Need some inputs on my ride

Arsony said:
In the first place, if you use spacers, you will need to use longer screws! Logical what

Spacer is usually not recommended cos funny as it may be, u don find screw that will be slightly longer for that matter...

U will realised that when u buy rims, they come with the screws and this screw takes into the consideration the amount of thread you have at the hub and add on the amount of metal there is at the rim, working out the total length. If u add a spacer of say 6mm to push the rim sit wider, u effectively shorten the thread by 6mm and u will need a lot of luck to find screw that will be additional 6mm longer.....

Also by adding spacer, the geometry of the car is upsetted. The wheel sits on the outermost edge of the rear control arm, which is pivoted near to the centre of the car. Increasing the length ( in this case, further away from the pivot) will increase the moment arm of the pivot. The formula for Moment arm is F x length x length /2 and increase of 6mm is quite a fair bit to the additional moment taken by the arm since it's to the power of 2. And all these increase will be absorbed by the spring and shock, which also increases their stress level and in return, a shorter lifespan...

Also, the rear wheel sits at a negative camber of about 1 degree and that is with respect to the distance from the pivot of the control arm to the wheel hub and moving it further away increases the angle. This can of course be brought back to spec but u will have to work out the correct degree when the wheel has been moved out by the spacer thickness.

Last but not least, the material of the spacer is very important since if the material is weaker than the screw torque, the spacer might be effectively be compressed and if the 5 wheel nut is of different torque, then the spacer will be compressed at different degree and u might just ended up with the wheel not pointing straight and wobble during high speed.....

:roll:

piggyboyz said:
Arsony said:
In the first place, if you use spacers, you will need to use longer screws! Logical what

Spacer is usually not recommended cos funny as it may be, u don find screw that will be slightly longer for that matter...

U will realised that when u buy rims, they come with the screws and this screw takes into the consideration the amount of thread you have at the hub and add on the amount of metal there is at the rim, working out the total length. If u add a spacer of say 6mm to push the rim sit wider, u effectively shorten the thread by 6mm and u will need a lot of luck to find screw that will be additional 6mm longer.....

Also by adding spacer, the geometry of the car is upsetted. The wheel sits on the outermost edge of the rear control arm, which is pivoted near to the centre of the car. Increasing the length ( in this case, further away from the pivot) will increase the moment arm of the pivot. The formula for Moment arm is F x length x length /2 and increase of 6mm is quite a fair bit to the additional moment taken by the arm since it's to the power of 2. And all these increase will be absorbed by the spring and shock, which also increases their stress level and in return, a shorter lifespan...

Also, the rear wheel sits at a negative camber of about 1 degree and that is with respect to the distance from the pivot of the control arm to the wheel hub and moving it further away increases the angle. This can of course be brought back to spec but u will have to work out the correct degree when the wheel has been moved out by the spacer thickness.

Last but not least, the material of the spacer is very important since if the material is weaker than the screw torque, the spacer might be effectively be compressed and if the 5 wheel nut is of different torque, then the spacer will be compressed at different degree and u might just ended up with the wheel not pointing straight and wobble during high speed.....

:roll:

Hey bro,

Thanks for explanation. I think I see the light.. But wah, damn cheem. So in the end, I just got to live with it lah. But somehow the BBS and HM2 rims seem to look more "offset-ed" hor???

TripleM said:
Doc,
As for the front to look lowerr...the solution doesnt exactly lie on lowering the bumper further by extending the add-on lip...Rather, it is the suspension..I believe your's must be at least 3 fingers gap.
I suppose you can change the spring to lower it and you are all set.
Can't imagine if one's front has 4 fingers gap and yet the bumper almost touches the ground....looks weird, doesnt it?

Regarding the rear,...fully agreed with Arsony's point.

Quad exhaust?...Scrap that idea lah if it's just for dummy.
Leave it as it is , or if u want a complete AC Theme, then get the tailpipe.

Decals ?...Think looks nice, not excessive this time. Your current ride has mellowed down enough if you wanna compare with your previous hahaha...

Gd luck bro
Meet up this coming w/e...Guess you can hear out more comments live

Cheers

Hey bro, agree with you man. But I cant just lower the front only rite??? :screwedu: :screwedu:

But very scared to compromise comfort. Like you said, my ride more mellow loh No loud exhaust. No loud sticker. :( :(

Decals... oh oh.. Got new project coming.. kekeke mebbe show you this weekend.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SMYUEN said:
TripleM said:
Doc,
As for the front to look lowerr...the solution doesnt exactly lie on lowering the bumper further by extending the add-on lip...Rather, it is the suspension..I believe your's must be at least 3 fingers gap.
I suppose you can change the spring to lower it and you are all set.
Can't imagine if one's front has 4 fingers gap and yet the bumper almost touches the ground....looks weird, doesnt it?

Regarding the rear,...fully agreed with Arsony's point.

Quad exhaust?...Scrap that idea lah if it's just for dummy.
Leave it as it is , or if u want a complete AC Theme, then get the tailpipe.

Decals ?...Think looks nice, not excessive this time. Your current ride has mellowed down enough if you wanna compare with your previous hahaha...

Gd luck bro
Meet up this coming w/e...Guess you can hear out more comments live

Cheers

Hey bro, agree with you man. But I cant just lower the front only rite??? :screwedu: :screwedu:

But very scared to compromise comfort. Like you said, my ride more mellow loh No loud exhaust. No loud sticker. :( :(

Decals... oh oh.. Got new project coming.. kekeke mebbe show you this weekend.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oi!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wavey:

Your Car is "CARE-BRIO-LEH" hor......not "rice mobil"...... :laughlik:

Subtle....subtle..... :thumbsup:

TobyNik,

Bro,

Simi see "rice mobile". catch no ball leh?

ok ok ok subtle subtle. I scared afterwards so subtle until Kua Boh.

Try try lah..not nice take out loh!

Yummy...
:dance: :dance: :dance:

Ok, so I guess this friday I will try and bargain for rock bottom prices for AC tail pipe and AC boot lip spoiler. Try my luck see if they got soft top sharkie or not. :naughty: :naughty:

Type IV rims????

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

My doc fren..
Rice mobile or the person rice-boy is a stereotype. The typical Rice-Boy can be identified by his car, or rather what he does to it. Generally, Rice-Boy will start out with a car that was not meant to go fast , and attempt to "fix it up," usually consisting of aftermarket rims, lowering springs and an aftermarket exhaust system with a large exhaust tip bla bla bla..

And one of the worst things that cud happen is what is under the bonnet of Rice-Boy's Car
Of course, most of the modifications done by Rice-Boy do not actually increase the performance of his car by any significant amount, but rather, try to give the appearance of high-performance. What most Rice-Boys seem to not know is that many of the things they do to their cars to make them faster actually hurt the performance.

So, it's a bit like a no-no but then it's one's choice so whatever...

if you're really so concerned about ride height and looks, then you should go and buy a height-adjustable coilover. otherwise you'll never achieve the proper look with any aftermarket set of springs.

OOOOIIII!!! SO TOBYNIK SAYING I RICE BOY IS IT??
:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

:shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

Racebred said:
if you're really so concerned about ride height and looks, then you should go and buy a height-adjustable coilover. otherwise you'll never achieve the proper look with any aftermarket set of springs.

That means such stuff dont compromise comfort so much isit?

Re: Need some inputs on my ride

kenntona said:
SMYUEN said:
I just feel the front skirt is a bit too high off the ground and the wheel arch doesnt look so filled. My front slightly more than 2 fingers. Dont you think the front skirt should skim lower? Too bad I cant show you the rear - the AC rear skirt makes the wheel look puny leh.

I'd supposed you are using 18" wheels. Guess it is our infection from the mod virus playing tricks on our eyes - the wheels always look small.

I'd think your front skirt is okay.

Hahaha.. mebbe you are rite. If i had a choice would go for 20inches heh!
You think my front skirt ok? hmm... (deep in thought.. :| )

Racebred said:
KW1 is actually quite comfortable.

Wud u recommend KW3 or PSS9 for my ride?

Yes I have...thks
Will prob see her sometime in near future. :)

SMYUEN said:

Aiyo! No lah! :laughlik:

You never take medication today, ah? :)

So angry one.......... :whattheh:

Anyway......AC Tip should go well with your rear AC lower lip.....

Cheers!

Re: Need some inputs on my ride

SMYUEN said:
kenntona said:
SMYUEN said:
I just feel the front skirt is a bit too high off the ground and the wheel arch doesnt look so filled. My front slightly more than 2 fingers. Dont you think the front skirt should skim lower? Too bad I cant show you the rear - the AC rear skirt makes the wheel look puny leh.

I'd supposed you are using 18" wheels. Guess it is our infection from the mod virus playing tricks on our eyes - the wheels always look small.

I'd think your front skirt is okay.

Hahaha.. mebbe you are rite. If i had a choice would go for 20inches heh!
You think my front skirt ok? hmm... (deep in thought.. :| )

increasing size of wheels just means usual lower profile tires rite? so overall rolling diameter is somewhat constant, so in actual fact we can go 235/25/22 hahaha

TobyNik said:
SMYUEN said:

Aiyo! No lah! :laughlik:

You never take medication today, ah? :)

So angry one.......... :whattheh:

Anyway......AC Tip should go well with your rear AC lower lip.....

Cheers!

hehe... just pulling your leg and pretending to be furious. :laughlik: :laughlik:

See you on sunday? you coming?

TripleM said:
Yes I have...thks
Will prob see her sometime in near future. :)

Bro, heard the GCs are quite good... they have 3 models ranging from US999 to US1,999. The most expensive one comes with souble adjustable with front struts and single adjustable rears.

generally, if you want to go into both bump and rebound adjustments on your dampers, you really need a lot of time and money to carefully tune it.

same qn as the others who want to change suspension is: what do you plan to achieve with your new suspension?

in my opinion, if you go for KW3, you want the adjustability to tackle different types of tracks. and then another setting for the road. there's going to be a lot of time spent to fine-tune both the bump and rebound settings for the track. You need to go for a track session, come back singapore uninstall the shocks, retune, go back to track another day, etc same cycle.

i feel only the hardest-core track junkie will be willing to go through all these. i sure wouldnt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogohiephienvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back