jebat68

Hi Bro & Sis .....
I'm quite new to BM..
Just got my 318ia (1993) 5 days ago .......
ride was great until today .... got some hissing sound from the engine.... any ideas?

Re: Newbie

Hi jebat,

welcome in........

what kind of sound? engine? air-con compressor? Timing Belt? Radiator fan?

cheers

ac323;460285 said:
Hi jebat,

welcome in........

what kind of sound? engine? air-con compressor? Timing Belt? Radiator fan?

cheers

Bro,

I think your question may be a little too technical for him. We invite him to come to our gathering next Sat and help him out. What do you think?

Hi Kim,

i'm afraid it might be a little too late........sure got to send to A&E (wait till next Sat)

cheers

Bro all,
Thanks for the fast respond, better then A&E.
Probably i'll be for the meet up.

In the meantime where shall i go for a good workshop somewhere in East.

Cheers

ac323;460299 said:
Hi Kim,

i'm afraid it might be a little too late........sure got to send to A&E (wait till next Sat)

cheers

If not then how huh??? How can we help him(or her)?

Cheers

in all honesty, if he has the time to drive his car down for a meetup to see if u guys can identify his problem and then drive it down to the workshop to solve it, he might as well just skip the first step altogether and head down to the nearest workshop =P

best bet imo if u r unsure about what's wrong with ur car is just to send it down to one of our trusted site sponsors! even if turns out that there's nothing wrong with ur car at least u get peace of mind.

Kaiser;460316 said:
in all honesty, if he has the time to drive his car down for a meetup to see if u guys can identify his problem and then drive it down to the workshop to solve it, he might as well just skip the first step altogether and head down to the nearest workshop =P

best bet imo if u r unsure about what's wrong with ur car is just to send it down to one of our trusted site sponsors! even if turns out that there's nothing wrong with ur car at least u get peace of mind.

Point taken. In my haste to help him solve his problem, I neglect the obvious.

Seems like being too Kay poh liao:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

kim_pioneer;460320 said:
Point taken. In my haste to help him solve his problem, I neglect the obvious.

Seems like being too Kay poh liao:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

no lah bro, we all know u very helpful one =P and i think maybe the TS' concern is that if he goes to a random workshop not knowing what is precisely wrong with the car, he might get treated like a carrot. that's why i recommend going only to our site sponsors... very positive feedback from bros on the forums.

Kaiser;460323 said:
no lah bro, we all know u very helpful one =P and i think maybe the TS' concern is that if he goes to a random workshop not knowing what is precisely wrong with the car, he might get treated like a carrot. that's why i recommend going only to our site sponsors... very positive feedback from bros on the forums.

Good point, But still have to check with at least a couple of workshops to get quotes.

Also, since the ride-in-question is an E36, can some very experienced e36 owners reading this thread also offer some advise or help to our new bro.

Cheers

jebat68;460305 said:
Bro all,
Thanks for the fast respond, better then A&E.
Probably i'll be for the meet up.

In the meantime where shall i go for a good workshop somewhere in East.

Cheers

Hi Bro,

Havent heard from you since your last post..

Have you found a good workshop in the East to service your ride?

Hope everything goes well for you

Cheers

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back