Need for exhaust recommendation - E90

C3P0

Dear bros,
I am looking for exhaust for my e90 325.

The criterias are:
1) the louder the better. (I am a sound whore. :) )
2) preferably a quad exhaust if there's one available. (I guess I need to change my rear diffuser too, but that's another issue....)
3) must be LTA approved. (I have a feeling this criteria and #2) above will crash head.)
4) I don't worry about performance (I drive like a tortoise anyway), so I guess I only need a muffler and not the full exhaust / or midpipe.

Will appreciate any good and kind advices from the experienced bros here (no OT please). Thank you in advance.

Re: Need for exhaust recommendation - E90

wow bro, 1st mod on ur new ride! can foresee a list of nice mods to cum

Eisenmann best.. If u want approved one get supersprint..

U want cheap one just put milo can

Terry;490413 said:

+ headers + replace with high-flow cats + remove rear resonators . . sure 2b loud loud!

WRONG Terry, if you want loudest, just remove everything cat back. Run without exhaust. Surely approve one coz during inspection there will be nothing underneath to inspect.

ACS6;490419 said:
WRONG Terry, if you want loudest, just remove everything cat back. Run without exhaust. Surely approve one coz during inspection there will be nothing underneath to inspect.
muuaaahhhhh...... true! and will be damn light chia a-puay!

Slater;490410 said:
wow bro, 1st mod on ur new ride! can foresee a list of nice mods to cum
Thanks bro. Slowly this time.....!

Terry;490413 said:
Which one got LTA-approved quads?

e46monster;490415 said:
+ headers + replace with high-flow cats + remove rear resonators . . sure 2b loud loud!
Thanks bro. Due to budget constraint and being law abiding resident in Singapore, I am looking for LTA-approved one la :lol:
Joking nia.
I just want to avoid unnecessary trouble having to change it back to approved exhaust prior to inspection, and also possible problems when I demod next time.

ACS6;490419 said:
e46monster;490421 said:
muuaaahhhhh...... true! and will be damn light chia a-puay!
OT! Red card :whipper: :nutkick: :p

Ok, non OT. Try Supersprint or Remus. Should be LTA approved. But sound-wise you won't be completely satisfied...coz legal ones always no fun. Trust Terry, go for Eisenmann Race. While you're at it, remove resonators as well but leave the cats there for removal 3 months later. LOL....OT again.

don't have to de-cat. change to a high flow one good enough. then get remus quad and drill a small hole in the muffler. confirm loud. :lol2:

ACS6;490434 said:
Ok, non OT. Try Supersprint or Remus. Should be LTA approved. But sound-wise you won't be completely satisfied...coz legal ones always no fun. Trust Terry, go for Eisenmann Race.
Cool, many thanks! Now I have 3 choices.

ACS6;490434 said:
While you're at it, remove resonators as well but leave the cats there for removal 3 months later. LOL....OT again.
heng you tell me it's OT, otherwise I blur blur really go and do it, ha ha. :D

benji ben;490439 said:
don't have to de-cat. change to a high flow one good enough. then get remus quad and drill a small hole in the muffler. confirm loud. :lol2:
ben, high flow one LTA approved or not? I don't think so le. Touch cat only, that's it, boomz, you know, you know.
Drill small hole in muffler? I drill hole in your karchng then you know :shakebon: :nehnehhh:

Go for AC Schnitzer from PML, u wont regret. LTA compliance. This muffer good for only 6 potter!!! No hp gain though, confirm loud!!!

i don't think it's approved but those inspection centre won't know unless they dismantle your cat system. and please DON'T anyhow drill, i scared pain. :nehnehhh:

e46monster;490441 said:
hey benji,
dont you have a 135 as well?

haha this is quite funny. :thinking: i'm honored that you actually ask me that. it will be a dream come true to own a 135 but i think you got the wrong person? the only car i have is a lao pok e36 that road hogs. :yummie: :nehnehhh: :laughlik:

blackbmw;490449 said:
Go for AC Schnitzer from PML, u wont regret. LTA compliance. This muffer good for only 6 potter!!! No hp gain though, confirm loud!!!

WRONG. You will regret. First of all, heck of alot more expensive. Secondly, they will tell you its approved but after you install, no papers...sorry.

blackbmw;490449 said:
Thanks bro. But I guess it should be higher priced than Remus/SS/Eisenmann...you know the rough price?
No prob about the hp gain, I know muffler is insignificant to hp gain :laughlik:

benji ben;490452 said:
i don't think it's approved but those inspection centre won't know unless they dismantle your cat system. and please anyhow drill, i scared pain. :nehnehhh:
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Ben, your answer really caught me by surprise.

ACS6;490465 said:
WRONG. You will regret. First of all, heck of alot more expensive. Secondly, they will tell you its approved but after you install, no papers...sorry.

Nope, u must install and purchase from PML and get a written letter from them. Drive it down to Vicom and produce the letter. This is how i got my approval from Vicom for my previous ride. But if u get it install at dont-know-what workshop, vicom will not allow for inspection. In short, u must get it done from the authorised workshop only. Anyone selling exhaust telling u that their exhaust comes with TUV cert and claims that is approval one, is only half true. In Europe, is a yes but not in sillypore.

blackbmw;490449 said:
they dun carry ACS liao. its now their own brand.....the BMW Performance range.

blackbmw;490480 said:
Nope, u must install and purchase from PML and get a written letter from them. Drive it down to Vicom and produce the letter. This is how i got my approval from Vicom for my previous ride. But if u get it install at dont-know-what workshop, vicom will not allow for inspection. In short, u must get it done from the authorised workshop only. Anyone selling exhaust telling u that their exhaust comes with TUV cert and claims that is approval one, is only half true. In Europe, is a yes but not in sillypore.

BRO, I drive an e64 650i. Full ACS setup from PML. They promise to provide letter but once car delivered..."what letter?"....

You tell me.

ACS6;490483 said:
BRO, I drive an e64 650i. Full ACS setup from PML. They promise to provide letter but once car delivered..."what letter?"....

You tell me.

Bru is a letter stating that the exhaust installed by them, thats all. I've done it and manage it get it approved from vicom.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back