ways to go around it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vin7778org
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back