New Addition

Re: New Addition

delrosa81;274302 said:
Ah finally, after ding ding dong dongs here and there, wanna cancel booking, wanna book other cars then finally made up my mind and go ahead with the E90 purchase! I be collecting my new car this coming Fri evening at Sime Darby! Looking forward to meeting up with the rest of the BMW forum bros soon!
eh, how come one month ago say book car, today say almost wanna cancel booking? but good thing u did not do that...counting down ya?

MANdameus;266290 said:
HI There,

I am a newbie too,

Just collect my E93 325i Cab 2 weeks ago.

Hope to meet up with you guys in the forum one of these days and learn more about how to mod a BM.

Any ideas on how I should Mod my car?

Cheers

You can ask Kentona for some good idea, you don't have to crack your head of what to do, just follow what he suggest!

gadgets;274320 said:
eh, how come one month ago say book car, today say almost wanna cancel booking? but good thing u did not do that...counting down ya?

Cos a few days after I booked my car, went to see IS250 and C-Class, then quite like the IS250, so decided on the IS250, very fickle minded la, ding dong here and there, a few weeks passed then finally confirmed on the Bimmer bro.

You mean onces you booked the car, they allow you to cancel the car meh?

IS250 was not even on my shopping list.. while you get a bigger and quieter engine, i don't really find that translate to a wuicker drive. Which leads me to think, perhaps the power lost in the transmission is rather high.

I was decided on the C class actually.. but my wife, who drives the car most often didn't like it at all... she prefers a beamer... so i guess a 320 it is... come to think of it... i should have cough up the 14k more and get the 323 at least... after one month, i do find that the 320 is abit "subdue" in its pick up. Acceleration on the move is ok though...

Overall, i think the beamer's handling is still one of the best i have tried... The only other car that i think the handling is sweeter than the 3 series is the TT coupe, the TT drives almost like a gokart... sharp turning very little over/under steer and body roll...

And nope... i have not had the chance to drive any super cars... so not comparing to those...

henry2703;274639 said:
IS250 was not even on my shopping list.. while you get a bigger and quieter engine, i don't really find that translate to a wuicker drive. Which leads me to think, perhaps the power lost in the transmission is rather high.

Overall, i think the beamer's handling is still one of the best i have tried... The only other car that i think the handling is sweeter than the 3 series is the TT coupe, the TT drives almost like a gokart... sharp turning very little over/under steer and body roll...

The IS250 is very heavy at 1.6++ tons. That's where all the power went. The IS250 shares the platform with the GS class, therefore, it is heavy. The 3-series is slightly lighter - bespoke chassis. The transmission on the IS250 is competitive with the 3-series transmission save the 335i trans ... which is godly.

In the same class of car, the C-class with adaptative suspension (advanced dynamics package I think) handles significantly flatter and better than the 3-series. This is an option. But not too expensive - S$5K i think.

delrosa81;274628 said:
Cos a few days after I booked my car, went to see IS250 and C-Class, then quite like the IS250, so decided on the IS250, very fickle minded la, ding dong here and there, a few weeks passed then finally confirmed on the Bimmer bro.
like henry asked, can canc booking one meh? not unless u willing to part with deposit of $15k?

henry2703;274639 said:
come to think of it... i should have cough up the 14k more and get the 323 at least... after one month, i do find that the 320 is abit "subdue" in its pick up. Acceleration on the move is ok though...
i had the same feeling too soon after i got my bimmer...but taking it as a first step for the subsequent upgrade to BE92NG mobile! :yummie:

gadgets;274808 said:
like henry asked, can canc booking one meh? not unless u willing to part with deposit of $15k?

i had the same feeling too soon after i got my bimmer...but taking it as a first step for the subsequent upgrade to BE92NG mobile! :yummie:

My SE let me put a booking of 1K only, cos I wasnt that decided but I just wanted to secure the colour and interior colour I want, cos the 3 Series units sold very quickly. So thats why I had the tot of cancelling.

good thing you carried on with your purchase, othewise, 1k goes to SE as kopi money...if i'm not wrong, SE can help reserve colour for about 2 wks, or at least that was what happened to me with mine, without forking out any deposit.

so now counting down to the remaining hours before u have her this evening...hahaha

my case was pretty much the same...was not concentrating at work, only thinking about the time to feel my 'baby'. had wanted to take leave but used it for the next day instead to do my window tints.

gadgets;274911 said:
my case was pretty much the same...was not concentrating at work, only thinking about the time to feel my 'baby'. had wanted to take leave but used it for the next day instead to do my window tints.

Yeah, finally got my car last evening. Happened to be PML's DND and my SE was pretty glad to do a late delivery as he wanted to siam DND as well haha. Anyway, am enjoying my drive very much. Smooth, comfortable and the car looks really great! Now have to start shopping for big ass rims to cover those big ass wheel arches too! haha

Haha I had nothing to do so U dug up this topic man. Missed the days waiting for my new car then haha

Jadis;328040 said:
So Gary, your car back on the road again?

Sad to say not yet, still waiting....waiting for them to settle the papers. its taking damn long....

MANdameus;266290 said:
HI There,

I am a newbie too,

Just collect my E93 325i Cab 2 weeks ago.

Hope to meet up with you guys in the forum one of these days and learn more about how to mod a BM.

Any ideas on how I should Mod my car?

Cheers
Welcome!

"how shoud you mod you car" - that's a dangerous question in this forum. The question is how deep is your pocket :lol2:

delrosa81;328104 said:
Sad to say not yet, still waiting....waiting for them to settle the papers. its taking damn long....

Wah so long ah? Sorry to hear that bro.

Ah me digging up this thread again, reading old threads like this is very enjoyable haha. Makes me tink back of the just bought new car feeling again. Very nice sort of feeling. Now I have done some mods liao, just abit, quite like how it looks now. I wonder when can I have the feel of waiting to collect new car again man hahahahaha :lol2:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downloadvn24h
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back