Need help for head light

Hi bros, my left side headlight is not working now. Previously the angle eye light disappear and came back after 2 days. Anyone can advice what happened?

I'm driving a 2005 520 and since it's less than a year, is there any cheap workshop that can help? I called bimshop and they was quoted $280 to change the bulb.

Thanks in advance

Re: Need help for head light

cheap workshops will close down if keep doing things too cheap.

Oh. I had a similar problem. Fixed by pml. Foc. Under warranty.

$280 :sleepy:

What's your car's FC?

My chio colleague wearing low cut spag-straps today. Probably tonight go cheong.

I keep staring at her headlights.

That's a question you should be asking the workshop that quoted you.

Terenceong;1081385 said:
Is this price reasonable for 1 bulb?

just to clarify Terence, what i quoted u is $230/set, ie a pair
$50 is the labour charge by workshop
anyway, from the description of your problem, its more of a case of your insulation having cracked and shorting.
its best that you get that insulated, eg doing heat sleeves etc before replacing any bulbs cos the shorting will result in premature wear n tear and spoilage of the lights.

Terenceong;1081327 said:
Hi bros, my left side headlight is not working now. Previously the angle eye light disappear and came back after 2 days. Anyone can advice what happened?

I'm driving a 2005 520 and since it's less than a year, is there any cheap workshop that can help? I called bimshop and they was quoted $280 to change the bulb.

Thanks in advance

If changing bulb doesn't work, means your internal headlamp wiring fried. Possible to salvage but will be expensive and i suggest you buy a recon set instead since your car left like less than 2years? Or best just live with it and save your $

Calvin West;1081730 said:
If changing bulb doesn't work, means your internal headlamp wiring fried. Possible to salvage but will be expensive and i suggest you buy a recon set instead since your car left like less than 2years? Or best just live with it and save your $

Yeah, I agree with Calvin & sszone. The external jackets of the wires are probably crumbling - exposing the inner wires and causing a short. The very same thing happened to me. After being told by the workshops that the only solution was to buy a new pair of headlights at around $1800 each, I decided to repair them myself. I did so by cutting the wires and shoving insulation tubes over the exosed wires and tying them up again (no soldering). I used insulation tape on the re-joined part of the wires. All the bulbs worked again. YEEHAA!! Cost = $5 SGD. Now, this does not prevent other parts of the wiring loom that is buried deep beyond reach - in the headlight assembly from crumbling in the future but since I have a little more than a year left on my car, that's going to be someone else's problem; I hope.... Anyway, its a pretty easy job. Taking out the headlamp is the tricky bit cuz u'll need the right tool - long socket wrench for those bolts that are buried deep in the engine bay. I bought mine from a hardware shop on Changi Rd for $6. I used a magnet and some chewing gum to make sure it doesn't fall out while I'm bringing it up to the surface..

Best to buy colour matching insulation tubes - brown, yellow and white (if I recall correctly). Good luck.

I did the right hand side about 12 months ago. No issues since. And I did the left side last month. No issues either. So far so good.

Philster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yup had the same wiring issue on my car. Took it down to Steven at sonic racing they took both headlights out rewired the lot give them a call before you go down

rssid;1087531 said:
Yup had the same wiring issue on my car. Took it down to Steven at sonic racing they took both headlights out rewired the lot give them a call before you go down

cool. How $?

Sorry to side track. My left headlamp is now pinkish in colour.
Any idea what is the issue? Lamp ?

Thanks

Hi I'm looking for cheap chicken rice, preferable $2.
Anyone can advise?

C3P0;1087811 said:
Hi I'm looking for cheap chicken rice, preferable $2.
Anyone can advise?

One shot or two shots?

Hi.

May I know how much does Sonic Racing charge to resolve your problem.

I have similar problem with both headlamps and am sourcing for a reliable mechanic that could help me solve my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Actually if u have any workshop that u do your servicing with, just ask them to do it for some labour and it should be easy for them. No need make an appt with a workshop just for this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win79bingo
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back