Need your help/suggestions!

jakey

hey guys! i am planning to have my wheels painted to gunmetal... i just want to know what kind of shade is perfect for Imola Red (color of my car)??? if you can help me on this, i would really appreciate it.

oh, do any of you know any links wherein i can check for the different kind of shades for gunmetal?

hope to hear from anyone soon! thanks!

Re: Need your help/suggestions!

jakey said:
hey guys! i am planning to have my wheels painted to gunmetal... i just want to know what kind of shade is perfect for Imola Red (color of my car)??? if you can help me on this, i would really appreciate it.

oh, do any of you know any links wherein i can check for the different kind of shades for gunmetal?

hope to hear from anyone soon! thanks!

Dude... go down to Yew Lip... it's stated in our SG.Workshops... she's got all types of colours and shades... trust me.. u'll be there for quite some time.. haha... im sure angie has the colour u want.... Gd Luck ! :)

And when u send the rims for respraying, ensure u remove ur tires for a better result, else next time u wanna change tires, all those paint along outter lips are goin to flake off like dried sotong

If u hv more money to spend, powdercoat it...
Swee2x...

If u tell em Gunmetal, I dont think they know what u mean, likely u will be given some color chart..
Else there could be other cars there with similar colors that u might like..

Gd Luck...
Wot rims u have btw?

powdercoat it like TripleM.. damn nice sia. hahahha.

you have an M3?

thanks for the inputs guys! TripleM, im running oh Hamann HM2's! unfortunately, im from the philippines.. i wish i could follow your advice shaaz and I WISH i owned an M3!!! is there any particular shade that fits the color of my car? a couple of friends of mine here in manila told me to have the spokes painted first then work my way out to the lip. im actually torn because a part of me wants to paint the whole thing BUT i also find leaving the lip untouched pretty damn nice as well!

i plan to do more research on this and any more inputs would be super appreciated!

jakey said:
thanks for the inputs guys! TripleM, im running oh Hamann HM2's! unfortunately, im from the philippines.. i wish i could follow your advice shaaz and I WISH i owned an M3!!! is there any particular shade that fits the color of my car? a couple of friends of mine here in manila told me to have the spokes painted first then work my way out to the lip. im actually torn because a part of me wants to paint the whole thing BUT i also find leaving the lip untouched pretty damn nice as well!

i plan to do more research on this and any more inputs would be super appreciated!

Hi Jakey,

Sorry i did not know you were frm MANILA!!.. hahaha.. ok .. anyways.. IMO, i think you should just do the spokes, always leave the lip out... much much better, make things simpler yea... saying ur car is jet black, red, or basically dark colours.. i think for the wheels... you should go with a lighter shade of gunmetal, but then again ur one tone of gunmetal which is pretty dark also will look good on ur car BECAUSE of the LIP... remember... it makes hell of a diff dude.

Saying ur car is silver, steel grey and lighter shades of colours... then it's a must for you to go dark on ur rims man!!.... it'll look good which ever way u do it , gd luck man.. do show us the final results ya?.... REM just dun paint the lip!!!!!hahaha.. only spokes k?

Shaaz.

Shaaz,

Thanks really for the info bro! I will keep that in mind. Anyways, a friend of mine painted his HM2's recently and i told him do make my car look like it had gunmetal rims through photoshop. I am attaching an image of it, please tell me what you think! He, like what you mentioned, left the lip untouched too.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back