Need help on Steering Change.

Dav_C

Guys,

Please help.

I have a '04 E60.

This is my current steering wheel and airbag.
4159657281_64fa41ee77.jpg

4159660563_ab0f2b9669.jpg

Now that I about bought this two items but they do not fit, at places that used to be flat, now the airbag has 'step', which is blocking me from mounting the airbag.
4159662557_e3bf72b7a6.jpg

4159659799_b02b72e500.jpg

Even the software is Version 7.2, newer than the 5.0 found on my original module
4159661701_08b028b0da.jpg

The guy from ebay quoted me the wrong part number, the airbag is 'too new' I guess.

Can I just buy a new mounting plate and just connect everything together?

I also don't see any separate ground cable that other guy described in another post.

Re: Need help on Steering Change.

your original airbag is triangle it seems, almost like the 320's. but the new one is round, like those fitted on 323 and above. best that u check it out with workshops. doesnt seem as simple as just changing mounting plate

all the best bro

I've got the Sports Steering as well. It does take round air bag.

Problem is that this round airbag needs a different mounting, I just wonder can I just buy the mounting, or I just have to look the older airbag.

Dav_C;500621 said:
I've got the Sports Steering as well. It does take round air bag.

Problem is that this round airbag needs a different mounting, I just wonder can I just buy the mounting, or I just have to look the older airbag.
bro, just call up PML, J4C or BVO, they will be able to advise. just buy the necessary parts to incorporate the wheel. dun mess around with wheel. dangerous if u dun get the desired control and feel

Ya, if this doesn't work I'll just get another airbag that will fit, then sell off this one to thoes guys looking for newer version airbag.

Went to two shops, one shop didn't have a clue. Another one knows the issue right away, suggested me to buy the new plate, but no guarantee can work or not because need to change wiring, but didn't offer me a quote for installation, haha.

So I went to buy the new plate (Post Sep-05) less than S$50.00
4165084623_db8ae3f777.jpg

It is in! New plate and additional ground cable for the horn.
4165084929_3386d992bd.jpg

Initially the Active Steering error came out. I drove the car, make some turns. Restart engine and it is fine. How clever is this car.

congrats Dav! thoughtthe 2 steering plate looks the same to me. hehe

ai full lock mai?

If the guy who sold me the air bag didn't send the wrong part, I wouldn't have to go through these hustles....

What is a full lock?

Dav_C;500908 said:
If the guy who sold me the air bag didn't send the wrong part, I wouldn't have to go through these hustles....

What is a full lock?
turn ur steering all the way to the end

Slater;500910 said:
turn ur steering all the way to the end

Not quite sure, I made some 90 degree turns and then reverse park the car.

Dav_C;500913 said:
Not quite sure, I made some 90 degree turns and then reverse park the car.
nevermind.

it was joke when i said "ai full lock mai" not literally asking if u tested the full lock after changing wheels. hehe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vl88baby

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back