Newbie that needs sound advice.

sg_r1

hi dudes

i am really new to this forum and know jack about BMWs and seriously need sound from you guys. I am considereing a 10 months old BMW 318ia. The mileage is very low, like 10k and is selling for like $110k. Is the price ok?

the other thing is, i am a bit confused with the valvetronic bit and stuff. Is there anything i should look for before jumping in? Cos there seems to be different variants around. Any bit of advise will be helpful (and i really mean any).

thanks pple...

Re: Newbie that needs sound advice.

sg_r1 said:
hi dudes

i am really new to this forum and know jack about BMWs and seriously need sound from you guys. I am considereing a 10 months old BMW 318ia. The mileage is very low, like 10k and is selling for like $110k. Is the price ok?

the other thing is, i am a bit confused with the valvetronic bit and stuff. Is there anything i should look for before jumping in? Cos there seems to be different variants around. Any bit of advise will be helpful (and i really mean any).

thanks pple...

First owner wld not have paid more than $130k for it. So $110k is kinda ex. Nothing wrong with the valvetronic engine. U shd be more concerned abt the svs history. Check PML's record to see if this particular car is a lemon with inherent faults. U can in addition, also get the car evaluated to see if it is accident-free.

hmm.. but i checked the MTA records, a BMW selling last Oct was about $155k. And how do you check with PML? Just call them up?

sg_r1,
Dun rush into buying especially if u r looking at used cars, me for eg, got my 2002yr 318iA at 95K with mileage at 27K only. Go hunting at the Auto megamart at Eunos or PML preown cars stock.

sg_r1 said:
hmm.. but i checked the MTA records, a BMW selling last Oct was about $155k. And how do you check with PML? Just call them up?

Trust me, dun go by the listed price. Sale price shd be around $130k + or -. Other bros can care to confirm or correct. To check svs record, get the seller to give u a letter of authorisation to check with PML or go down there with u. If the car is tip top, seller shd have nothing to fear. If seller refuses to give that letter or go down to PML with u, then u may wanna walk away from this deal. U may wish to consider 2003-2003 model of 320i. A late 2002 (which will have warranty till end 2005 coz 3 yr warranty) is only going for $92k. Shd be a better buy and drive.

sg_r1 said:
hi dudes

thanks pple...

For that price I think u shud be better off getting the new E90 320 model, paying a bit more but it may work out to be better coz:
1. U dont need to pay transfer fee
2. That 318 u mentioned will have the roadtax expiring soon so those are a few grands outta the door

My advice is go and negotiate for the brand new model ...

TripleM said:
For that price I think u shud be better off getting the new E90 320 model, paying a bit more but it may work out to be better coz:
1. U dont need to pay transfer fee
2. That 318 u mentioned will have the roadtax expiring soon so those are a few grands outta the door

My advice is go and negotiate for the brand new model ...

Totally agree. If u can stretch abit, new 320i going for $139k.

ah.. blessed is he who is in the company of the wise. :) yeah, it's true that i am in a bit of a "rush" to buy the car. Thanks for all the advice.

Anyone knows if PML can do an overtrade? I was looking at a Volvo S60 but SM can't do overtrade.. so gave up that idea...

sg_r1 said:
I was looking at a Volvo S60 but SM can't do overtrade.. so gave up that idea...

S60 is passe. Been around since year 2000. If u wanna stick to $110k budget, consider the Subaru Legacy GT.

heh heh.. my hands are tied bro.. some decisions don't always go the way you want it. :)

i've always thought $110K for a one year old 318i is cheap. ooopss..

eh, new 320i going for 139k? sounds really good mann, urggghh!

i believe 90% of the buyers bought their new 3series at the listed price, just like my friend's dad and many others....scary mann..and just like the other thread on the 5series, its oso like WAU!! forum claimed $171K or even lower, PML...$200K?? *faints!

sounds really good being a PML salesperson... hmmm...

i've always thought $110K for a one year old 318i is cheap. ooopss..

eh, new 320i going for 139k? sounds really good mann, urggghh!

i believe 90% of the buyers bought their new 3series at the listed price, just like my friend's dad and many others....scary mann..and the other thread on the 5series, its oso like WAU!! forum claimed $171K or even lower, PML...$200K?? *faints!

sounds really good being a PML salesperson... hmmm...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
may88kiwi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back