Need advise on Audi A4 1.8T

EDISON

Hi Guys, Been thinking really hard about the Audi 1.8T special edition, can get it below $129K now with s-line kit etc, good buy?? should i go for it or get the 323?? Pls help, it's on my mind all day long. And also what do u all think of the image of Audi compare to beemer? Thanks

Re: Need advise on Audi A4 1.8T

They are both very different cars, turbo vs NA, rear wheel vs front wheel drive etc, test drive and decide which u prefer. The Audi's built quality is impressive and you prob get better after sales service. But the BMW win hands down in terms of handling. Try posting this question in the vagsg forum, you will prob get very a rather different response...

Haha, sorry it's been ages since I last looked at an audi's interior but don't you think it boils down to personal preference at the end of the day? For example, I hate walnut interior trims but some may insist upon it!

Get the Audi 1.8T . Think no further, book now. Too many Bimmers on the road liao, u wanna look diff right? kekeke

personally i dislike the Audi on 2 counts; its front grill that looks like a big mouth and its interior that's a bit 'stiff'

The 1.8T is a pretty old engine already.

The good news is that if you want to modify it, there are loads of established mods for it.

The bad news is that well, it's an old engine.

I believe it is using either a Tiptronic or CVT transmission.

One thing to bear in mind, the B7 platform is due to make way for the B8 platform which will have improved front/rear weight distribution

DoggieHowser;236608 said:
The 1.8T is a pretty old engine already.

The good news is that if you want to modify it, there are loads of established mods for it.

The bad news is that well, it's an old engine.

I believe it is using either a Tiptronic or CVT transmission.

One thing to bear in mind, the B7 platform is due to make way for the B8 platform which will have improved front/rear weight distribution

Actually, old is not necessarily bad... and if you want to wait, can wait forever, buying a car is like buying a mobile phone etc.... Buy new, sure got some bugs, wait for a while, and its old with a replacement on the way... so when to buy?

Anyway, yes the 1.8T has been around and is quite a solid engine... I had one before and hit 240kmh with it... Mod potential is also great. It uses a CVT 'box, smooth as hell... don't feel the gears AT ALL....

The interior is solid and (in my opinion) better than most cars in its class. Choose the aluminium interior, its nice.....

Good luck with yr choice.....

bro, the new A4 is coming soon, but then again you may not get it at this fantastic price they are now offering to clear. 1.8T engine is well proven and readily 'moddable'. you may have to get use to the CVT tho......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodo6789skin
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back