Newest owner

Re: Newest owner

Citibanker;446382 said:
Thank you so much Kaiser!

Your explanation is so much easier to understand. Btw, plug where?
ahem... Wat's ur gender?

Citibanker;446388 said:
LOL....To your disappointment, I'm a guy!

But plug and play where?
guy ! ! ! PM C3PO he will teach u how to plug ! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: - end OT

iScoupe;446389 said:
guy ! ! ! PM C3PO he will teach u how to plug ! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: - end OT

Citibanker, please ignore the above post (he's a gay) and good luck to your search for a velocity. Enjoy your new car too.

the second link that i posted earlier was a review of velocity on a 525i. i haven't installed it myself though. according to my limited understanding of how it works, it essentially changes ur throttle mapping, so a smaller accelerator input is now amplified, and ur engine revs faster. you get the feel that your car becomes more responsive and more powerful, but in effect what u r actually doing to your car is what u would have done had u floored the pedal. of course there's also the element of reducing throttle lag (the 1-2 second lag time that the engine takes to respond to pedal inputs).

my personal opinion is that i am reluctant to spend hundreds of dollars on a device with functions that i can mostly replicate by simply stepping harder on the accelerator. but lots of other petrolheads who have tried out the mod can't seem to live without it, so maybe i'm missing something out here =P

Kaiser;446646 said:
the second link that i posted earlier was a review of velocity on a 525i. i haven't installed it myself though. according to my limited understanding of how it works, it essentially changes ur throttle mapping, so a smaller accelerator input is now amplified, and ur engine revs faster. you get the feel that your car becomes more responsive and more powerful, but in effect what u r actually doing to your car is what u would have done had u floored the pedal. of course there's also the element of reducing throttle lag (the 1-2 second lag time that the engine takes to respond to pedal inputs).

my personal opinion is that i am reluctant to spend hundreds of dollars on a device with functions that i can mostly replicate by simply stepping harder on the accelerator. but lots of other petrolheads who have tried out the mod can't seem to live without it, so maybe i'm missing something out here =P

Kaiser that's pretty much it.
You've summed it up fairly well.
I had the same reservations in theory
about the Sprint Booster that I ended up using.

but in reality. no matter how you stomp the pedal.
you won't be able to replicate the same sensation.
i know i wasn't able to *shrug*

it's more than butt feel.
there is a real cut in e-throttle delay.
the trade off?
possibly at 1/2 or 2/3 pedal - you might be at WOT.
so beyond that, there might be no further feel.

i haven't tried to empirically observe it yet.
i just drive with a smile on my face :)
(along with all the other sillyness i've done on my ride)

niteblu;446875 said:
Kaiser that's pretty much it.
You've summed it up fairly well.
I had the same reservations in theory
about the Sprint Booster that I ended up using.

but in reality. no matter how you stomp the pedal.
you won't be able to replicate the same sensation.
i know i wasn't able to *shrug*

it's more than butt feel.
there is a real cut in e-throttle delay.
the trade off?
possibly at 1/2 or 2/3 pedal - you might be at WOT.
so beyond that, there might be no further feel.

i haven't tried to empirically observe it yet.
i just drive with a smile on my face :)
(along with all the other sillyness i've done on my ride)

yup i understand that i cannot replicate the way sb/velocity deals with e-throttle lag. what i meant was the whole deal of throttle signal amplification means nothing much to me as i can simply step harder on the pedal to get WOT. so essentially the price that i pay for velocity/sb is purely for dealing with e-throttle lag and not so much it's other benefit.

but thanks anyway for your (rather positive) review, i must say im kinda tempted. driving a 4 potter currently and intending to fit an after-market exhaust. if the low end loss becomes bad enough, i'll probably fit one of these in haha...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Personalizedgiftsforu

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back