Newbie!

doggie

Hi all , Just sold my STi today in exchange for a 320i ( was supposed to be getting the 120i till my wife got scard after hearing some scary stories regarding soft tops ). Hopefully i didnt make the wrong choice with the 320 ..as its a beautiful car within my budget . Never driven a continental make b4 and readlly excited to be collecting my car soon ..

BTW ppl always refer to the model with some other nos. like E** .. so my 1st question in this forum would be whats the model no. for my make ?

Another thing.. isit worth it to change to a larger rims with PML? understand it cost a bomb compared to outside ..

I currently booked the Professional range .. is there any other extras thats worth adding in b4 i collect my car?

Sorry its pretty a lot of questions for my 1st post.. hope u guys can help me out ..

Re: Newbie!

Welcome to the forum!

I hope you ordered the facelifted version? Unless you really prefer the pre-facelift, like I know some people do...

The current 3-series monikers are:

E90 (Sedan)
E91 (Touring)
E92 (Coupe)
E93 (Cabrio)

As for wheels, unless you really like the BMW in-house designs, it will probably be more value-for-money to get them changed outside. There are a number of site sponsors here who sell really nice wheels - take a look at the site sponsors' section. Also, the BMW design wheels tend to be heavy.

wow your reply was quick thanks !

Frankly i ordered the Pre-facelift due to the discount they r having right now.

Guess my would be the E90.

As for the wheels dont they have some sensors on the wheels itself..? So if i where to change to other types or brands would the sensor go haywire?

hi welcome to bmw.sg

go for bbs rims. haha

frm Sti to E90....ouch...... u gonna get bored in the 320 dude...

doggie;362847 said:
...As for the wheels dont they have some sensors on the wheels itself..? So if i where to change to other types or brands would the sensor go haywire?

I dun think there are any sensors that are wheel-sensitive. Wife has changed to 19" wheels on her E90 with no problems, as have many of the forumers here....

doggie;362847 said:
... As for the wheels dont they have some sensors on the wheels itself..? So if i where to change to other types or brands would the sensor go haywire?

Welcome!

BMWs not that sophisticated ... yet.

I think the sensors you are referring to are the tyre monitor that lights up when there's a loss of pressure in one or more tyres. The other sensor is the brake pad thickness.

So long as change to a compatible size rims, should not be problem at all.

Terry;362897 said:
frm Sti to E90....ouch...... u gonna get bored in the 320 dude...

Its a little not as exciting but its comfortable and classy i guess... need a change as well from the bouncy and hasrsh ride i'm soo used to .. would love a more powerfull version of the BMW as well but no $$$ soo sad...

Cheer!

Thanks all for the warm welcome .. btw .. ! Cant wait to collect my new ride... currently in the process or de-modding my other ride .. very bz ..

Weclome to the forum.... enjoy your new ride....

Finally collected my ride yesterday .. wow .. been an exciting day for me.. 1st time colllect new car.. LOL ... sound pretty sua ku rite? but anyway v happy with my new toy ... may not be fast .. but at least it feels classy .. a much needed change for me .. Anyway looking to change my rims, install Window Films and get a body kit... that'll be all for this rite... will not go hardcore again like my previous ride.. had such a bz last week doing a de-mod ... been meeting ppl here and there.. and spending the whole day at the workshops...

Sooo If anyone has some sugestions on the abovemention .. pls do help me out here...

hmm you can go SWC (mike) to do your bodykit. window tinting can try coolnlite, vkool, 3m etc. rims look for orhlulu or kenntona (DPE rims.) hahaha

Thanks for the advice .. got a advice from a ex-Bemer driver .. told me to get down to stamford tyres to check out their rims..... any comments? he said cheap and good ... at least scretch already not heart pain just change new one .. hahah ...

Rergarding Window Film .. got lobang for Hyper optik .... but dunno if i should go for it a not.. my previous ride was on Hyperoptik as well .. but it was installed in '04 with the old type of film .. which in my POV usless! Anyone who installed currrently has any comments too ?

doggie;366427 said:
Finally collected my ride yesterday .. wow .. been an exciting day for me.. 1st time colllect new car.. LOL ... sound pretty sua ku rite? but anyway v happy with my new toy ... may not be fast .. but at least it feels classy .. a much needed change for me .. Anyway looking to change my rims, install Window Films and get a body kit... that'll be all for this rite... will not go hardcore again like my previous ride.. had such a bz last week doing a de-mod ... been meeting ppl here and there.. and spending the whole day at the workshops...

Sooo If anyone has some sugestions on the abovemention .. pls do help me out here...

hi doggie! i'm also a new E90 owner like yourself (collected my ride 1 week ago). when i saw this thread, i can't help but to find it amusing cos i also changed from a jap sports ride (mine's a rx8 to the 320i. though i do missed all the red-lining, i loved the quietness n classy feel of the ride. happy light-modding :)

jeronlee;366945 said:
hi doggie! i'm also a new E90 owner like yourself (collected my ride 1 week ago). when i saw this thread, i can't help but to find it amusing cos i also changed from a jap sports ride (mine's a rx8) to the 320i. though i do missed all the red-lining, i loved the quietness n classy feel of the ride. happy light-modding :)

yeah u bet.. peace and quiet after soo many years ahahah.. the only thing i miss is my turbo hahah.. esp when nowadays when some ass comes soo close to my behind ... my thought would be " luck asshole if only it was my old ride" other than that i must say i enjoy my new ride soo much more.. now head very pain thinking of what to do 1st with my low budget hahah ..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jun88gamevip

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back