Need Help

cOLOr_pEnCiL

Hi all, I'm currently a Lexus owner in the mist of switching over to an E60. I have some enquiries about the car but due to the posting restrictions, I can only post here. Hope the gurus can help me clear my doubts.

1. How do I differentiate an original M5 rims and a replica? What is the size, width and offset of the original?

2. How do I differentiate an original M5 kit and a replica?

3. What is the difference between an 2005 E60 523 and 2005 E60 525?

4. Last but not least, I noticed LCI is mentioned in alot of threads. What does LCI means?

Thanks for reading. Hope to be in the BMW family soon. Regards.

Re: Need Help

cOLOr_pEnCiL;634430 said:
Hi all, I'm currently a Lexus owner in the mist of switching over to an E60. I have some enquiries about the car but due to the posting restrictions, I can only post here. Hope the gurus can help me clear my doubts.

1. How do I differentiate an original M5 rims and a replica? What is the size, width and offset of the original? - Calling DASH and Wolf and Speeddream.............

2. How do I differentiate an original M5 kit and a replica? - Calling DASH and Wolf and Speeddream.............

3. What is the difference between an 2005 E60 523 and 2005 E60 525? - different in power...and some option stuff...

4. Last but not least, I noticed LCI is mentioned in alot of threads. What does LCI means? - Life Cycle Improvement

Hi CP,

welcome onboard....

cheers

cOLOr_pEnCiL;634430 said:

1. How do I differentiate an original M5 rims and a replica? What is the size, width and offset of the original?

4. Last but not least, I noticed LCI is mentioned in alot of threads. What does LCI means?

Welcome to the forum.

Bear in mind that BMW & Lexus are totalling different vehicles in term of quietness, cost of servicing & etc. BMW needs more TLC.

If possible, should get 525 rather than 523. Both cars are 2.5L. But 523 is a detuned 2.5L. I know there are aftermkt mod to increase 523 pwr. But the same mod also improve 525 pwr.

For information on wheel, check this out: Felgen-Katalog - BMW-Treff - der Treffpunkt für alle BMW-Fans und -Fahrer

Hello Color Pencil.

you will never go wrong with E60. this this a legendary car.
( becos I'm driving one. ;) )

let me help you with some of your questions.
my answers in blue.

Will the rims gurus here pls help give a thesis on it? thanks!

U cant really tell after its fitted on, becos some replicas, their fitmet accuracy can be up to 95%.
so naturally, to find out, its to look closely at the fitment of the body kit. the gaps of the each panel should be even. 1 very simple tell tale sign is the headlamp washer cover.
normally replicas cannot make them completely flush and aligned.

essentially the same engine, albeit different tuning.
the 523 churns out 177 horses vs 525's 218 horses
torque of 230Nm vs 250Nm

ah, this one i was also very confused by it when I was shopping for my BMW in 2008.
LCI simply means facelifted.
the LCI version of the e60 is those after 2007 June (or thereabouts) onwards.
comes with Electronic Gear stick, HID headlamps, LED taillamps, DRL and welcome lights, minor tweaking to the front and back bumpers, interior centre console and armrests design are different.
engine is tuned differently too... Eg. 523i is 177horse, while the 523i XL(LCI) is 190 horses.

welcome on board again, and we have an active bunch of e60ers here. :D
enjoy your shopping!!!

Hi CP, LCI in simple terms means face lifted.
Anyway, glad u ask about the rims. Especially offset, this one very important.

Thanks everyone for clearing my doubts. Anyway how much is a pair of E60 LCI tail lights? I am considering to get a E60 non LCI so thought of converting the tail lights to the LCI look. Is there any aftermarket brands or must I get the OEM? is it a plug and play? Thanks in advance.

Anyone can help? By the way does anyone purchase extended warranty from Khang Auto? Or anyone has a better recommendation for warranty purchase? Thanks and regards.

HI all! I am new to this forum! I am close to buying a 2005 BMW 320i and this will be my first BMW. Could some "guru" please advise the maintenance of "old" BMW specifically 320i? Many thanks!:shakebon:

LJK;636940 said:
HI all! I am new to this forum! I am close to buying a 2005 BMW 320i and this will be my first BMW. Could some "guru" please advise the maintenance of "old" BMW specifically 320i? Many thanks!:shakebon:

Hi LJK,

welcome onboard, but you hi-jack people's thread.......................Lolz
ok, usually older BMW, wear and tear parts are unvoidable, very much also depend on previous owner driving style and maintenance...................what's the mileage clock on this used 320i?

cheers

Hi ac323,

My apology...Din know I hijack other's thread!

The BMW I am looking at has 50,000km mileage and serviced by PML. Thanks!:shakebon:

LJK;637342 said:
Hi ac323,

My apology...Din know I hijack other's thread!

The BMW I am looking at has 50,000km mileage and serviced by PML. Thanks!:shakebon:

Hi LJK,

50,000km, should still be up and running....................just check its service history if possible...

cheers

cOLOr_pEnCiL;636321 said:
Thanks everyone for clearing my doubts. Anyway how much is a pair of E60 LCI tail lights? I am considering to get a E60 non LCI so thought of converting the tail lights to the LCI look. Is there any aftermarket brands or must I get the OEM? is it a plug and play? Thanks in advance.

Hi CP,

I got my non-LCI E60 last November. Did most of the mod to improve its performance except the LCI light... You can go Eng Soon to buy or sms Wilson (96905511) aka "The Great White", he also got M5 smg steering for E60. There are many threads on E60, if not come for tis month-end meet up to find out more :)

Lexus is a really differnet ride from BMW... you might miss the quietness in ur LEXUS... However BMW always give u the Best Handling n ride! Sheer Driving Pleasure....

Thanks everyone for your reply. Greatly appreciate it. Anyway can anyone assist me where can I find the colour code of a non-LCI E60? What I mean is which part of the car actually indicates the colour code. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhancom50

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back