• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

New 630 or used 645ci ?

Re: New 630 or used 645ci ?

SMYUEN;150275 said:
I think you mean V8??

but why do you say this? I tend to have the same feeling cos BMW is stil not famed in making V8's....

but in the horsepower war, may have no choice but to go higher displacement in vee...

what do you think?

No, I really meant 6cyls cars...IL-6 vs V-6 for BMWs.

For bhp wars, Forced Induction is the King...eg Bugatti Veyron's Quad Turbos producing 1000bhp....No N.A road going cars have reached that level yet as far as I know....

TripleM;150723 said:
No, I really meant 6cyls cars...IL-6 vs V-6 for BMWs.

For bhp wars, Forced Induction is the King...eg Bugatti Veyron's Quad Turbos producing 1000bhp....No N.A road going cars have reached that level yet as far as I know....

i thnk the closest is the ferrari FXX which is NA if i am not mistaken and that gives you well abt 800Hp. 798BHP to be exact. and 690nm of torque. Not very far from the Veyron but of course Veyron still reigns superior.

SMYUEN;150220 said:
i never had a chance to drive a 645ci... but i heard someone mention before but the car isnt as fast it should be? (which surprised me as well) perhaps becos of the auto box? wonder if any 645 owners can share their experience...

I have test-driven one. It is kinda hard to describe. It is fast but doesn't feel fast (until u check the speedometer). It doesn't feel like a sub-6 sec car, probably coz I didn't launch here or there keke. Car is big from outside but internal dimensions so so. Boot is quite generous though on the shallow side.

Would I love to have one? Not really. It doesn't feel very zippy to me.

But the purring V8 is nice to hear when revved hard. :yummie:

Just being curious... How come no one designed/built in line-8 engines?
Possible?

TripleM;150721 said:
Of course V engines for 8 cyl, no dispute, else how can u make In line-8 for mass road going production cars?

U hv to think bout the dimension of the car, the handing, the cost amongst other things...

If u recall for front Engine cars, putting an engine slightly behind the front axle is going to be better for weight distribution and handling...Bearing that in mind, can u visualize how IL-8 is gonna be like? First, engine is big and long...not possible to put it in transverse configuration..., ur next best choice is probably longitudinal but then that will bring you to the next question with regard to mounting and weight distribution of the car. I m not even talking bout the feasibility of building the engine just yet...

So, to sum it up...it doesnt work.

totally agreed on the handling side of the porsche, it stick to the ground like magnet to metal.

the 645 to be frank is not a fast car via pickup but give me the highway, it rules w/o much problem, handling wise is not that strong either but we must remember it is a GT and not a sports car

I loves porsche's but my point is to get the top of the range to ensure that u are not losing out on wat is the car built for, in fact I am still thinking whether i should place a deposit for a GT3 but the downside is 2 years waiting list or order my C2S (manual) which takes about 6 months.

My car does not have any idle problem but definitely more power is needed as the car is pretty heavy at 1.8 ton hence slow pickup (sub 6 sec)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back