duh!

Hello guys, 1st post here! Hope to learn more from lau jiao here, just found a buyer for my sti, now looking for conti options :)

Re: Newbie

duh!;606045 said:
Hello guys, 1st post here! Hope to learn more from lau jiao here, just found a buyer for my sti, now looking for conti options :)

Hi duh,

welcome onboard...............

cheers

Hi guys....since I am a newbie... I realised that I cannot post on other threads... just yet.... but I have some questions.. and they are urgent.. hopefully, the seniors can help paste this at the right section.

Test drove an E90 325i year 2005 this afternoon at Turf City... drove the car, never tried a 6cylinder before... its rock and roll after 3000rpm or so.. but I really cannot adapt to the lack of the low end torque of that car... I dont know whats going on.. if its a problem in that particular car, or if its a universal problem w all 325i?... its really sluggish.

This is the only thing stopping me from getting the car as I really value bottom end, since I daily commute is only 10-15km to and from office... and its 100% city driving start stop... so I think I am gonna have a hard time dealing with that. I tested the C200 CGI Merc (just for fun, no intention to buy that model 1st hand) and the torque came in like 2000rpm or so, it was just great!!!

I hope to hear from actual owners of 325i if this is a real concern and how to overcome this. I understand that there's Sprintboosters (and everything that works like that etc) but I guess I may save the money and teach my foot to go further to the metal.... hmmm......

Also, the mileage of the car is around slighly higher that 105K... so, that is considered average 20k or so per year.... but after reading a particular thread in the performance section, there were scary discussions about gearbox going bust.... I am just wondering, if there is a way to know how strong the GB is... hmm.....

Depreciation for that car is around 11K per year, comes with nice M Kit and 19" wheels, great exterior and single owner.. and I wonder if that is a good buy.

Hope to hear your thoughts and solutions, thanks heaps!!!

duh!;608284 said:
Hi guys....since I am a newbie... I realised that I cannot post on other threads... just yet.... but I have some questions.. and they are urgent.. hopefully, the seniors can help paste this at the right section.

Test drove an E90 325i year 2005 this afternoon at Turf City... drove the car, never tried a 6cylinder before... its rock and roll after 3000rpm or so.. but I really cannot adapt to the lack of the low end torque of that car... I dont know whats going on.. if its a problem in that particular car, or if its a universal problem w all 325i?... its really sluggish.

This is the only thing stopping me from getting the car as I really value bottom end, since I daily commute is only 10-15km to and from office... and its 100% city driving start stop... so I think I am gonna have a hard time dealing with that. I tested the C200 CGI Merc (just for fun, no intention to buy that model 1st hand) and the torque came in like 2000rpm or so, it was just great!!!

I hope to hear from actual owners of 325i if this is a real concern and how to overcome this. I understand that there's Sprintboosters (and everything that works like that etc) but I guess I may save the money and teach my foot to go further to the metal.... hmmm......

Also, the mileage of the car is around slighly higher that 105K... so, that is considered average 20k or so per year.... but after reading a particular thread in the performance section, there were scary discussions about gearbox going bust.... I am just wondering, if there is a way to know how strong the GB is... hmm.....

Depreciation for that car is around 11K per year, comes with nice M Kit and 19" wheels, great exterior and single owner.. and I wonder if that is a good buy.

Hi duh,

it is a little sluggish due to its weight.........moreover your previous ride is a STi ( torque no problem )........you can probably add-in a Powerbox from BOSS Motorsports ( piggy bag system ) to have a better over-all response....

105k mileage for a 5 year old ride ( quite ok )............
6 cyc is definitely sweet

happy searching..
cheers

duh!;608284 said:

U r comparing apple vs orange.

NA vs TC/SC.

Not forgetting that adaptive transmission has not picked up ur driving yet.

Lastly, why do u buy BMW? That's the key question.

Dude, i know i cant compare against the sti... And i am not. I hv driven a 5 speed auto RS200 Altezza... And even that wasnt that laggy to begin with. I juz need to understand if this is how the engine behave and something that everyone need to accept. If thats the case, perhaps it will be an easier solution for me to get out of this predicament.... Why i wanna buy a BMW? Because i was told by the Mercedes SE that BMW is a driver's car... And to get that praise from your arch rival is really something... Well... This afternoon... My 1st driving experience in a beemer was exciting... Less the lag...

Hhmmmmm... Hope theres a cure for this n i dunno if i m asking for the sky

Hi duh,
2L or 2.5L all behave in similar sluggish way when u move off from 0km/h. The throttle is electronically controlled to behave this way.
Just get a SB or velocity, or remap ECU or whatever. For me I just move gear stick to sports mode when I need to chiong, which I hardly do so because so many cars in front, chiong already also must stop at next traffic light.

Btw If u try sports mode u will realize why I say throttle response is controlled when in normal drive mode. For safety la, many uncle aunties also driving bimmer, if throttle behave like wild horse they will long bia.

Also prepare some backup funds for wear and tear. :)
Cheers.

C3P0;608307 said:
Hi duh,
2L or 2.5L all behave in similar sluggish way when u move off from 0km/h. The throttle is electronically controlled to behave this way.
Just get a SB or velocity, or remap ECU or whatever. For me I just move gear stick to sports mode when I need to chiong, which I hardly do so because so many cars in front, chiong already also must stop at next traffic light.

Cheers.

like real, i cant even catch you up on CTE and i was driving at 80.88km......

cheers

ac323;608310 said:
like real, i cant even catch you up on CTE and i was driving at 80.88km......

cheers
Slow a bit nevermind. Important thing it's a topless z4 and driver has long hair. Girls see liao will scream " 郑伊健!" and then they faint. Hitmee say one. :chinese:

C3P0;608313 said:
Slow a bit nevermind. Important thing it's a topless z4 and driver has long hair. Girls see liao will scream " 郑伊健!" and then they faint. Hitmee say one. :chinese:

ya right..................................Hitmee...................

cheers

duh!;608305 said:
Dude, i know i cant compare against the sti... And i am not. I hv driven a 5 speed auto RS200 Altezza... And even that wasnt that laggy to begin with. I juz need to understand if this is how the engine behave and something that everyone need to accept. If thats the case, perhaps it will be an easier solution for me to get out of this predicament.... Why i wanna buy a BMW? Because i was told by the Mercedes SE that BMW is a driver's car... And to get that praise from your arch rival is really something... Well... This afternoon... My 1st driving experience in a beemer was exciting... Less the lag...

Hhmmmmm... Hope theres a cure for this n i dunno if i m asking for the sky
For Altezza, if u r talking about RS, of course no fight. It is racy tuned. In addition, BMW E90 325 is about 200 heavier than it.

BMW is always lag if the usual person drive it like a pussy. To remove the lag (other than sprintbooster), drive 1 or 2 days w/o air-cond. Whenever possible, slam throttle. After that, it will be very sensitive.

To enjoy BMW is to find corner to drive. I always exit expressway above legal speed (not possible to write here).

Ok, thanks for all the advice... I just got myself an E46 320i 2.2ltr... effing crazy depr.. cheaper than Honda Civic.. lol... anyhow, learning to adapt the low end... davidtch.. thanks for the tip.. i guess i have to drive this car like a mf.. hehehehe

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvipbeauty

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back