New iDrive

Re: New iDrive

No bro...not possible unless you want to pay heaps for someone to R&D for you. In the end, still not worth it. Why do you find the new iDrive to be so tempting?

ACS6;407528 said:
No bro...not possible unless you want to pay heaps for someone to R&D for you. In the end, still not worth it. Why do you find the new iDrive to be so tempting?

Precisely. I find it graphically aesthetic. But tahts abt it. I dont like the centre console cluttered with buttons and so I didnt wait to get the new idrive when i booked my car because at the end of the day, the idrive does not make a BMW. Plus BMWs new idrive would definitely be plagued by software issues. I may be wrong but the outgoign idrive seems to be quite reliable and that was prime.

Funny thing is I prefer the simpler one knob and one button setup...the graphis of the new one are nice, but that's about it for me too.

The original iDrive was what started it all. Simplicity is the key. Now every other car manufacturer jumps on every chance to jam in more buttons on top of everything. Just look at the newer model car steering wheels. OMG...the buttons, toggles and switches and roller buttons...what next? A keyboard, joystick and mouse on the steering wheel plus touch screen selector LCD? I like techy bits but there has got to be a limit.

The original iDrive, though not perfect, is sleek.

if only can remove all buttons and replace with a touch screen console.. that will be ideal, no buttons, toggles, etc

one-two;407962 said:
if only can remove all buttons and replace with a touch screen console.. that will be ideal, no buttons, toggles, etc

I think going touchscreen at the location of the Idrive instrument panel seems a safety issue. I am sure BMW would have thought abt this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arcade80

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back