New M3 Reviews

Re: New M3 Reviews

No chance. Welbo is the equivalent of Jack in the RS Department. Swears by it mate.

Hahaha...u know me well but dont be surprised that u see me in a 335i. Quite like the cabriolet. Dirty old man image fit me well. :)

Ahbengdriver;228630 said:
Thats why Intel is putting the procede inside their chip instead of a V8:)

:lol2::lol2::lol2:Very Soon..Much faster than you expect.

TripleM;228579 said:
It's that InLine S54 Powerplant that gives you the real rawness of M feel.
Fk, this engine was awesome. I m worshipping it.

Wheres Zuffenhausen by the way?:)

Welbo;228641 said:
Hahaha...u know me well but dont be surprised that u see me in a 335i. Quite like the cabriolet. Dirty old man image fit me well. :)

And very Beng as well...I like. Good for Mafia characters like me driving with a bald head, moustache and tattoes:)

Welbo;228641 said:

:lol2::lol2::lol2:I can bet my 335i u are gonna procede it.

Ahbengdriver;228980 said:
Oh....a Cayenne coming along eh:)
Leipzig is the place which Cayennes are made, alongside the CarreraGT and the future Panamera. For RHD Porsches, Zuffenhausen only makes ONE model, the 911.

Box, Cayman all made in Uusikaupunki, Finland, by Valmet (subcon), not Porsche.

Got the autocar comparison. Guess the outcome is pretty expected. Audi has really closed the gap.

But there is something really appealing about getting the car in alpine white with the carbon roof and a red leather interior....

BorisRS;230412 said:
But there is something really appealing about getting the car in alpine white with the carbon roof and a red leather interior....

The AW + CFRP roof is really 8)

I like this car, if only they throw more power into it. Maybe the DCT version will be much better. SO far the tests are all on manual cars.

Talking with a US VP in my company the other day, he drives a 911 and he said only the REAL porkers are made in Zuffenhausen, all others are pretenders...hah hah

Your US VP is pretty old skool lah. So the Carrera GT is not a real porker. And the cayman and box, which are just scaled down CGT built to a budget, is also not a real porker.

IMHO, Porsche has the same dilemma as the M3 with the 911. Damnit it is hard to build them anymore, but still they have to because of the halo effect of it.

Came across this over the weekend at Phuket......

Bangkok Post : Motoring

VERDICT
The M3 is living up to expectations of BMW's high-performance car division. It has got the basics right: bold appearance, yet restrained enough in the M understatement way, huge amount of power with a chassis to properly handle it.

The Americans - the main target of the M3 - will definitely like this new beast not merely because of that magical V8 number, but the way the car drives: effortless, refined and practical as a coup?. Oh, where are those cupholders?

But cultured drivers are in for a slight disappointment. The M3 has lost some rawness, the ease of reaching the limits of the chassis and the inability of exploiting the car's performance to the fullest. In other words, the M3 isn't as intoxicating or fun as before.

But the new M3 is what, without doubt, many average buyers would fall for: a truly easy and comfortable sports car to live with, with supercar performance credentials making it appear that a rift seems to be taking place between engineers at BMW and M.

The 335i, though one-fourth less powerful and cheaper than the M3, still does a decent job in attracting buyers needing to go fast in comfort. Factor in the 335i's twin-turbocharged inline-six engine, which is already explosive in real-world driving conditions, accomplished ride and handling factors, and you have more than a fair match.

We might have to mince our words when we said last year that the M3 would be the answer for those finding the 335i too meek when actually, after driving the M3, the 335i is still no slouch.

Calling the M3 a top-end 3-series wearing the nonexistent 340i badge may sound a little blasphemous to M fans. But that's how it really feels.
An M3 spin-off in the guise of CSL or Evo of the past certainly seems to be next thing serious enthusiasts can think of. Let's hope that we are not proven wrong this time.

Actually the real key feature of an M3 is ( and has always been in fact ) a perfect balanced car that appeals to many. It's got power, style, handling and best of all, can be driven comfortably as a daily car. It's got no issues with any carpark humps too :)
So it's a complete package.

Other than being let down by the high selling price in local context, I am let down completely by the weight vs its real nemesis RS4 that offers very similar performance and the latter is on Quattro system!

1655kg new M3 RWD, CF roof, alu suspension, 15kg lighter in engine weight vs its predecessor

VS

1650kg RS4 Quattro

Doesnt sound right to me.
IMO, the new M3 should be lighter than RS4, 1625kg tops

If M-division launches the CSL version...it will be, at best...1450kg

Let's see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miso88bar