New 318 noisy idle

Re: New 318 noisy idle

davidtch;571584 said:
U should check N52 during idling. It is silent. It is even quieter than a merc.

For all BMW 4 pot, it is always the clattering sound during idling. It has been there since E30 (that's the earliest i heard).

ya, N52 realli quiet.
Listen to the current 730 and 523 and you'll understand

Hi guys.... ni have just got myself a 19 years old e36 and unfortunately when i leave engine on idling there is s super obvious loud te te te te te sound. mechanic told me that this is cos of the kon dok or tat pat they said. i can kinda still hear it even when i am driving. idling worst.. cos its super loud... please help to advise if there is anything i can do to reduce the noise or does it need any repair or something??? Please help!!!

Thanks!

Petmail;578024 said:
Hi guys.... ni have just got myself a 19 years old e36 and unfortunately when i leave engine on idling there is s super obvious loud te te te te te sound. mechanic told me that this is cos of the kon dok or tat pat they said. i can kinda still hear it even when i am driving. idling worst.. cos its super loud... please help to advise if there is anything i can do to reduce the noise or does it need any repair or something??? Please help!!!

Thanks!
I presumed u r talking about E36 318. IMHO, u have not done proper homework b4 u buy. It is normal & nothing can be done to reduce it. This is the main reason i siam 4 pot.

will engine damper/cover work for this case? since my ride dun even have one..

save your money for other mods.
that small piece cover does nothing more than an eye candy.

dantito;578153 said:
will engine damper/cover work for this case? since my ride dun even have one..

Last edited by a moderator:

I dun know abt all these... Just thought this is a really good buy... But I dun hear such noise in other 318i leh... Haiz... Thought it's really thunderous to hear all these noises around... Sianz!!!

hmmm. seems like mine is the only 6potter with this issue. It was really silent when new.

beeth9;578750 said:
hmmm. seems like mine is the only 6potter with this issue. It was really silent when new.

Hi beeth,

how old is your ride? mileage?

cheers

4+ yrs. 53K km. After the last outside oil and filter change... The sound is more like hitting on a cymbal "tsk tsk tsk".

wt_know;578754 said:
perhaps it's engine mount give way.

53000km give way??? so fast?

cheers

beeth9;578753 said:
4+ yrs. 53K km. After the last outside oil and filter change... The sound is more like hitting on a cymbal "tsk tsk tsk".

better to have it check....

cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
333wincomco
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back