• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

NEw Advise on buying New 523i or Used 523i?

bmwspk

Hi all,

I am a newbie here. I've just decided to get myself a 523i but i need some advise from bros out there on whether to buy a New or Used one? Pls give me some advise. Appreciate and Thanks... :wavey:

Re: NEw Advise on buying New 523i or Used 523i?

I got the chance to drive a new 523i for 6days... thanks to PML as they are sponsoring the ASEAN Crew of Clipper Round the World. Currently the Yachts are at Kapple Marina so feel free to check out the race yachts. Or you may also withness the departure on Sunday morning at 10am.

With regards to the E60 523i

Its a powerful car with very smooth 6speed smart gearbox. Interior and features are basic if you have own a BMW. Ride is very smooth even with run flat tyres 225 50 17 and the 6 potters 2.5 engine consume average of 15l per 100km on city drive but once on highway it can do 8l per 100km

Here are what I like

1. Powerful smooth engine
2. Smart and ultra smooth 6 speed gearbox, its very responsive also.
3. Bright HID and smart iDrive system
4. Good support and comfort on driver and front passenger elect seats
5. New rear LED light is COOL
6. Road handling is superior then X5, X3, E90 and much better then E39
7. Parking Distance Assist is Superb, the worse drive also can park this car!
8. Nice feel from the streering as it keep you contact with the road yet light when in parking lot
9. Managed to open doors at many 5 stars hotels including Raffles ( We got free parking in front of Raffles)
10. Powerful brakes
11. Modern Design with luxury feel

Some areas of improvement
1. Rear seats comfort is not as good as the Merc E260 K or AUDI A8
2. Sound system is not at par or better then the Merc but almost to Volvo S80
3. Fuel consumtion is poor compare to E260 K as both offer same power
4. Comfort is poor if compare to Merc E220 K
5. Features and price .. Merc E260 K offer more features at the same price, such as side widown blind, and etcs
6. Electronic gear level look like a toy, lack of quality feel
7. No sunroof
8. Air-con vent still blow air to driver hand (Due to location of vents)
9. Too many gray importers with cheap Japan spec E60 which offer more features at bargain proce.
10. Over sensitive brake even it is powerful and grippy.

Above comment is based on personal review... correct me if I have mentioned anything wrong above.

if its ur 1st car then buy a relatively new used car ie 1yr old with low mileage. the 1st owner takes the most loss.

If you decided to get a used E60, do check with the service centre on the compatibiliy of their equipments to your car. There a known issue of problems with Japanese imports.

If buying used, go the newest preloved you can find; that way the specs are closest to the current model and you'd probably agonise less over why you didn't buy new. On top of that save on first year's depreciation.

Get a resale coz the new 5 series is due in 2009/10, this way u wouldn't feel depress when the new one come out, look out for pre FL model coz the M54 engine can mod to 50/80 or more horses, best of all go for the 530 the finest and most powerful of the 6 cylinder engine. GOOD LUCK!

Hi all.. thx for all ur advise. For used 523i, i m actually looking at the late 2007 batch but i doubt anyone will be selling so soon esp when the colour i preferred is White. Anyway, just visited PML today and below are the prices they offered...

- 520i (Airshow)
Priced at - $168'800
OverTrade - $12'800
After OverTrade - $156'000

- 523i (Pre Oct'07)
(W/O suction doors, and active head rest)
Priced at - $181'800
OverTrade - $14'800
After OverTrade - $167'000

- 523i (Post Oct'07)
Priced at - $183'800
OverTrade - $12'800
After OverTrade - $171'000

Prices are still neg i think cos they are pushing their quota for Jan'08. Tomorrow will be the last day for registrations to enjoy this promotion. Anyone can share their views which is more worth it?

easily the 523i is the best value. suction doors are just another part that can go faulty, adn the 520i is very underequipped.

BMW SPK -- Hope you got the car of your dreams.

PML sales personnel are very good....always telling us tomorrow is the last day.

For example, we bought a 'latest by 31st Dec' car offer on the 3rd of Jan.

As for the 2 varieties, I'd go for the one that's better equipped. The OMV ought to be higher too. All this helps when its time to trade up in future.

have driven both the 520 and 523... big difference in terms of ride comfort (mainly from the noisy under powered engine of the 2L engine of 520i).

Go for the 523i and take the newer one available.

Hope you get your car soon.

Yeah and go install the sprintbooster - super shiok!

James - not seen your car le. Wife chope from you ah :)

bmwspk;296344 said:
Hi all.. thx for all ur advise. For used 523i, i m actually looking at the late 2007 batch but i doubt anyone will be selling so soon esp when the colour i preferred is White. Anyway, just visited PML today and below are the prices they offered...

- 520i (Airshow)
Priced at - $168'800
OverTrade - $12'800
After OverTrade - $156'000

- 523i (Pre Oct'07)
(W/O suction doors, and active head rest)
Priced at - $181'800
OverTrade - $14'800
After OverTrade - $167'000

- 523i (Post Oct'07)
Priced at - $183'800
OverTrade - $12'800
After OverTrade - $171'000

Prices are still neg i think cos they are pushing their quota for Jan'08. Tomorrow will be the last day for registrations to enjoy this promotion. Anyone can share their views which is more worth it?

My friend told me it's now $166k after overtrade. Likely due to the recent tax reductions.

check13;298146 said:
My friend told me it's now $166k after overtrade. Likely due to the recent tax reductions.

$166K? Is the the 523 Limosine or Highline?

Just buy a bimmer!

I just got a 523i after months of waiting. Initially wanting to buy a 2nd hand for too since the last 2 months. Understand that you are looking a white car. 3 days ago there was a white 523i that just come in at Preformance Premium. About 7 months old. I think the Price is about $156k (better check with the sale person- you can asked for Dawn. But be fast. The mileage is about 8k. as For me, at last I decided to purchase a new 523i and close the signing at $169800(including the $14k overtrade). This car is a model 08 although manufacture in Oct 07 and with suction door and head safety. I also got some goodies from my agent. I test drive a 2nd hand car but a brand new one have better acceleration and a 1 year old car prices is also not that cheap unless you direct from seller.

Hey.. thanks for the info.. I've decided to get the new one. Going down to PML next week to settle the paper works but before that can i ask wat other goodies did u get from ur SE? Can PM me so i can ask from mine SE for it too.. Thanks again.

how much did you buy the car? And what goodies did you get? As for me I got v-cool, mat and gps system. how about you? I thought the deal should be close by friday b4 the next bidding. Did you buy only or also sell a car through PM?

i got vkool only. my sales guy told me got gps system worth $2000+ given but during collection said gps was removed and only give me bluetooth device woth $100+. got conned as we agreed verbally without paperwork..sigh...

u got the gps free ah? u can view the map in the screen?how much u bot ur car for?

I have order but have not got the car. I bought the car at $170800. Waiting for the COE. Check with you how much did you buy the car for? I have sign the Paperwork already. I think you should still asked for you GPS and presure him or make a complain against you SE. I think the GPS cost less than $1k.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebai799com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back