Need help - what can I do to get my deposit back

Henry1515

After I have completed my 3 years new 420i leasing with Hertz Singapore. They hold my deposit since 9 April until now due to I do not agreed with the S$141.75 for the full tank. The fact that no one tell me and it is not even indicated in the contract that the car has to be return with full tank. Went to both CASE and small claim and they cannot do anything. How can Hertz hold my S$5k deposit since the dispute is S$141.75 for the petrol. This is really a big fish eat small fish. Any lawyer out there that can advise me how to get back my deposit back? For those planning to lease with Hertz please think twice.

meaning even if you let them deduct the full tank money still cant take back your deposit?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Usually most rental/leasing arrangements are borrow full, return full policy. Some may write it down, some may not.

meaning even if you let them deduct the full tank money still cant take back your deposit?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers
No they do not want to release the deposit even though the dispute amount is S$141 for petrol. By right they should release the deposit minus the petrol.

Usually most rental/leasing arrangements are borrow full, return full policy. Some may write it down, some may not.

It should be based on contract and not "usually" and besides it is a 3 years long lease and not a short term lease.

Its not the petrol but actually is the attitude of the General Manager who is so arrogant and he is hurting Hertz reputation. He does not keen to discuss but rise his voice and said "I do not to talk to you". Good luck that Hertz has such a person to manage the company. He is not fit to be in the customer service business.

I decided to cancel my bmw purchase but was told that i cannot get back my deposit unless I find some buyer to take over. Can anyone advise what can I do ? Thanks

Don’t think there’s other choice. It’s stated on the contract when you signed on it and paid the deposit.

You could find another buyer, probably by offering some discount.

I would transfer my deposit with $2k discount to any bmw buyer. If any member or your friends interested pls contact me.

One way is to ask your SE to help. It will be easy with so many buyers. Furthermore with the discount. Good luck.

Whiskie: Agreed.
If members have friends wanted to buy bmw pls let me know I am prepare give more than $2K discount.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveRogerss
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back