Need some advise for tire dimension and rims

Puffer

Hi all. I'm getting a F10 F23i in Nov from PML. want to change my rims/tires.

Been looking at the BBS CHR for my imperial blue F10 and shortlisted PSS or S001 tires from South Asia.

am looking at getting a 19 inch but not sure shld i go staggered or not.

Can any bros here advise me on this and also tire choices in terms of the dimension and brands etc.

I don't need a very aggressive setup and risk warrnty issue later on(if ever got problems)

Thanks in advance.

Re: Need some advise for tire dimension and rims

Puffer;695635 said:
Hi all. I'm getting a F10 F23i in Nov from PML. want to change my rims/tires.

Been looking at the BBS CHR for my imperial blue F10 and shortlisted PSS or S001 tires from South Asia.

am looking at getting a 19 inch but not sure shld i go staggered or not.

Can any bros here advise me on this and also tire choices in terms of the dimension and brands etc.

I don't need a very aggressive setup and risk warrnty issue later on(if ever got problems)

Thanks in advance.

Hi Puffer,

can try: 245 35 19 front and rear 275 30 19....
i would go for PSS.........

cheers

COol ! appreciate your reply very much. Can i ask so these are the so called ''recommended by manufacturer'' settings right?

CH R not ugly right?

oh PI tyres are gd enough right?

Hi Puffer,

Staggered will definitely give more proper look as it will even fender gap between rear and front. If i were you I would go 20s, with 245/35 and 285/30 lowered with springs.. :D

Puffer;695652 said:
COol ! appreciate your reply very much. Can i ask so these are the so called ''recommended by manufacturer'' settings right?

CH R not ugly right?

oh PI tyres are gd enough right?

Hi Puffer,

CH R is nice but then again rims design is very personal..........................................

cheers

Sigz.. I wont lower the car given singapore terrain... Sure scratch until song song...but i appreciate the advise given.

I have thought hard abt 20"... But also need to consider wife driving plus i just thought at least for 19" the ride wont be too harsh...i can see a lot of bros here do 20" rims. Am i the only one who choose a 19" rim?

By the way BBS is german made right? And PI tyres are also europe made right?

another qn...is it true if i change to BBS 19'' + non-RFT, the weight will be lighter than the 18' stock rim + RFT?

if bbs forged, definitely yes
i think bbs ch-r is cast but i guess it's as heavy as or slightly (minimal) lighter than 18" stock + rft

Puffer;695736 said:
another qn...is it true if i change to BBS 19'' + non-RFT, the weight will be lighter than the 18' stock rim + RFT?

AH.....then i shld look for forged rims to get lighter and better FC right?

unless you drive for many years on the same set of wheel to recover the outright cost for the sibei expensive bbs forged vs cast :lol:

just go with your heart what you like and want :D
i will just forget better FC but forged is indeed stronger and lighter for consideration but again it's sibei expensive (opps perhaps it's sibei cheap for some)

Puffer;695747 said:
AH.....then i shld look for forged rims to get lighter and better FC right?

Last edited by a moderator:

ac323;695658 said:
Hi Puffer,

CH R is nice but then again rims design is very personal..........................................

cheers

^ +1, Puffer which color do you after? For me Silver is way to go whereas the satin black have a silver lines which gives smaller look IMO

wt_know;695769 said:
unless you drive for many years on the same set of wheel to recover the outright cost for the sibei expensive bbs forged vs cast :lol:

just go with your heart what you like and want :D
i will just forget better FC but forged is indeed stronger and lighter for consideration but again it's sibei expensive (opps perhaps it's sibei cheap for some)

^ + agreed :D

Ok make a couple of calls just now to leong seng and South east....

got quotes for

FF 245/40/19
RF 275/35/19

what do you guys think of this dimension? comfort?

I will defintely go for silver and not black because my car is imperial blue...black looks funny...Don't ask me why never choose sapphire black...haha...just want a change as current ride is black and always kanna birdshit.( EVEN IN MSCP which is shaded). wanted to ask if got titanium colour as ready stock...

sounds silly...but i am thinking of installing pro dub rim protector.. forget to ask them if i can buy and bring there to install as we change the rim.

Hey, I don't think Produb is silly at all. If you've been to the underground carpark at Brewerks and have a seen a bloody chio dark grey 335 with the freaking sui DPE with PINK Produb, you'd know what I mean ;)

What do u think guys?

IMG_0439.jpg

Sorry I didn't ask permission to take the photo. Yr car and the rims and the pink pro dub are juz so freaking chio :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Borrowed pics from neighbor forum, just to give you idea how BBS CH R 19" looks on F10

Looks great to me :D

attachment.php

Thanks...makes me feel better with 19....got 20?

u saw the tire specs? 245/40/19 FF and 275/35/19 RF ok? i noted AC323 recommended almost similar but is 35 and 30 VS 40 and 35...what is the difference i shld expect?

sigz...cannot la...later 20inch not so comfy for my baby girl.....

Puffer;695736 said:
your combi BBS-CHR and nonRFT sure lighter than your stock rim and RFT
CHR is cast but light weight too and normal tyre is lighter than RFT too
But come to FC is subjective.
ever hear people changed from 17 to 18 FC is 10% improved.
reason is the new 18 tyre has a lower rolling resistance(still a performace tyre) thus imporove FC

jylam said:
Hey, I don't think Produb is silly at all. If you've been to the underground carpark at Brewerks and have a seen a bloody chio dark grey 335 with the freaking sui DPE with PINK Produb, you'd know what I mean ;)

What do u think guys?

IMG_0439.jpg

Sorry I didn't ask permission to take the photo. Yr car and the rims and the pink pro dub are juz so freaking chio :)
Ha I know the owner of this car !!!

Puffer;696344 said:
Thanks...makes me feel better with 19....got 20?

u saw the tire specs? 245/40/19 FF and 275/35/19 RF ok? i noted AC323 recommended almost similar but is 35 and 30 VS 40 and 35...what is the difference i shld expect?

Tire specs for f10 shld be the following

Front 245/40/19 Rear 275/35/19

If you go with smaller 35 and 30 you are decreasing the overall size of your wheel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789wintoday

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back