New BMW 323 vs 2009 Lexus IS250

Re: New BMW 323 vs 2009 Lexus IS250

davidtch;424493 said:
If d seat is not firm, it will sag overtime. As d years go by, u will start to appreciate why the seat is so firm from day1.
dito.............

Thanks, so I think from the feedback, BMW seats are ok even for long drives.

I started with looking for 320i after the newspaper reported them going for $110k. It was to reward myself for working for 20 years :p

But after test-driving Lexus, I changed my target to a 323i instead.

Unfortunately, since PML is selling old stock, they do not have the colour of my choice for any of the 3 series except for a 335i. 335i would be uber cool but it would mean dipping into my reserves which may not be prudent knowing the economy may not recover for a long time.

Looks like I have to postpone my dream of owning a BMW for the time being but I am happy I tried and this forum has given me a lot of help. I'll probably wait until an irresistable offer comes along :)

hi, how much is the is250 going for? thanx.

ktnpl;424777 said:
Thanks, so I think from the feedback, BMW seats are ok even for long drives.

I started with looking for 320i after the newspaper reported them going for $110k. It was to reward myself for working for 20 years :p

But after test-driving Lexus, I changed my target to a 323i instead.

Unfortunately, since PML is selling old stock, they do not have the colour of my choice for any of the 3 series except for a 335i. 335i would be uber cool but it would mean dipping into my reserves which may not be prudent knowing the economy may not recover for a long time.

Looks like I have to postpone my dream of owning a BMW for the time being but I am happy I tried and this forum has given me a lot of help. I'll probably wait until an irresistable offer comes along :)

dsdfan;404162 said:
Just went on a test drive in the facelifted IS250. Like the facelifted 3 series, it is the same car repackaged with a new exterior: same engine, same suspension etc.,

It is noticeably quieter than my 1st generation IS250, due to extra layers sound insulation. Definitely, Lexus is pursuing a very different goal from BMW's 3 series. Disengagement vs. Engagement

I dun own a 323 but do let me share my experience since I have a '07 E90 320 and a '08 IS250 Lux in the family.

As a stock car, the IS250 may not have such an engaging ride as a stock E90 320.

This is where aftermarket parts comes in and Lexus has launched the F Sports range to cater to this grp of performance enthusiast.

Lexus F-Sport

My IS250 has upgraded Anti Roll Bars, F Sport Bilstein suspension, TOM'S chasis braces and struts and I dare say that after these mods, it handles much better than a stock 320.

Does it handle better than a 320 with the similar mods ? Unfortunately i cannot answer that qn as my 320 is bone stock.

BUT what i do know is that now my IS250 offers me a luxurious quiet ride to work and the Mark Levinson sound system is amazing for a factory fitted solution. I arrive at work fresh and ready to tackle the day's challanges. When the car is parked outdoors, i can simply turn on the air-conditioned seats and put up the rear blinds.

IS250 offers a high level of spec and luxury that BMW does but at a huge premium.

I'll choose my Jap IS250 anytime over the South African 320.

Just my personal view and wanted to share my comments since i own both makes

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uk88menu

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back