Newest owner

Stan here. Just got a new 525i from PML. My pleasure to be part of the club.

One query...My bhp is only 218. Anyway to tune it higher and what's the cost?

Re: Newest owner

Not alot u can do...
Drive the car stock is good :)

Citibanker;445848 said:

install Velocity... ask Wilman2772
life will never be the same...trust me!:laughing:

correct me if i'm wrong, but installing velocity will NOT improve bhp, it only changes the throttle mapping. for bhp, can try ignition + spark plugs upgrade at r2d, and replacing stock air filter with a less restrictive one (i stand by hurricane, can get those at j4c). these r the relatively cheaper mods that u can do if u want increments in bhp. warranty will however most likely be void, unless u go through the trouble of replacing the upgrades with stock every time u send ur car in for servicing.

if you are feeling hardcore, ecu reflash after all the hardware upgrades would probably be your best option for any significant bhp gains.

Citibanker;445848 said:

Hmm did U just collect a Black 525i M Aero Kitted today mornign at 1030am from PML?

Kaiser;445859 said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but installing velocity will NOT improve bhp, it only changes the throttle mapping. for bhp, can try ignition + spark plugs upgrade at r2d, and replacing stock air filter with a less restrictive one (i stand by hurricane, can get those at j4c). these r the relatively cheaper mods that u can do if u want increments in bhp. warranty will however most likely be void, unless u go through the trouble of replacing the upgrades with stock every time u send ur car in for servicing.

if you are feeling hardcore, ecu reflash after all the hardware upgrades would probably be your best option for any significant bhp gains.

that's probably correct.
And the advice above is all very sensible, plus an freer flowing exhaust/muffler
to match the less restrictive intake.
THEN a remap/retune after all that is done.

but for any NA car
there really is no really way to get Significant Bhp gains.
Short of dropping in a SC/TC.

Niteblu,

Thank you for the info. I'm a relationship manager.

Delrosa,

I have not collect my car. Coming in only in July but yes, mine is a black 525i M Aero. :)

Kaiser,

thank you for the info. Being a new car, having the warranty void is not something very wise I guess. Guess, there is nothing much i can do on a 2.5L which only produce 218 bhp...haizz.

Thank you tripleM and JLMC as well.

You guys are kind.

Btw,

Can I ask something? What's with the E60 and E90? I really don't know much about these models. Are they still selling in the market?

citibanker, e60 refers to the model of the current BMW 5series, e90 refers to the model of the current BMW 3series, hope that helps

Cheers!

Citibanker;446017 said:
Niteblu,

RM? that's good.
which branch?.
can do PM if you're not comfy disclosin.

I used to be with Citi as well.

:)

hi welcome !
u never sleep? heard Citibank never sleep keke...

Purefate;446024 said:
citibanker, e60 refers to the model of the current BMW 5series, e90 refers to the model of the current BMW 3series, hope that helps

Cheers!
you are not alone. I was trying to figure out what these models E60, E90 etc were since I joined last week.

Cheers!

chrislim;446210 said:
you are not alone. I was trying to figure out what these models E60, E90 etc were since I joined last week.

Cheers!

I apologised on behalf of the horsins here (like iscoupe and jawzsg), 'cause they never reply to guys' posts (unless you are Christina Lim). But I'm very fair, I treat all guys and gals alike. Here is your answer, cheers:
BMW - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(anyway, don't ask me too technical questions. I only know the simple non-technical ones...:p )

Citibanker;446017 said:
Niteblu,

Delrosa,

I have not collect my car. Coming in only in July but yes, mine is a black 525i M Aero. :)

Kaiser,

thank you for the info. Being a new car, having the warranty void is not something very wise I guess. Guess, there is nothing much i can do on a 2.5L which only produce 218 bhp...haizz.

Thank you tripleM and JLMC as well.

You guys are kind.

Thats why I suggested Velocity...u sure feel the diff. Not that there's a BHP gain, but it sure trick the ECU so much so that after using it, u dont want to go back to normal mode.
thats what so good abt Velocity. If u feel keeping stock is best, just switch it off,
OR take it out, anytime.:nutkick:
but trust me, life will never be the same...bcos I had tried so hard to resist.:wtf:

no worries abt warranty void...but if R2D ignition upgrade is also a MUST, if u really wanted a simple mod.:lol:

JLMC;446237 said:
Thats why I suggested Velocity...u sure feel the diff. Not that there's a BHP gain, but it sure trick the ECU so much so that after using it, u dont want to go back to normal mode.
thats what so good abt Velocity. If u feel keeping stock is best, just switch it off,
OR take it out, anytime.:nutkick:
but trust me, life will never be the same...bcos I had tried so hard to resist.:wtf:

no worries abt warranty void...but if R2D ignition upgrade is also a MUST, if u really wanted a simple mod.:lol:

Actually I think Velocity doesn't trick the ECU per se right?
maybe Wilman can chime in.

LOL pple.

Citi never sleep cause when one market close, another market open. From Asia to Europe to US and back to Asia. Citi has network everywhere, it never sleep. LOL

Thank you C3PO on the info...:)

JLMC, pardon me for my ignorant, what is this velocity thingy? Can to explain where will it be installed and does it void my warranty?

Thank you so much Kaiser!

Your explanation is so much easier to understand. Btw, plug where?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgamebai

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back