New Member: E46 Coupe (ACS bodykit)

Hi All,

Found this website by accident. Think its a great website guys.

Basically, I've got an 2000 E46 Coupe with ACS bodykit and 17" rims. Unfortunately, i haven't been driving it for awhile, but i now want to restore the car back to the best it can be. I thought of selling it a couple of times, but can't bear to part with it (heheh).

Anyway, the stuff i want done for the car in the next mths are as follows:

- New front and back suspensions (Would like suggestions for this)
- New console for the bit inbetween the two front seats/ near the gear stick (too many scratch marks)
- New paint job
- Possibly 18" Type III ACS rims (I had 17" rims cos the car was originally an everyday car for me)

Btw, i'm from Brunei but travel pretty often to Spore, so if you hv any strong recommendations for what type of product i should use, its much appreciated.

Regards,

Caesarsalad!

Re: New Member: E46 Coupe (ACS bodykit)

Let's see:

1. Suspension: U can choose between a cup kit (FSD or Sachs suspension kit) or coilovers. The supension kit is a nice compromise between comfort and price. For coilovers, u get the options of lowering & comfort levels. However its more expensive.

2. The console can be had for S$70 or so. Its the tray type right?

3. Paint jobs can be done by any one of the spray shops in our resources page. Prices can range from the mid S$1000s to S$3000+, depending on if u are just doing a respray of the same colour or different colour.

4. Rims can be sourced from the tire shops in our resource page or u can keep an eye out in our marketplace as good deals do sprout out every so often.

Cheers and good luck on your mods!

How are you gonna spray paint your car here? Are you gonna ship your car over?

rodders said:
How are you gonna spray paint your car here? Are you gonna ship your car over?

NO LA!!!!

think when he said he comes over here often... he most probably meant he would buy those stuffs tat he can actually carry or Ship back... coz think Singapore still has more to offer in terms of all these after market accessories...

CS... there's many forumers here selling their RIMS n even suspension Kits... have a look at under the "BUY n SELL BMW / parts" section...

good luck:)

welcome to our forum! do post some pics of your ride.

woot! good way to modd a car..
welcome! do join us at the meetup if possible

Hi All,

Thanks for ur replies (words of encouragement n recommendations). I'm planning to get most of the spare parts from spore. As for how my car looks now, i'll take a pic soon n post it here.

I bought my 3.28Ci in Jan 2000, and then "Shnitzcered" 8mths later. Since then, it's always been this way. Now, i just wanna give it a small makeover, cos she deserves it!

On the issue of rims, I've seen the Shnitczer Type IV rims, but i dont think they look as great as the Type III rims for the E46 coupe models. Interesting to find out what u guys think on this.

As for finding new Type III rims, its paramont i do find new ones, or at least rims with the original invoices or certificates to authenticate that these are original Shnitczer rims, cos I'll need them to get official approval for this mod with my local transport authority.

Anyway, Azrielsc, on your Q, yup.... its the tray type.

Suspensions, have u guys heard of the brand vogtland? How do they compare to Sachs or Eiibach coils?

Thanks !!!!

At least for the tray, it should be about S$70 cuz i remembered replacing mine before!!

Good luck on your search!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet3markets

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back