New member but a long-time BMW owner

ml5775

Hi all,

I've own quite a few BMWs from the E30, E36 & E46 (3er), E34 & E39 (5er), E38 (7er), and now an F10 520i. Problem is that I'm not so technically inclined like most of you. I just enjoy my drive and my BMWs have saved my life in more than a few occasions. BMWs have evolved to be very different throughout the years and models but one thing still remain the same: It is still the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE.

Most of the models I've owned were of bigger engine capacities but I've decided on the F10 520i based on the very special deal that I was offered. Now, I'm feeling abit of regret due to the lack of grunt. Any useful help or advice from members out there is very welcome. I mean I still like the car but I can really appreciate it more with additional power.

Cheers and have a good day to all.

View attachment 52496

Re: New member but a long-time BMW owner

Welcome ml5775.

I think a good choice would be 640. Got power, got look, and something you've never owned before. Got 2 doors got 4 doors got cabrio.

You only live once. ac232 say one.

Welcome 5775 ... Is this yr car number ?

C3PO, the 640i is great but I bought my F10 in May 2012 when the 640 hasn't launched yet. I still prefer the F10 looks but I should have gone for the 535i instead. Made a wrong choice because the deal for the 520i was irresistible. Just want to boost the power and drive it for another few years before I switch to another model.

Any good upgrades out there? I've heard of people adding a Juicebox and replaced the downpipe. Any figures to support the claim on my car for these upgrades?

ml5775;1015148 said:
Hi all,

I've own quite a few BMWs from the E30, E36 & E46 (3er), E34 & E39 (5er), E38 (7er), and now an F10 520i. Problem is that I'm not so technically inclined like most of you. I just enjoy my drive and my BMWs have saved my life in more than a few occasions. BMWs have evolved to be very different throughout the years and models but one thing still remain the same: It is still the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE.

Most of the models I've owned were of bigger engine capacities but I've decided on the F10 520i based on the very special deal that I was offered. Now, I'm feeling abit of regret due to the lack of grunt. Any useful help or advice from members out there is very welcome. I mean I still like the car but I can really appreciate it more with additional power.

View attachment 52496

Hi ml,

welcome onboard......

* how about trading in 520i for a 535i ( dont waste time boost here and there......... )
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ml5775;1015160 said:
C3PO, the 640i is great but I bought my F10 in May 2012 when the 640 hasn't launched yet. I still prefer the F10 looks but I should have gone for the 535i instead. Made a wrong choice because the deal for the 520i was irresistible. Just want to boost the power and drive it for another few years before I switch to another model.

Any good upgrades out there? I've heard of people adding a Juicebox and replaced the downpipe. Any figures to support the claim on my car for these upgrades?

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-5-series-owners/78366-f10-misfire-engine.html

you can install quad exhaust - eisennman one of the best sound and quad look
you can change intake - gruppem for look and better sound
you can tune up the ecu - burger tuning juicebox, TMC, etc (do this last after you after upgrade the intake & exhaust)

i think downpipes upgrade only available for 535i as it requires 6 cyclinder to churn out that kind of power

no matter how you mod a 4 cyclinder car you can't achieve the 6 cyclinder roar that you missed in your previous "big" engine

the engine roar, exhaust note and intake suction for 6 cyclinder cannot be reproduced through mods (been there done that)

ml5775;1015160 said:

Last edited by a moderator:

ml5775;1015148 said:
Hi all,

View attachment 52496

Hi ml and welcome! Have a good day to you too!

welcome welcome ml5775,

Since owning couple of BMW, u should know not to venture into those 'accelerator booster' yea... it is just an accelerator booster, not to the real power or torque :p

All e best looking around to 'boost' your ride.

You can try those piggy back tune which should give u at least another +30hp and +50Nm.

Those should be within the safe limits of the engine and your transmission.

Brosiss & wt_know,

Yes, I do miss the music from the trademark BMW 6cyl engines, including my E38 4.4L V8 740Li. However, those engines tend to dig into pockets just to keep them running properly. Never needed to mod any of them as they were perfect stock and revs sweetly to the redline.

This is the tiniest BMW I've owned and I really wish to keep it for at least a few years. FYI, I've just installed a Kelleners module but I cant seem to feel the difference at all. Maybe my expectations were much higher. Anyway, I came to notice that BMW Germany has released a M Performance Pack Upgrade for the 528i & 328i running N20 as well. Its supposed to be a different ECU setting which releases over 295hp and still covered by its original warranty. A quick check with PML reveals that they dont have any plans to release it here. Why?

Still figuring on how to upgrade it further without voiding my warranty. Also, I would prefer to have much more power while keeping the "roar" low for the moment. I wouldnt want my car to roar loudly but shamefully slow.

performance pack is designed for 100% ecu like 328/528
320/520 is a detuned ecu ... 25% tuned down
if bmw is willing ... just release the tune up ecu package (incl h/w) for 320/520 to 328/528
then, it is like slapping their own face for selling detuned car

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;1015239 said:
performance pack is designed for 100% ecu like 328/528
320/520 is a detuned ecu ... 25% tuned down
if bmw is willing ... just release the tune up ecu package (incl h/w) for 320/520 to 328/528
then, it is like slapping their own face for selling detuned car

so how? get 535i or M5???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;1015243 said:
so how? get 535i or M5???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

M5 is the way to go... :p

Another way is to go for non-RFT tyres and forged rims. It will reduce the unsprung weight.

Brosiss,
That was the first thing I did. Original forged M5 wheels on non-RFTs. Still need more poke.

Calculate the potential mod cost (say $8k or $6k). If u get 528, how much more depre do you have to suffer.
maybe after calculate u straightaway change car ha ha.

IMHO, BMW should intro the upgrade in SG like what Audi is offering MTM upgrade service here. Eg, if I remember correctly, for

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789winofficial

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back