hello everyone,

newbie here, just joined the forum recently.

i used to drive a 318 (year 2000 model i guess) some years back. My current ride is the Audi A4 2.0T.

with the explosion of new models in the market lately, its hard to find a better time to get a new ride hehe. i am currently on the lookout for something new and is very keen in the BMW M division cars, especially the new M3...yummy :p I am also very curious of the mod potential of these cars and was hoping if anyone could point me to some reputed workshops in singapore that could mod/tune BMWs or do PML actually provide such services?

I dont track at all, but nevertheless, enjoy enhancing my ride as and when i can, i mean no harm throwing in the odd bbk or exhaust right? ;)

anyway, it's a pleasure joining the forum and looking forward to learning from you guys/gals :)

Re: newbie

forget about the E92 M3..buy a E92 335 and mod to M3..looks nicer,cheaper and FASTER! hwat! welcome in!

nicholastan91;231310 said:
forget about the E92 M3..buy a E92 335 and mod to M3..looks nicer,cheaper and FASTER! hwat! welcome in!

hehe thks nicholastan, the 335 specs is very impressive, but heard the waiting time is ard 8mths...faintz

welcome to bmw.sg... just curious how well is the performance, handling of ur AUDI to the bimmers...

cheers...

hi and welcome to bmw.sg!

yes.. how would you compare your audi to beemers?

many thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

well, i have never driven any other BMWs except my grumpy old 318.

but too be honest, driving the 318 was not the best experience i had....power windows and stereo system broke immediately after the warranty expired and the engine started coughing after i clock 30000km, the support given by pml at that time was not too hot either....

but handling wise, i kinda prefer the feel of my old beemer as compared to my present ride which is FWD, so i guess you guys can draw your own conclusions on this one...;)

gearshift wise, the a4, which is running on cvt, is a lot smoother and subtle than my old beemer, but the downside of cvt, is its mod potential.

in terms of mod potential, pretty limited on my ride, the main limiting factor is the cvt gear box, there's only so much torque it can hold, but i do know that some manual quattro (AWD) audis eg 1.8TQMs can be modded well beyond the 300bhp mark.

interior wise, this is the part that i feel audis generally stand out, IMHO i feel that it has the sportiness of the beemer, and the luxury and comfort of a merc, kinda like the best of both worlds.

exterior wise, there's not many saloons that can beat a beemer in terms of sportiness image, on the other hand, the audi's design with the exception of maybe the rs4, is somewhat more subtle and restraint.

kopimonster;231384 said:
many thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

well, i have never driven any other BMWs except my grumpy old 318.

but too be honest, driving the 318 was not the best experience i had....power windows and stereo system broke immediately after the warranty expired and the engine started coughing after i clock 30000km, the support given by pml at that time was not too hot either....

but handling wise, i kinda prefer the feel of my old beemer as compared to my present ride which is FWD, so i guess you guys can draw your own conclusions on this one...;)

gearshift wise, the a4, which is running on cvt, is a lot smoother and subtle than my old beemer, but the downside of cvt, is its mod potential.

in terms of mod potential, pretty limited on my ride, the main limiting factor is the cvt gear box, there's only so much torque it can hold, but i do know that some manual quattro (AWD) audis eg 1.8TQMs can be modded well beyond the 300bhp mark.

interior wise, this is the part that i feel audis generally stand out, IMHO i feel that it has the sportiness of the beemer, and the luxury and comfort of a merc, kinda like the best of both worlds.

exterior wise, there's not many saloons that can beat a beemer in terms of sportiness image, on the other hand, the audi's design with the exception of maybe the rs4, is somewhat more subtle and restraint.

Thats a mouthful from a newbie.. Nice!! Welcome!

U shld meet forumer Blackbmw (peter).. he is Kopi Emperor. His blood shld be black.

welcome ! we have also Audi friends here e.g. Alvin666, his mod virus quite high too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vip777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back