New SIC Track Day Date - 22 Oct 2010

Re: New SIC Track Day Date - 22 Oct 2010

Thanks Jack and Shawn for this flawless track day. As always, much appreciated.

ac323, nice to have erm met you on track. Sorry didn't have the time to really talk - was frustrated the first part of the session when my datalogger kept being plugged out of the electrical socket.

Hopefully more BMW owners here take their car up to track - it's the best and only way to find out what their car is truly capable of.

Thanks Jack and Shawn...

Great weather, zero red flags, zero incidents, and a whole bunch of new personal bests from a range of drivers and cars!

Shaun;585246 said:
Thanks Jack and Shawn...

Great weather, zero red flags, zero incidents, and a whole bunch of new personal bests from a range of drivers and cars!

oh no. is there a new best from the red to beat?

I'd like to thank the organizers, Shawn, Jack and any other contributors for this awesome trackday. Its my first time with bmw-sg, & definitely one of the best SIC trackdays I've ever attended

Looking forward to the 2011 trackdays !

Cheers

Kelvin

totoseow;585253 said:
oh no. is there a new best from the red to beat?

hhahah jeremy you cheeky fella lol... it's not about marque vs marque or who vs who. It's everyone vs themselves, the clock.. the efficiencies :D

you call him up and chat lah :)

==

But really.. Peng Toh, Arthur, Ryan, Lung, all got their own personal bests and Kelvin a good feel for his car with a different setup and tires. A very good trackday!

Have a good weekend everyone!

yup, it was a good track day, no incidents, no cops, good weather. Thanks to everyone for coming and making it happen. And also to Jack for pulling his limitless contacts to fill up the grid. It was a really fun day.

Except for the part when some wanker decided to steal my helmet, wear it without a balaclava, refused to return it to me when i asked him to, sweated all inside it and I was too disgusted to get back into the track again thereafter. IDIOT. and that was my good expensive helmet. my arse luck.

Shaun;585258 said:
But really.. Peng Toh, Arthur, Ryan, Lung, all got their own personal bests and Kelvin a good feel for his car with a different setup and tires. A very good trackday!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Thanks Shaun -- Couldn't have done it without all the tips and pointers from you, Shawn and Gerald ! But gotta keep trying .... still a long way to go ....

And thanks Gerald for setting the latest benchmark lap for the ol' blue family sedan -- Shaun -- your turn to top it next lol !

And of course, thanks to Shawn / Jack for another well organized TD as usual ...

Racebred;585269 said:
Except for the part when some wanker decided to steal my helmet, wear it without a balaclava, refused to return it to me when i asked him to, sweated all inside it and I was too disgusted to get back into the track again thereafter. IDIOT. and that was my good expensive helmet. my arse luck.

Who would do that? :(

Ban him!

===

Thanks Shaun -- Couldn't have done it without all the tips and pointers from you, Shawn and Gerald ! But gotta keep trying .... still a long way to go .... And thanks Gerald for setting the latest benchmark lap for the ol' blue family sedan -- Shaun -- your turn to top it next lol
With all the new goodies you have installed since last reference lap (+40hp, semi slicks), and the free-er DSC state, more than 2 laps, etc. expect better than a 3 sec further reduction :D But it's really not about -10, 11, 12 sec reference laps for now... until you're down to within 1 sec of original reference! No sense having say 6 drivers beating on the car to go 15 sec better, especially when you already know what you have to do to start claiming the first 5 seconds to get halfway to target :)

===

Oh and JW also got his personal best... forgot to mention

Last edited by a moderator:

Guys, I've decided to refund 3 x $140 to the 3 drivers whose cars did not enter the track, but tracked using the munich demo cars. It was a miscommunication in the first place on updating the track list, as their cars are not even run in yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
empire88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back